Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:45 pm 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

No no, Capt. Atom and Question yes had starring roles, but they are Charleton characters and that's a different discussion altogether...

Many of the others were either on for like one episode of JLU or were just in the background alot. I mostly only watched JLU and didn't really pay much attention to the rest of the animated universe. I guess I'm just more of a comic fan and would like to see characters made for more than just the tv show. That's all...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:50 pm 
categorically opposed

jzachery wrote:
No no, Capt. Atom and Question yes had starring roles, but they are Charleton characters and that's a different discussion altogether...

Many of the others were either on for like one episode of JLU or were just in the background alot. I mostly only watched JLU and didn't really pay much attention to the rest of the animated universe. I guess I'm just more of a comic fan and would like to see characters made for more than just the tv show. That's all...

Okay, omitting Captain Atom and the Question:

Captain Marvel - appeared in "Clash" only due to licensing issues
Giganta - spoke in "Secret Society," "Ultimatum," "Alive!," and "Destroyer;" appeared in several others.
Cheetah - spoke in "Injustice For All;" appeared in several others.
Killer Frost - spoke in "Secret Society," "To Another Shore," "Alive!," and "Destroyer;" appeared in several others.
Kalibak - spoke in "Twilight," "Hereafter," and "The Ties That Bind."
Mongul - spoke in "War World" and "For The Man Who Has Everything."
Morgaine le Fey - spoke in "A Knight of Shadows" and "Kid Stuff."
Felix Faust - spoke in "Paradise Lost" and "The Balance."
Toyman - spoke in "Hereafter," "Alive!," and "Destroyer;" appeared in several others.
Vandal Savage - spoke in "The Savage Time," "Maid of Honor," and "Hereafter."
Deadman - spoke in "Dead Reckoning."
The Trickster - spoke in "Flash and Substance."
Captain Cold - spoke in "Flash and Substance."
Captain Boomerang - spoke in "Eclipsed," "Task Force X," and "Flash and Substance."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:42 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

jzachery wrote:
I like that they are not bound by the show anymore too, but some people on here still seem to think that the characters on the show, no matter how miniscule should be made before a more popular character that just didn't appear on the show. I don't understand this... It's like some people would prefer to have Tala or something that say Firestorm...
Yeah, it'd be great to see some more characters that were in the show, but I think we have almost all the main characters... We bascially need Giganta and Cheeteh... Why limit ourselves? Especially if Mattel is up for doing whoever we want?
Nah, everybody here misread my post. I think it's perfectly fine that Mattel will be making characters that appeared outside the shows as many people here want 'em. I'm just saying I don't and am listing the preferences I want. I have no problem with Mattel releasing those ones not on the show even ahead of my picks. I'm just saying that figures from the DCAU shows will have buying priority with me. I'd be perfectly happy if they put Firestorm in a three pack with another new DCAU character and I would buy him then to get the other character.

Who knows? Maybe the characters that weren't on the show will look neat anyways and I'll break down and buy them? I'm just happy so many of our wished for figures are possible now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:57 am 
Hat Pooper

jzachery wrote:

Even if a character was only spotlighted in one episode of JLU (Deadman, Captain Marvel), I'd much rather have him than a character than never appeared in the DCAU. This is the animated line, you know.

Sounds like you'd be a lot happier collecting DCUC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:50 am 
shirtless hugger

I'm in the "show-related characters first" boat. To list a ton of characters who have starring roles and should get priority:

Heroes:
Captain Atom
Question
B'wana Beast
Batman II
Bruce Wayne (future)
Warhawk
Static (future)
Captain Marvel
Bat Lash
El Diablo
Jonah Hex
Sheriff Ohiyesa Smith
STRIPES
Mr. Terrific
Deadman
Crimson Avenger
Speedy

And those are just the ones I really want! There are tons of others who had smaller roles and also merit figures; I haven't even started listing villains or female heroes either. We're a long way from scraping the bottom of the DCAU barrel. Comics? Who needs 'em? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:13 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Arrakhat wrote:
I'm in the "show-related characters first" boat. To list a ton of characters who have starring roles and should get priority:

