Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:53 pm 
Dog Squeezer

Stopped at several Targets today. Saw Grodd's on clearance for $13+ at one target, not to be found at others. All the Pirate stuff was moved to clearance, which bummed me out because I'm looking for those nifty animated-style Pirate figures.

Did see more of th DCUC trickling in.

C.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:36 pm 
Prototype

Still haven't seen a Grodd pack yet. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:38 pm 
Hat Pooper

riddler2403 wrote:

hey me either! I'm tellin ya, we have the worst luck on this forum!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:41 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

riddler2403 wrote:

I think you may be out of luck as every MD target I stopped at had them out before christmas-- Frederick, Ellicot City, Waldorf, LaPlata, Gaithersburg,GLen Burnie.

Since I assume they are on the same distribution warehouse as yours--- unless they are in the back they were already put out--

Guess If I come across some this week -- Its Target Clearance time-- the best time of the year---- Ill grab some extras.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:41 am 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

It's dumb that the Grodd set is being clearanced. My local Target had none of them, but their little JLU metal figs and the DCSH figs were both clearanced, but the regular JLU figs(single and three packs) were not.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:16 am 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

I think they are putting them on clearance because they just want to put Lave Doomsday on clearance... I think it's just included as a technicality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:07 am 
Cold-cast

jzachery wrote:
I think they are putting them on clearance because they just want to put Lave Doomsday on clearance... I think it's just included as a technicality.

The problem is actually due to Target's inventory system. In their system, Grodd=Lava Doomsday=regular Doomsday as they all share the 087-06-0612(?) DCPI.

For some reason Target refuses to give it's exclusives(with the exception of the original DD set)exclusive DCPIs. When they had the Orion, Bizarro, Canary packs, they shared the same 087-06-1141 DCPI as the non-exclusive 3 packs.

The lack of exclusive JLU DCPIs is even more baffling when you realize that other Target exclusives have their own DCPI. Examples include the Star Wars Ultimate battlepacks, or even the Limited Edition TOny Hawk 360 game.

It's just odd...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:09 am 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

makes it great for the scalpers to get a brand new figure on sale and then turn around and sell it on ebay for 80$ :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:12 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

manthing wrote:
jzachery wrote:

The problem is actually due to Target's inventory system. In their system, Grodd=Lava Doomsday=regular Doomsday as they all share the 087-06-0612(?) DCPI.

For some reason Target refuses to give it's exclusives(with the exception of the original DD set)exclusive DCPIs. When they had the Orion, Bizarro, Canary packs, they shared the same 087-06-1141 DCPI as the non-exclusive 3 packs.

The lack of exclusive JLU DCPIs is even more baffling when you realize that other Target exclusives have their own DCPI. Examples include the Star Wars Ultimate battlepacks, or even the Limited Edition TOny Hawk 360 game.

It's just odd...

Had a Target employee put that 087-06-0612 DCPI into their scanner and it came up as a "Mask of Fury" for $14.99. So that wasn't it! :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:24 pm 
shirtless hugger

I believe it is 087-06-0619.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:37 pm 
Cold-cast

darkknight30 wrote:
manthing wrote:

Had a Target employee put that 087-06-0612 DCPI into their scanner and it came up as a "Mask of Fury" for $14.99. So that wasn't it! :?

Umm, I hope you didn't go out of your way to use that DCPI, since I wasn't sure it was the right one. That's why the (?) was there :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:33 pm 
my tummy itches

Been hitting the Targets looking for the clearance items for those who have asked for help. I can't believe just how destroyed the Targets are in VA (I've had to drive from end to end of the state due to the distance between my in-laws vs where my parents live). I've hit a lot of Targets along the way and compared to what I have experienced in past years for after Christmas sales, the Targets are really wiped out this time around. One Target I went to today (in VA Beach, VA on Princess Anne Rd) had so few figures, I had to ask an employee for help to even find the figure aisle. She told me they had sold out completely of superhero figures and Star Wars. Only GI Joe they had were the Cobra packs down to $17.xx each. But absolutely no ML, JLU, Batman, Transformers, SW singles, etc. Only Wrestling figures, the generic army figures, and Pokemon remained. Even the glut of Spiderman 3 figures were gone - I was really surprised by that. I plan on to keep looking, I've had four people ask for help with Grodd sets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:43 pm 
5" Scale

I was at three Targets today, and all three were complete wastelands (well, not complete...did find 4 out of 5 of the animated Pirates figures at one.)

No sign of Grodd anywhere, or DCUC, but then again no sign of Marvel Legends, Transformers, G.I. Joe, and even the normally robust Star Wars sections were pretty cleaned out.

Tons of Pokemon, though.

I fear I may have to ebay Grodd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:52 pm 
Prototype

My Target hardly has any DC stuff on the pegs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:16 am 
Santos L. Halper

most of the Targets here in Orlando really peeled through a ton of JLU product which is a really good thing. I only found Grodd twice in the time its been out, but i would assume that more are on the way even with the current clearance situation...remember, Doomsday made a return appearance after he was clearances, so i am sure Grodd will too!

I am also pleasantly surprised by the Target reset...DC product is starting to really make a stronger impact with all the peg space!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next