Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: I saw the Mattel Super Friends Batwing last night....
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:25 am 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

I saw it last night at Wal-Mart and like the batmobile it looked pretty cool and fun. it was $20 at Wal-Mart.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:28 am 
serves the Otter

looks fun. much like the Keaton Batman movie Batplane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:49 am 
serves the Otter

Cool--hope that means Cyborg and Hawkman are just around the corner, too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:35 am 
Former King of Posts

I just hope that the stores decide they want the wider range of characters. I still have yet to see anyone oudside of Supes, Bats, Flash.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:38 am 

They had all 6 characters on the pegs last night. 2 Bats, 3 Supes, 1 Flash, 1 Green Lantern, 1 Aquaman & a Lex. I also saw the deluxe Green Lantern at TRU. I was hoping to find the plush Super Friends Batman that I saw on ebay a few days ago, but didn't have any luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:08 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I posted this elsewhere already but thought I would add it here for anyone that missed it.

My local TRU has stocked the new "Shake 'n Go" Batmobiles. They had both the blue and black versions of the 'mobile.

For anyone not in the know, "Shake 'n Go" cars are kinda like "my first racetrack" cars. The little ones shake the cars and get a cool engine revving sound, then they lay them on a flat surface or one of the racetrack sets and watch em go. In the past the line has also offered "Cars" characters as well as generic autos like formula one, police, indy, nascar, hot rod, etc.

My son loves em. And since he also loves the SuperFriends line this is a great combo. Kinda like CHocolate and Peanut Butter.

(I sound like and Ad Man)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:43 am 
Collector Inspector

It's funny because I have seen every character that was available so far except for the Flash. I kinda wanted to get my brother one for X-mas becuase he loves the Flash.

On topic cool batwing, but the Toy Biz 90's one is still my fave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:45 am 

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
I posted this elsewhere already but thought I would add it here for anyone that missed it.

My local TRU has stocked the new "Shake 'n Go" Batmobiles. They had both the blue and black versions of the 'mobile.

For anyone not in the know, "Shake 'n Go" cars are kinda like "my first racetrack" cars. The little ones shake the cars and get a cool engine revving sound, then they lay them on a flat surface or one of the racetrack sets and watch em go. In the past the line has also offered "Cars" characters as well as generic autos like formula one, police, indy, nascar, hot rod, etc.

My son loves em. And since he also loves the SuperFriends line this is a great combo. Kinda like CHocolate and Peanut Butter.

Cool! Thanks for the heads up...I'd not heard of a Batmobile in that series before...now I must look.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:42 am 
shirtless hugger

That reminds me...I saw the Aqua Sub on eBay from a Hong Kong seller. It's still there. Here's a pic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:32 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

superfriend wrote:
I just hope that the stores decide they want the wider range of characters. I still have yet to see anyone oudside of Supes, Bats, Flash.

I think I've seen every character, multiple times! I think that's funny because at the same Target store, they almost never restock their JLU figures. Their space where Grodd should go has been empty for a minimum of two weeks!!! I can't believe you poorly stocked that toy section is.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:04 pm 
Daniel Pickett

Yeah, I was at a Walmart in OK last night. No JLU, No DCU, No DCUC.... but there WERE Super Friends!

D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:51 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

JuliusMarx wrote:
Yeah, I was at a Walmart in OK last night. No JLU, No DCU, No DCUC.... but there WERE Super Friends!

Pre-school is bought by a different team... I've found it funny how almost every *other* department in the company will support DC/JLU when given the chance (school supplies / party supplies / bedding / apparel / electronics / grocery) even the educational toys and puzzles, but the action figure aisle?... Forget it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:06 pm 
serves the Otter

bnjmnrlyr wrote:

I saw those too--my boys both have the Shake N Go Speedway and about 7 cars...there's also a Superman Shake N Go, if you haven't seen that one...it's a cool design.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:07 pm 
serves the Otter

superfriend wrote:

I see everyone on a pretty regular basis--mostly at Target, but Wal-Mart and TRU too.

Can't wait for that Aqua-sub...I think my five year old will go nuts for it. He's been lovin the Classic Aquaman since we got the DVDs a few months ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:04 pm 
Santos L. Halper

It seems weird that this line has WAY more vehicles than they do ACTION FIGURES! That's a first...

What is taking Cyborg and Hawkman SO long to show up on shelves???

Side note: Wal Marts in Orlando that actually carry Superfriends have VERY few figs...they seem to sell well...

Can't wait to see what Toy Fair will unveil...

My guess:

Robin
Steel
Green Arrow
J'onn J'onzz