Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:35 am 
Prototype

bizzaro wrote:
What if the news in Toyfare is ...."Stay tuned because at Comicon 2008 we will reveal the new JLU line.....be patient!"

I they say that I will LOSE it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:47 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

bizzaro wrote:
What if the news in Toyfare is ...."Stay tuned because at Comicon 2008 we will reveal the new JLU line.....be patient!"
I will be furious but unsurprised.

I have no problems with Mattel wanting to actually do more JLU characters before the line branches out but I hope they are willing to include characters from the other DC Animated shows with that idea. I have no desire for a Firestorm as he never appeared in canon but I sure as heck would buy a Zeta or a Mr. Mxyzptlk or even a properly colored Batgirl or any other figure from BTAS, TNBA, STAS or BB that was in the same scale as JLU.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:50 am 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

I'd love a Firestorm. I could not care less if he was in the cartoon or not, I think the line is at the point where it can just do anyone, and I like that. To limit yourself to the cartoon is... well, limiting. Sure I'd like to see those characters too, but I don't see why so many people are nailing themselves by only picking characters that were in the cartoon. I you really want to justify it... Firestrom was in the JLU comic, so were alot of other guest stars, so they should be able to be made then...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:58 am 
Cold-cast

firestorm will be a brutally simple repaint of waverider, so i entirely forsee mattel going for it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:22 am 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

They have said they are not bound by the show any longer. A good example of this was the Red Hood figure in the Grodd 6 pack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:47 am 

I like that they are not bound by the show anymore too, but some people on here still seem to think that the characters on the show, no matter how miniscule should be made before a more popular character that just didn't appear on the show. I don't understand this... It's like some people would prefer to have Tala or something that say Firestorm...
Yeah, it'd be great to see some more characters that were in the show, but I think we have almost all the main characters... We bascially need Giganta and Cheeteh... Why limit ourselves? Especially if Mattel is up for doing whoever we want?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:02 am 
Factory Worker

staying within the limits of the shows is not limiting at all since there are hundreds more characters that mattel could do

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:04 am 
Grickle Grass Grower

jonartdesigns wrote:
firestorm will be a brutally simple repaint of waverider, so i entirely forsee mattel going for it

I wouldnt be mad at this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:06 am 

It is kind of limiting in the sense of scratching the bottom of the barrel for characters like Blackhawk (who I do want), Creeper, and Crimson Fox, over Firestorm, Cyborg, and Black Lighting/Vulcan/whatever...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:10 am 
categorically opposed

jzachery wrote:
It is kind of limiting in the sense of scratching the bottom of the barrel for characters like Blackhawk (who I do want), Creeper, and Crimson Fox, over Firestorm, Cyborg, and Black Lighting/Vulcan/whatever...

As I've stated before, Mattel said in their most recent Q&A that they want to finish up some of the bigger names in the cartoon before branching out.

And I don't understand how you can refer to Tala as miniscule - she may be a nobody in the comics, but she was integral to the story in JLU. If they make her, she deserves it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:33 am 

Why can't they do both?

Who is left that is a prominent character in JLU that needs to be made? In other words, character actually had dialogue!
Aside from Tala and Terrific?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:12 pm 
categorically opposed

jzachery wrote:
Why can't they do both?

Who is left that is a prominent character in JLU that needs to be made? In other words, character actually had dialogue!
Aside from Tala and Terrific?

Captain Atom, the Question, Captain Marvel, Giganta, Cheetah, Killer Frost, Kalibak, Mongul, Morgaine le Fey, Mordred, Felix Faust, Toyman, Vandal Savage, Deadman, the Trickster, Captain Cold.

Not necessarily who I want to see made, but they had speaking roles, many on more than one occasion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:19 pm 

Ok, I'll give you Giganta and Cheetah, the others I wouldn't exactly call starring roles... And the Charleton characters have issues...

I'm not trying to miff anyone, but want to understand where you are coming from on this...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:30 pm 
Factory Worker

jzachery wrote:
Ok, I'll give you Giganta and Cheetah, the others I wouldn't exactly call starring roles... And the Charleton characters have issues...

I'm not trying to miff anyone, but want to understand where you are coming from on this...

U must not have watched many episodes, cuz all the ones he mentioned had prominent roles on JL/U and some had huge roles in the DCAU over all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:32 pm 
categorically opposed

jzachery wrote:

If you "wouldn't exactly call" the roles that (at least) Captain Atom and the Question played "starring," there may be no point in further discussing this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next