Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: I want NEW Justice Lords!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:22 pm 
Santos L. Halper

Since Mattel SWEARS JLU is still alive and kicking...and their restrictions on characters is loosening up...I want NEW Justice Lorders!!!

How about:

Dark Arrow!...a sinister Green Arrow all painted in black?

Annataz!...an evil Zatanna in blood red top hat and tails with thigh high boots?

Aquaman!...a short haired Arthur with a costume reminiscent of his Orange and Green look?

Black Canary!...a golden age inspired Dinah with black mask!

You could do Red Tornado, Atom, Hawkman, Elongated Man and many others all witht he similar Justice Lorders motif of the "Double Stripe" and solid primary colors...

If we are going to see repaints of existing characters, at least make it fun Mattel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:57 pm 
shirtless hugger

I second this. I love the Justice Lords, and if a variant of a figure looks like a Lord, Mattel has my money on that figure. I also call for lobotomized Joker with clip-on drool. Everyone loves a lobotomized supervillain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:07 pm 
5" Scale

Although I would love these, I'd prefer that they'd finish up the list of characters from our polls :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:26 pm 
Knows his stuff

brand42 wrote:
Although I would love these, I'd prefer that they'd finish up the list of characters from our polls :wink:

I definitely agree with that!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:37 pm 
shirtless hugger

20silence wrote:
brand42 wrote:

I definitely agree with that!!!

Yes, but since we will inevitably see characters rereleased, Justice Lords styled costumes would be quality variants. Not every figure released will be new (I wish!).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:49 pm 
Damage Control

In the place of the usual neon colored repaints, I'd definitely love new versions of the lords. :) I'd also love for them to redo Superman, GL, and Batman and give us 5 point articulation versions. I despise the more articulated ones.

[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image
[/URL]

:P

Last edited by Veil1 on Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:15 pm 
shirtless hugger

Stop that! Every time I see your Justice Lords pictures I go nuts wishing we'd see those in figure form. Oh, and where, may I ask, is Doomsday in the Lords costume?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:26 pm 
Resin

Justice Lords: ASSEMBLE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:05 am 
Dog Squeezer

Here's some more Lords.

Look's like Veil and I had very similar ideas for the Lords Supergirl. I really like his Black Canary design though. Hey Veil, mind if I borrow it for a future custom? :) Also, I would have to second the thought that if we have to get repaints of previously released figures, I would like them to be Justice Lords versions. The Flash, Dr. Fate and Starman 3 pack would have been a great way to get me to buy it. But since I already have all those figures, I'll be passing on them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:15 am 
Prototype

Wow! Very nice customs, guys! I especially love the Joker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:26 am 
Resin

Thanks riddler2403.

Jesterboy yours are quite nice! I really like that Supergirl. In general it's a cool concept that Mattel could capitalize on with repaints. It would attract more collectors than weird green and red lines and other such nonsensical repaints, and moms and kids buy repaints no matter what.

Some day I'd like to try my hand at more JLord customs. It's a fun thing to do when Mattel comes out with a character I've already made. Maybe when I get an Ice figure I'll Jlord her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:04 pm 
Former King of Posts

while Veil1 does some awesome animated designs, this is an area I would rather they avoid.

I'm perfectly happy with reused bodies and new heads giving us new characters, but these 'imagined' characters are not on my radar at all.

Save the R&D, marketing, tooling and plastic for new characters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:40 pm 
Santos L. Halper

see how fun that is??? There is no way we are getting all brand new figs and this is such a fun way to weave older characters into the line....

Those customs are sooooo fun!

I keep seeing Zatanna witha blood red top hat with black band....red tuxedo with a black choker instead of a bow tie and thigh high red boots...sinister and sexy! Veil-hows about you do a mock up for us????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:36 pm 
shirtless hugger

superfriend wrote:
while Veil1 does some awesome animated designs, this is an area I would rather they avoid.

I'm perfectly happy with reused bodies and new heads giving us new characters, but these 'imagined' characters are not on my radar at all.

You do realize that a large number of Lords style characters would require no new tooling? It's no different than getting Superman with crappy red lines, it's just repainting existing mold. The difference is, this repaint scheme would be relevant to existing DCAU material, even if it is 'imagined' characters.

I love this idea for adding interest to rereleased characters, but Mattel should start with characters that have seen multiple releases already. Red Tornado, Booster Gold, Kyle Rayner, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:31 pm 
Damage Control

superfriend wrote:

I don't think these designs would take the slot away from a new character... more like take the slot of Neon, fractal, extreme, waffle gear Superman. I think this is a real pipedream for us, but it is cool to dream. I also would buy another Fate, Starman, Flash 3 pack if they were done like Justice Lords. I'll even help design them... for free. Really ToyGuru, think it over:) And Jester, feel free use Black canary. I also really prefer what you did with Supergirl's skirt as opposed to my solid white one. If I ever get to doing customs, these will be the first ones I do. Along with the Lords counter part: The Underground. Led by Oliver Queen, Vandal Savage, Ra's Al Ghul, Aquaman, and General Grodd. I've redesigned a bunch of villains and plan to use my extra figures that don't fit the lords criteria. If I could ever get the time to just do it.