Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:19 am 
Former King of Posts

Only met Canary much later, after she and Ollie were a couple. Never thought about the age difference until Green Arrows own series where they painted him as significantly older than Canary, which I thought was odd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:58 am 
Grickle Grass Grower

Isnt the Golden Age Black Canary, Modern Age BC's Mom or something? Or is that different now. Maybe GA got down with Mom AND Daughter. Playa!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:06 pm 
Collector Inspector

Arsenio3 wrote:
Isnt the Golden Age Black Canary, Modern Age BC's Mom or something? Or is that different now. Maybe GA got down with Mom AND Daughter. Playa!

Possibly but Crisis on Infinate Earts "corrected that" :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:27 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

DCU makes my head spin. They really should have just started an Ultimate line (like everyone thought All-Star was gonna be) with an all new timeline that cleans everything up without a crisis or a Superboy Prime timeline altering punch. That's why I love the DCAU so much--you get the essential version of the character, without all the baggage. Just jump right in and enjoy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:20 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

I want my animated style JSA!

This version of Robin, please:

And this version of the Red Tornado:

And Wonder Woman in the star-spangled skirt would be cool.

Mike
(And don't get me started on Ma Hunkel ...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:40 pm 
Cold-cast

Wow! I've never seen that Robin cover. Cool!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:33 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

Black Canary II was retconned in 1983, before the Crisis happened. The story was in JLA #219-220, though the change occured in 220. In that issue it was revealed that Black Canary and Larry Lance had a child who was attacked by the Wizard and given supersonic powers. The Thuinderbolt put the child into stasis and erased the memories of Dinah I and Larry Lance. When Aquarius killed Larry during JLA#73/74, Dinah I was irradiated with enough of his cosmic energy that it was killing her before she could make the trip to live on Earth-1, so Thunderbolt took her to Dinah II and implanted Dinah I's memories into the second, then woke her up and as the original Canary died, the second one went on to live on Earth-1 and soon fell in love with Ollie. It was a clever idea, but the creepiest aspect is that she had all of her mother's memories, which no doubt included memories of Larry Lance.(I will not elaborate further how wrong those memories could be...)

Val

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:46 am 
Grickle Grass Grower

CordeliaChaseFan wrote:
Black Canary II was retconned in 1983, before the Crisis happened. The story was in JLA #219-220, though the change occured in 220. In that issue it was revealed that Black Canary and Larry Lance had a child who was attacked by the Wizard and given supersonic powers. The Thuinderbolt put the child into stasis and erased the memories of Dinah I and Larry Lance. When Aquarius killed Larry during JLA#73/74, Dinah I was irradiated with enough of his cosmic energy that it was killing her before she could make the trip to live on Earth-1, so Thunderbolt took her to Dinah II and implanted Dinah I's memories into the second, then woke her up and as the original Canary died, the second one went on to live on Earth-1 and soon fell in love with Ollie. It was a clever idea, but the creepiest aspect is that she had all of her mother's memories, which no doubt included memories of Larry Lance.(I will not elaborate further how wrong those memories could be...)

Val

Oh simple!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:39 pm 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

Animated style JSA would be the best, I'd get every single one. Heck I'd get 2 each just in case. LOL. It would be my dream come true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:57 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

Arsenio3 wrote:
CordeliaChaseFan wrote:

Val

Oh simple!

And people wonder why comic fans used to be mocked (or still are except for geek chic)..

I just read that and went-- man, comics are stupid--- now when is my next version of Capt. Carrot and the Zoo Crew going to come out :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:02 pm 
Former King of Posts

I actually remember reading that story and thinking, "That makes a lot of sense."

My thanks to CordeliaChaseFan for typing what I was not willing to. Kudos for the history lesson.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:30 pm 
Collector Inspector

I had a dream the other night where alot of the new figures we are gonna find out about in february are the Justice Guild.
Honestly though, if that true, I'm gonna be spending alot less on JLU.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:02 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

I wouldnt mind the Justice Guild, I would probably collect them as a matter of OCD, but I dont know if I would display them. Ok I would probably display them, but not proudly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:19 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

As much as Crisis changed characters and their origins, I think Black Canary's back story these days is a lot better than the JLA #220 retcon(and mind you I liked that story). It makes a heck of a lot more sense these days that she is a legacy heroine and that her adopting the mantle of Canary was an act of rebellion against her over protective mother. It also eliminated the creepy factor I mentioned earlier.

Of course who knows what DC will cook up after Final Crisis ends.

Val

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:41 pm 
Killer Mothman

I've been after Mattel to make a Golden Age Batman repaint for years now. Throw in a Fleischer style Superman, and an Alan Scott Green Lantern and I think you'd have a heck of a three pack!