Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:38 pm 
Cold-cast

TSR wrote:
Don't need Blue Devil and I don't know if this story would count since it involves messing with someone's mind, but figured I'd share:

I was at Target Saturday morning and saw a young boy who was clutching tightly a SW figure. His mother had told him no, to put it back, he didn't have enough money, etc. The boy begged: "But Mom, I've never seen this one before, is there anyway you could buy it as a Christmas present for me?" She told him he'd have to wait and see if Santa got it for him.

I decided to step in and ask: "May I have that figure then? I've been looking all over town for that exact same figure for my son - it's very hard to find."

The mother's eyes grew large and she quickly spat out: "I've changed my mind, Timothy, put it in the cart please." The boy cheered and put it in the cart.

Let it be known, I do not have a son. ;)

Let it be known you guilted a mother who couldn't afford a figure into buying one for her son.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:40 pm 
5" Scale

Krazee, I hope you don't mind me doing this and this is certainly not to steal your thunder but I picked up an extra Blue Devil from Mervyn's recently and would like to give it away to one of our board members.

You can decide who gets it and I'll send it off to them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:05 am 
Collector Inspector

brand42 wrote:
Krazee, I hope you don't mind me doing this and this is certainly not to steal your thunder but I picked up an extra Blue Devil from Mervyn's recently and would like to give it away to one of our board members.

You can decide who gets it and I'll send it off to them.

Mind? Not at all! I'm sure there's more than one person out there who is sans Devil!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:41 am 
my tummy itches

DC Biased wrote:
Let it be known you guilted a mother who couldn't afford a figure into buying one for her son.

Bit harsh, don't you think?
Not that I would have included this as it added nothing to the story, but she had enough gold jewelery on her to embarrass Mr. T. I don't think that $7 action figure hurt her wallet in the least.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:01 am 
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark

TSR wrote:
DC Biased wrote:

Bit harsh, don't you think?
Not that I would have included this as it added nothing to the story, but she had enough gold jewelery on her to embarrass Mr. T. I don't think that $7 action figure hurt her wallet in the least.

I actually thought your story was pretty dang funny!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:42 am 
my tummy itches

Thanks Catina-Dan! :D I was just trying to have some fun, not bankrupt the woman ;)