Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: DCUC- For the near completists, what are you not getting?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:05 pm 
serves the Otter

What are the figures you won't be getting, I'd think it's most likely tehy're variants and you'd at least wanna buy enough to complete the Collect and Connect figure.

For me,

DCUC 1

I might pass on Classic Red Tornado.
I they make a decent variant of Batman I'll go for that and pass on the classic one, maybe.

DCUC 2

Passing on Aquaman (modern) cuz I already have the OYL DCD version.

DCUC 3

If they make a variant of Nightwing, I'll skip on the main one.
If they make modern Hal I won't get him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:50 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Right now I think I would avoid buying a "regular" character like Bane if the variant included a pack-in like Osito and I'll probably avoid minor deco variations and buy the one I think looks better (ie: I bought the chrome "S" Steel). I think the variants are something that TG and his crew really need to keep a handle on. I don't mind a different color or new parts making up a variant, but make it worthwhile... Using Marvel Legends as examples: Phoenix/Dark Phoenix is acceptable because both are comic accurate and visibly different, bald/dreadlock Bishop not so much since the head is really the only difference...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:51 pm 
Knows his stuff

I want to build a Satellite JLA out of these.

So far, w1 = Batman, Red Tornado w2 = Firestorm, Aquaman w3 = Hal Jordan.

Then I'll pick some that are to cool aka Harley Quinn, Sinestro, Nightwing and Robin. And to get Grundy, Deathstroke.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:41 am 
Knows his stuff

ill probably skip the variants, and get just superman blue. the only variant i wouldnt skip is if they did a red/green robin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:30 am 
PVC

So far the only figures that I probably won't get will be a few of the variants. I don't absolutely have to have the classic Red Tornado (although if i see it, I'll probably pick it up). Will pass on the modern Aquaman and the modern Firestorm as well, just not looks i'm interested in. The rest so far are must haves!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:15 am 
shirtless hugger

the variants don't really do it for me, but I want that classic Firestorm!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:08 am 
Fugitive Dust

I've already preordered the first two waves, so I guess I will be getting everyone that they send me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:18 am 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

I won't pass on the Red Tornado classic variant if I see him at retail, but I won't pay a ransom on Ebay or at LCS for him. He might be a little pricey due to the 1 in 10 ratio.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:24 am 
5" Scale

I'm going to be picking and choosing with this line, especially since much of what's been announced, I already have in satisfactory form from DCD.

Wave 1: Definitely getting Orion. That may be it...depends on when I see Batman in person.

Wave 2: Probably all...only really care about Aquaman (classic), Black Manta and Harley, but I like the Grodd sculpt.

Wave 3: Haven't seen the images yet, but I think I may be giving this wave a pass entirely. I prefer Silver/Bronze Age, so Robin & Nightwing don't really appeal. I like my DCD Deathstroke & Sinestro a lot. I may get Hal, but that'd probably be it. I have a Grundy from DCD, good enough for me.

If DCUC starts putting out characters that DCD hasn't made yet, then I'll most likely be buying more...assuming, of course, that I can find them!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:57 am 
my tummy itches

Only passing on the more modern versions when there are two of the same character. I want the classic versions of Aquaman, Firestorm, and Red Tornado.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:54 am 
PVC

I haven't been a completist for DSCH so far. I skipped Killer Croc and Azrael simply because I'm unfamiliar with those characters, skipped Robin and Nightwing because they weren't 4HM sculpts, and skipped all the variants.

I'll only be getting one version of each character in the first 3 waves of DCUC; I'll opt for the classic version every time when one is available. I'll be getting all five characters in every wave for the sake of the BAF, and keeping all of them with the exception of Batman and Superman Blue/Red, which I'll sell or trade off.

I'll only be "completist" with this line for unique characters that I have a fondness for and for the sake of completing the BAF, again only if I like the BAF figure. Figures bought solely for the sake of completing the BAFs will be sold/traded.

Wakko

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:56 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I'm buying all the one's I need to get the BAF, so mainly it's just choosing which variant (If I even have the option, I'll probably be stuck picking up the non-variants).

Wave 1: I like the modern version of RT better.

Wave 2 I choose: Classic Aquaman, Blue Superman and classic Firestorm, but I might get both once I see them.

Wave 3: If they do Sinestro with his Sinestro Corps outfit I'll grab both of him, Deathstroke I would get an unmasked of and I'd pass on anybody else. Unless Nightwing had some kind of Retro variant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:04 pm 
ABS

I'm part of the majority where I won't be getting variants of figures. So far the line-ups look great. I was just going to pick and choose, but after seeing wave 2 and 3, I'm just getting the sets.

DCSH was a total different story...Scarecrow was way, way to thin. Bane, Croc, and Doomsday weren't big enough (Neither were Darkseid and Mongul, but I got those anyway), the first Supergirl, Clark Kent (how would he hide all his muscles under that suit??) and all the SuperBat variants, save for the Knight Shadow Batman. He looked pretty cool.

Soo, as long as 4H makes them, and the're not a character I despise, I'll get them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:22 pm 
categorically opposed

I never thought I'd be a variant guy, but the looks of these figures are so incredible that I will be hunting down every last variant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:07 pm 
Former King of Posts

I really like the look of these.
But with DCD, I have so many of these characters in the approx 6" scale already.
Or I have passed on that character choice as I am not all that keen on them.
For 10$ or so I am picky about character choice.

thinking of getting
Wave 1 - Metamorpho (somehow)
Wave 2 - Black Manta, Firestorm, Superman Blue
Wave 3 - Nightwing, Robin

Definitly not interested in:
Penguin, Red Tornado, Etrigan
Harley Quin, Grodd
Deathstroke, Solomon Grundy