Heroes:
Captain Atom
Question
B'wana Beast
Batman II
Bruce Wayne (future)
Warhawk
Static (future)
Captain Marvel
Bat Lash
El Diablo
Jonah Hex
Sheriff Ohiyesa Smith
STRIPES
Mr. Terrific
Deadman
Crimson Avenger
Speedy

And those are just the ones I really want! There are tons of others who had smaller roles and also merit figures; I haven't even started listing villains or female heroes either. We're a long way from scraping the bottom of the DCAU barrel. Comics? Who needs 'em? :P
I agree with you guys about the show related ones being the most important. I like your list but I'd probably swap out the young Jonah Hex in the Confederate uniform for the old Jonah Hex in the cowboy outfit from BTAS. I'm not that crazy about that uniform.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:47 pm 
shirtless hugger

Fone Bone wrote:
I agree with you guys about the show related ones being the most important. I like your list but I'd probably swap out the young Jonah Hex in the Confederate uniform for the old Jonah Hex in the cowboy outfit from BTAS. I'm not that crazy about that uniform.

The joy of the young Hex is that he can use parts from Vigilante. Either way, I'd enjoy getting both versions of Hex, I just wasn't listing character appearances outside of JL/JLU, so Jonah's BTAS appearance didn't crop up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:40 pm 
Hat Pooper

They should put one of the Hex's in a 3-pack, and release the other as a single.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:08 pm 
Damage Control

I personally want inshow characters first, but would definitely want characters from the comics as well. What I don't want is comic versions of characters that we have existing in the Animated universe. I'm also a little afraid of what the designers will come up with if the Animated crew isn't doing the character design work. BT made some design changes to a lot of characters that in many cases surpass the comic versions. I don't necessarily want just flat out retreads of comic characters done in animate toy form. I could probably guarantee that something that BT would come up with for Deathstroke in JLU would be better than his comic version (BTW I like his comic design, but the animators have to simplify for animation and DS could be cluttered animation wise).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:28 pm 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

I think the assortments will be a mix of show and non-show figures to try and appease casual fans and us nerdy collectors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:28 pm 
Fugitive Dust

I have to say:
Capt. Marvel
Cheetah
Giganta
Adult Supergirl
Mr. Terrific
The Question

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:16 am 
Brand Manager

Arrakhat wrote:

Heroes:
Captain Atom
Question
B'wana Beast
Batman II
Bruce Wayne (future)
Warhawk
Static (future)
Captain Marvel
Bat Lash
El Diablo
Jonah Hex
Sheriff Ohiyesa Smith
STRIPES
Mr. Terrific
Deadman
Crimson Avenger
Speedy

Totally agree! Before we start to get the JLU character who appeared in the JLU comic (just after that we should start with the rest of the DC comics universe characters IMO :wink: ) we should get all the most important (and cooler) characters from the show.

First of all IMO we should complete the JLU roll call:

Aquaman OK
    Atom OK
    Atom Smasher OK
    Aztek OK
    Batman OK
    Black Canary OK
    Blue Devil OK
    Booster Gold OK
    Bwana Beast
    Captain Atom
    Creeper
    Crimsom Avenger
    Crimsom Fox
    Dove OK
    Dr Fate OK
    Dr Light OK
    Dr Midnight
    Elongated Man OK
    Etrigan OK
    Fire OK
    Flash OK
    Green Arrow OK
    Green Lantern OK
    Gipsy
    Hawk OK
    Hawkgirl OK
    Hourman
    Huntress OK
    Ice OK
    Johnny Thunder
    Martian Manhunter OK
    Mr Terrific
    Nemesis OK
    Obsydian OK
    Orion OK
    Question
    Ray OK
    Red Tornado OK
    Rocket Red OK
    Sandy OK
    Shining Knight OK
    Stargirl OK
    Starman OK
    Steel (commander)
    Steel OK
    Stripes
    Supergirl OK
    Superman OK
    Thunderbolt
    Vibe
    Vigilante OK
    Vixen OK
    Waverider OK
    Wildcat OK
    Wonder Woman OK
    Zatanna OK

Well, there are just 15 characters left, they could all be in the february toyfare :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:11 pm 
Prototype

Magog wrote:

Well, there are just 15 characters left, they could all be in the february toyfare :wink:

Wouldn't that be awesome!? :D