Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Two-Face (DCSH) and the other Bat Related figures
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:18 pm 
Mint on Card

Its been so tough to find Two-Face, Clayface, Catwoman and Cassandra Cain Batgirl.

i was at one of my local comic shops and he was selling Two-Face and Catwoman for 20 bucks a piece.

Normally he has a sale on mondays but i went it today and he gave me the discount so Two Face came out to be 17.00 dollars. I told my wife i haven't seen him in any stores and that it would probably be better than going on Ebay or driving around to find him.

What do you guys think, you think that 17 is a decent price?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:05 pm 
PVC

Are you looking to justify paying almost twice retail for a figure, or are you looking to confirm that you've made an unwise purchase?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:20 pm 
shirtless hugger

I'd pay $17 for a Two-face. I never found him atretail and he's at least $20 everywhere I look online. I'd say you hit a bargain (if you find another $17 Two-face, be sure to pick it up for me :wink: ).

If I had collected DCSH from the beginning, I could have a near complete collection. The only figures I never saw in stores are Supergirl II, Two-face, and Cyborg Superman. I know what you mean about figure rarity in the later waves. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:39 pm 
Mint on Card

Psychography wrote:
Are you looking to justify paying almost twice retail for a figure, or are you looking to confirm that you've made an unwise purchase?

I'm glad I got him since i NEVER saw him at Target or ToysRUs since its been released. I guess its one of those things where i've been lucky finding most figures like the JLU Mr. Miracle or Blue Devil or the Cyborg Superman. I guess i would rather have done this than see the prices on Ebay..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:28 pm 
PVC

Then why do you care if we thing $17 is a decent price?

It's your figure. If you think it's worth it, then don't worry about what others think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:36 pm 
shirtless hugger

Psychography wrote:
Then why do you care if we thing $17 is a decent price?

It's your figure. If you think it's worth it, then don't worry about what others think.

Maybe he just wants to know if he got a good deal? He's glad he got the figure, he just wanted to know if the price was reasonable. It's pretty cut and dry, unless I missed something. If he wants other opinions, hey, why not? A little input never hurt anyone.

*Waits for someone to point out when a little input did hurt someone.*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:09 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

Look at it as cost plus shipping. if someone here picked it up for you it would work out the same

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:46 pm 
Mint on Card

jimm wrote:
Look at it as cost plus shipping. if someone here picked it up for you it would work out the same

That's true. Thanks Jimm.

Maybe i phrased it wrong and i'm just curious for those that havent seen it in stores what they've paid for it 2nd hand...

whatever..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:43 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

$7 more than average, I'd say that's decent for Two-face or Cassie Batgirl. :)

I haven't seen any anywhere, not even at the shop though. Just Clayface and Catwoman. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:32 pm 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Cough cough, I had an extra cough cough Traded it to a fellow collector cough cough

That is what we have a swap meet forum for. There are so many kindly fellows (and gals I am sure) that are more than willing to trade or sell at retail (or damn near close to it) that eBay hardly seems like it is the be all and end all of HTF figure sales.

Take a quick stroll through the area and you might just find what you are looking for at the price you feel is right. I am so happy that I have started trading with fellow board members for some of my figures. It has really helped out a ton.

Just some food for thought.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:22 am 
Prototype

I've never seen Batgirl (Cassie) and Two Face in stores but I found Catwoman and Clayface last week at Toys R Us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:10 am 
ABS

17 is better than the 22-24 bucks I see it for online :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:28 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Not bad considering eBay plus shipping. Even a trade would have cost you about that much in merchandise and shipping.

I just paid $20 for Cassie (shipped) but I got her in a lot with Two-Face, Clayface and Catwoman ($80 total shipped). Since I needed her, a friend needed Harv and another needed Matt and Selina we essentially got them shipped for less than a single auction. Now I gotta get a clear Man-Bat and my DCSH is finished and I get to start making sure that my DCUC is complete and caught up...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:25 pm 
Hey! New GIRL! Get her!

Anything under $20 total seems like a decent price at this point. It's not like Mattel started pumping out Two-Faces once the summer was over. MAN was that wave short-lived!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:40 pm 
MINT!

dc girl wrote:
Anything under $20 total seems like a decent price at this point. It's not like Mattel started pumping out Two-Faces once the summer was over. MAN was that wave short-lived!

A few months ago, before Target and K-Mart started getting the cases in, and BBTS was even saying they weren't sure they would get their shipment, it was looking like they came and went at TRU. I was worried that I would miss out, so I went ahead and got one on the bay for about $24 shipped.

I didn't mind paying the extra few bucks for piece of mind, plus Harv is one of my favorite Bat Rogues.