Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Is it just me or do some online stores...
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:47 am 
Tis' but a pup

....get preferencial treatment from Mattel? I pre-ordered my DCUC wave on sets months ago from BBTS, and these figures still aren't available from them. CSC seems to have gotten them and shipped already.

I'm up in Canada, and seriously am doubting distribution via Mattel, that was the real reason behind the pre-order. I haven't properly seen a DC superheroes wave since Wave 2. Am I putting the cart before the horse here with my concerns?

How have other people's experiences been with BBTS?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:58 am 
Hat Pooper

Whenever I preorder a Mattel DC item from BBTS, I end up cancelled my preorder months later because I get sick of waiting for Mattel to get around to sending them stock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:48 pm 
MINT!

I ordered the Clayface wave from them, and I think they might have been late with that one too, but I love the service and shipping quality they provide, so I put up with it.

However, in DCUC's case, they're charging a little extra compared to other sites, but I didn't get around to pre-ordering with anyone else in time to meet the recent shipments (and I'm kicking myself for it). But with all these reports of people already finding them at TRU, Target, and even K-Mart, I think I'll hold off on ordering this wave and just try my hand at finding them in stores.

Wave 2 though I'll definitely be pre-ordering, most likely from CSC. I won't be able to wait with that wave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:12 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

They received the Clayface wave a week before CSC. I know this because I cancelled my order with BBTS when CSC said they would have them at the end of the week. And it turned out the day I cancelled my order with BBTS they started shipping them out that night. And CSC didn't receive them until the week after they thought. So this time I pre-ordered from BBTS and CSC gets them figrst. This has happened with me the last few times I've pre-ordered the Mattel lines where I keep ordering from the store who gets them second out of those two stores.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:30 am 
my tummy itches

PJ wrote:
They received the Clayface wave a week before CSC. I know this because I cancelled my order with BBTS when CSC said they would have them at the end of the week. And it turned out the day I cancelled my order with BBTS they started shipping them out that night. And CSC didn't receive them until the week after they thought.

I remember you talking about that. BBTS and ETC seemed to get that wave at the same time. This time, CSC got them first, then ETC. Wonder when BBTS will get them?

Post subject: Re: Is it just me or do some online stores...
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:41 am 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

chrisbernhard wrote:
How have other people's experiences been with BBTS?

Hey Chris, I hear ya. I'm a fellow Canuck that has been ordering DCSH from BBTS. I made the mistake of cancelling my BBTS order of the Catwoman/Two-Face wave due to impatience and buying off Ebay for twice the price. A week later, BBTS' order came in :oops: .

I suggest you don't do anything rash like cancelling your BBTS order and switching to another store. That will just put you back to the end of the ordering queue when orders are filled out and shipped. Give them until the 1st week of January as the other stores won't be receiving their second shipments from Mattel until then, too.