Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: New Target Resets
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:07 pm 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

I rad on another forum (not sure which one) that the new Target reset has 3 pegs for JLU 3 packs and 8 pegs for JLU single packs. That definitely is good news for JLU but 8 pegs for single packs would kind of signal that the line may be heading more in that direction, because that is quite a bit of space.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:47 pm 
5" Scale

Was there any mention of the 10" figures?

8 pegs is an awful lot of space. Star Wars has 8 pegs for basic figures at Target, if you want a frame of reference.

I hated it when Target decreased the 3 packs peg to just 1 during the middle of this year so 3 will be most welcome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:48 pm 
shirtless hugger

I want to know if the 6-pack still has a space on the shelves. (So I know if I need to scramble to find a Grodd set.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:22 am 
5" Scale

how may pegs for the classic stuff?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:39 am 
Damage Control

Saw some disturbing trends at two Targets today. I don't know whether these were part of any resets or just "Let's flood the aisles with whatevers left before Christmas." At one, half of one side of the action figure aisle was replaced with oversized RC cars. At another Target, at least a third of one side was over flowing with Pokemon, on the pegs and the shelves. These Pokemon were not there yesterday. I haven't seen so much Pokemon in ten years. I thought it was on the way out. In both cases, that's a lot of real estate that takes away from other lines.

C.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:57 am 
An Insider

Pokemon Schmokemon!

-R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:07 am 
Collector Inspector

Casimir wrote:
Saw some disturbing trends at two Targets today. I don't know whether these were part of any resets or just "Let's flood the aisles with whatevers left before Christmas." At one, half of one side of the action figure aisle was replaced with oversized RC cars. At another Target, at least a third of one side was over flowing with Pokemon, on the pegs and the shelves. These Pokemon were not there yesterday. I haven't seen so much Pokemon in ten years. I thought it was on the way out. In both cases, that's a lot of real estate that takes away from other lines.

C.

I'm thinking that they had so little merchandise left they filled the isles with what was in the back so it didn't look barren.

One of the Wal-Marts I frequent had one of the emptiest toy sections I have ever seen. Which is good for business I gather...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:00 am 
5" Scale

Casimir wrote:

C.

My local Target had a similar scenario. The entire action figure aisle was replaced by "Kool Toys" and what was left of action figures took up a half of the diecast car aisle. They're probably just flexing out product for the holidays.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:35 pm 
shirtless hugger

Well, my Target has marked the JLU 6-pack for clearance, meaning if they don't get Grodd in a post-Christmas clearance shipment, I'm SOL. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:50 pm 
Fugitive Dust

What was the clearance price?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:00 pm 
my tummy itches

Roadhouse wrote:
What was the clearance price?

I'm seeing 30% off currently, so $13 and some change.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:42 pm 
Prototype

Checked my Target again. They had three of the orange Doomsday packs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:34 pm 
5" Scale

Ham Salad wrote:
Well, my Target has marked the JLU 6-pack for clearance, meaning if they don't get Grodd in a post-Christmas clearance shipment, I'm SOL. :(

Did we ever find out what the DCPI was supposed to be for the Grodd set? The fact that they weren't in the system leads me to wonder if stores put them out early and they were supposed to have another number and be part of the next reset.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:41 pm 
Santos L. Halper

All those additional JLU pegs may be "holding spaces" for the Dark Knight line as well...just a thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:08 pm 
serves the Otter

brand42 wrote:
Casimir wrote:

C.

My local Target had a similar scenario. The entire action figure aisle was replaced by "Kool Toys" and what was left of action figures took up a half of the diecast car aisle. They're probably just flexing out product for the holidays.

Mine was the same. I'm not too worried. It's an After-Christmas DISASTER!