Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

How Many New JLU Figures Do You Think They Will Show In February??
Poll ended at Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:25 pm
1-5 36%  36%  [ 13 ]
6-10 53%  53%  [ 19 ]
11-15 11%  11%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 36
 Post subject: How Many New JLU Figures Do YOu Think They Will Show?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:25 pm 
ACCOUNT SUSPENDED

Just Wonderin What Everyone Thinks. With the announcement of the February Issue of Toyfare having new JLU, I was seeing what everyone has on their mind, Whether its going to just be a handful, or be a total revitalization of the line and they have at least a good years worth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:44 pm 
Former King of Posts

Just a handful. Remember, the product shown in Feb will be for sale late in the year 2008.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:46 pm 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

Though I'd be psyched to see a whole new kick off to the line with a dozen or so characters...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:50 pm 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

What would I like to see? 5 waves a year with 5-6 figures to a wave. OH wait they are doing that with DCUC already.

I anticipate that we will see about a small handful of NEW figures but it will shown as a dozen or more 3 packs with existing figures mixed in. Just my guess.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:54 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

superfriend wrote:
Just a handful. Remember, the product shown in Feb will be for sale late in the year 2008.

I'll have to disagree...the stuff shown in Toy Fare was probably picked up for retail after the October Toy Fair. Otherwise, how could they get pics to the magazine for their Feb issue given the 3-month lead time that the publishing would need? That being said, I'm assuming they'll already be 3 months into the production process when Toy Fair 2008 hits and the first assortments will be released in the Spring.

I'm also going to say that they'll probably dump the 3-packs and give us a unified line of singles consisting of repaints, re-releases and new characters...all under re-designed packaging similar to the DCUC.

I say three assortments of six figures each, with half of them being new characters and the other half split with repaints that make sense (Booster, Tornado, Savage Time Superman, etc). The same with SDCC...they'll reveal another 18 figures.

No, I don't have any inside info that supports this post. ;) Heh...

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:56 pm 
Former King of Posts

marillion wrote:
superfriend wrote:

I'll have to disagree...

One of the recent Q&A sessions included a comment that Miracle, Fire, Ice, and the Ultra Humanite 3 packs were the product for spring 2008.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:58 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

superfriend wrote:
One of the recent Q&A sessions included a comment that Miracle, Fire, Ice, and the Ultra Humanite 3 packs were the product for spring 2008.

...and yet they're out now. They wouldn't dare go nearly a full year with zero product. See my point?

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:04 pm 
Former King of Posts

This year had nearly zero product from March thru November. At least I never saw any. That aside, I don't think folks should expect them to show product in Feb and it be on shelves in April.

Thinking back, I think the Rocket Red wave showed up about the time of SDCC. Mid Summer. July?

We used to joke at Hasbro that it took as long to make a GiJoe as it did to make a baby, 9 months.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:01 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

I'd vote zero if it were an option. Until I see new products on the shelves, I'll continue my belief that the line is finished.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:39 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

superfriend wrote:
This year had nearly zero product from March thru November. At least I never saw any. That aside, I don't think folks should expect them to show product in Feb and it be on shelves in April.

Ah yes, but don't forget...it's 2008 we're talking about!

"Entire DC stable of characters! Geared toward collectors! Better distribution! Aisle branding! DCAU fan euphoria!"

I stand by my statement. After everything thats been said by Scott (ToyGuru), they wouldn't DARE have ZERO new DCAU product on shelves ALL YEAR, *especially* if it was picked up at retail and they have *something* to announce via ToyFare magazine.

Refute THAT, Erik! :P

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:29 pm 
Cold-cast

Seriously, this poll question proves there should be a moritorium on Polls on this board for awhile.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:42 pm 
shirtless hugger

DC Biased wrote:
Seriously, this poll question proves there should be a moritorium on Polls on this board for awhile.

That could work. Let's hold a poll to see how the other board members feel about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:48 pm 
Cold-cast

Good one. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:15 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

There should have been a "Not Enough" option

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:34 pm 
5" Scale

Toyfare magazine often offers exclusive figures for sale. I'm starting to wonder if they might have an exclusive DCUC and JLU figure later on this year? Certainly the fact that they're the ones with the announcements and photos might mean something?