Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: SNAGGED! OR???
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:20 am 
Hey! New GIRL! Get her!

Merry Christmas, everybody!!!

Well, here's the story. My Dad was posting as KMZ for months and I would read along (I'm a 2nd generation DC fan). But then he started to get really worked up over this Mattel availability thing and started to argue with people and before he really had a chance to make nice, this one moderator (the one who showed the IP address above) started eliminating all his posts. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: I told him he was crazy to get in a fight with a moderator and he basically said, he was fed up arguing with people who "had nothing better to do" (his words) than fight with him over stuff he apologized for a long time ago.

But I like the AFI Mattel-All and I thought the whole thing was pretty silly. So I set up an ID of my own. He told me that because of the IP people would assume it was him, pretending to be someone else. But you what? I like this place and I love DCs figures and I;m gonna post once in a while.

So for those of you who had a problem with KMZ, KMZ is gone and DC girl is here. Chill. The bad days are over, DCUC wave One is hitting the stores and it's gonna be a great '08. And if everytime I post some people want to say "hey look KMZ is pretending to be a girl again," well, you go right ahead and do that. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:28 am 
Hey! New GIRL! Get her!

Oh hey THANKS GUYS for changing my "intro" to read "Hey! New girl." See? Everything's gonna be a-right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:38 am 
Crime Against Nature

I'm cool with that.

Welcome aboard!

J.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:40 am 
Knows his stuff

welcome

Post subject: Re: SNAGGED! OR???
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:48 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

dc girl wrote:

Well, here's the story. My Dad was posting as KMZ for months and I would read along (I'm a 2nd generation DC fan). But then he started to get really worked up over this Mattel availability thing and started to argue with people and before he really had a chance to make nice, this one moderator (the one who showed the IP address above) started eliminating all his posts. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: I told him he was crazy to get in a fight with a moderator and he basically said, he was fed up arguing with people who "had nothing better to do" (his words) than fight with him over stuff he apologized for a long time ago.

This has got to be the most unintentionally hysterical thing I've read on this forum since "For most of my adult life, I've been an action figure expert. Not because I say so, but because that's what the TV, radio, and print interviewers called me.".

Okay, "sweetie", if you wanna go on pretending to be your daughter, that's fine with me. It's a free country.

Mike
(But be sure and tell your "daddy" that no one here ever deleted his posts. Ever. It never happened. So you can at least drop the martyr act, 'kay?) :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:14 am 
Fugitive Dust

Man, That is just too funny :lol:

Post subject: Re: SNAGGED! OR???
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:22 am 
shirtless hugger

dc girl wrote:

But I like the AFI Mattel-All and I thought the whole thing was pretty silly. So I set up an ID of my own. He told me that because of the IP people would assume it was him, pretending to be someone else. But you what? I like this place and I love DCs figures and I;m gonna post once in a while.

So for those of you who had a problem with KMZ, KMZ is gone and DC girl is here. Chill. The bad days are over, DCUC wave One is hitting the stores and it's gonna be a great '08. And if everytime I post some people want to say "hey look KMZ is pretending to be a girl again," well, you go right ahead and do that. :roll:

Deception! But seriously, whatever. I've got no trouble believing this; I've got no issue with you, and if you contribute to the AFI community, neither should anyone else. If this is the return of the big bad KMZ, it hardly matters if we don't end up with posts like before.

Seriously, whether or not this is KMZ, why should it matter? If a member wants to contribute and isn't detracting from anything, why is it a problem? Live and let go, give a little. After all, it's Christmas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:26 pm 
Dog Squeezer

Dang.

Here I am just trying to get to the bottom of the green eyed red tornado thingy and I find all this mysterious father/daughter shenanigans.

Coolsville man.

Spy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:22 pm 
Unbreakable

Soooo... HAVE we figured out what the second variant for wave 1 is? Toy resets are coming up pretty quick it would be nice to know what to keep an eye out for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:30 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

>>Seriously, whether or not this is KMZ, why should it matter?<<

One person pretending to be two or more is kind of creepy. That's why I gave up on RTM and the DC online forums. There are way too many multiple personality disorders to keep track of on those boards.

That ain't happening here. If I find someone using multiple screennames and pretending to be two or more different people, he or she is going to have to explain his or her (Them?) selves. Particularly if it's someone we've had a problem with in the past.

Mike
(And with that, we're gonna lock this one up.)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2