Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:53 am 
Tis' but a pup

I was at a Target yesterday that completed the new "reset" of the action figure aisle. The aisle was pretty much empty but I could see that this Target had 4 pegs for JLU singles @ 4.99, 3 pegs for "JLU Story Packs" @9.99 ( I am assuming these are the three packs), 3 Pegs for DC Super friends, @ 7.99, 3 pegs for DC Universe @ 9.99 and then another 3 pegs for The Batman. As far as shelf space I only saw shelf space for a Super friends Batmobile and another smaller super friends "action item".
I did not see a shelf tag or home for a Justice League Six Pack. BOOOOO!
I am happy to see Target (unlike WallMart) will carry the JLU!
GOOD HUNTING!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:21 am 
categorically opposed

Went to Target last night, and they had definitely begun their reset.

All DC figures were on the opposite side of the aisle that they used to be. They must have received a new shipment of the JLU three-packs, as they had the Joker packs, as well as Aquaman and Dr. Light (Seriously, Mattel? Haven't these been distributed well enough already?).

They had three pegs for DCSH (which is DCUC), and they had a lone Batman on the peg - someone must've grabbed a whole set before I got there. No worries - Enchanted Toy Chest came through for me on Thursday. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:20 pm 
5" Scale

Darth Mufassssa wrote:
I was at a Target yesterday that completed the new "reset" of the action figure aisle. The aisle was pretty much empty but I could see that this Target had 4 pegs for JLU singles @ 4.99, 3 pegs for "JLU Story Packs" @9.99 ( I am assuming these are the three packs), 3 Pegs for DC Super friends, @ 7.99, 3 pegs for DC Universe @ 9.99 and then another 3 pegs for The Batman. As far as shelf space I only saw shelf space for a Super friends Batmobile and another smaller super friends "action item".
I did not see a shelf tag or home for a Justice League Six Pack. BOOOOO!
I am happy to see Target (unlike WallMart) will carry the JLU!
GOOD HUNTING!!

I was at a Target today that nearly completed their reset and saw the same plano/pegs arrangement. "Story Packs" are indeed the 3 packs as they haven't changed the tags since the blue carded days when the 3 packs really were episode oriented.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:26 pm 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

The Target near me in Toledo is reset and it has 3 3pack pegs and 4 single pack pegs. Obviously the line will be continuing...yeah..no more Bats or Supes please....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:22 pm 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

i've been to 3 of the 6 Targets in my area and they are all at vastly different stages of resetting the store. The store closest to me and one about 10 min away are still running on the 2007 layout with no current effort to even start resetting yet. Most aisles are mid-empty (pessimistic view) or worse.

The Henrietta Target is a Cluster-F(*)ck of a mess. They literally dumped EVERYTHING they had into 3 toy aisles to make room for the resets starting with ... the far end of the group (generally been Fisher Price/Little Tykes/Toddler toys, etc. in the past)

I guess I can stop the daily roundup for the next week or two while waiting for the resets to go into effect. (although with my luck those store will put out like 52 cases of all Mattel's products and I will miss it all...)

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:43 am 
Hat Pooper

I went to the Target in Waldorf, MD and picked up the Mr. Miricle 3-pack. Their reset starts tonight with the night crew.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:39 am 
Ferret Farmer

Decided to visit Target this morning. They had finished they're reset so no piles of toys anywhere. I missed out on Miracle cause I saw Humanite there and no sign of Grodd. I would've punched in the code on the scanner but I couldn't for the life of me remember it.

And right next to JLU was an entire DCUC wave. I looked over each figure, 4H did a great job on these guys. So I picked up Oswald since I like the Bats characters, can't wait till Harley comes out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:39 am 
Hat Pooper

Casimir wrote:
All the Pirate stuff was moved to clearance, which bummed me out because I'm looking for those nifty animated-style Pirate figures.

Did see more of th DCUC trickling in.

C.

Don't lose heart. I saw the animated-style Pirates figure at a Target in VA on Rt1 South near DC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:19 am 
my tummy itches

nquick wrote:
Casimir wrote:
All the Pirate stuff was moved to clearance, which bummed me out because I'm looking for those nifty animated-style Pirate figures.

Did see more of th DCUC trickling in.

C.

Don't lose heart. I saw the animated-style Pirates figure at a Target in VA on Rt1 South near DC.

Hey, someone else from the general NOVA area. Hi! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:50 am 
Hat Pooper

My target had boxes of mattel and hasbro everywhere. Although I think they had already stocked the action figure aisle because it looked pretty neat but all they had for JLU was a bunch of Joker 3 packs and a Martian Manhunter pack. I noticed they left no room for the 6 packs either. But they didn't have any TB figures or DCSH/DCU

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:53 pm 
Collector Inspector

My target is starting to reset.
They have the noted spaces reserved for everything but THE BATMAN.
This scares me. Especially since, for atleast the time being, Walmart will only be selling Super Friends.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:06 pm 
5" Scale

I stopped by a Target after work and found some remnant packs. I have a feeling I missed out on something good as there were 2 of Bats/Supes/J'onn, JLords Hawkgirl, JLords Trinity, Trinity, Canary/Joker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:12 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Brand
We must have gone to the same Targets in LA! I saw pretty much the same thingl

One of the stores I went to this morning in the OC had a Grodd on clearance and hanging right above it a was a Fire/ICE/GL three pack! EUREKA!!

I went to another OC Target and found an Original Doomsday pack on clearance and they had a bunch of Purple singles Orion, Vigilante, Blue Devil and 1 Mirror Master. I picked up te miror Master but left the others so someone can hopefully fill some gaps in their collection.

Happy New year and Good Hunting

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:15 pm 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Went into a local Target tonight after work and they had fully switched out the toy sections.

A couple of new lines of figures now have homes on the pegs (mostly some imported anime stuff, nothing I recognized) and they had a TON of new 25th anniversary GI Joe comic packs.

Saw 4 pegs for JLU singles, 4 pegs for JLU "story packs", 3 pegs for The Batman, 3 pegs for DCUC (labeled as DC 6" figures) and 3 pegs for DC SuperFriends. Unfortunately ALL OF THE PEGS WERE EMPTY. On the shelf beneath them were a handful of Joker 3packs, a small assortment of JLU singles (supes, lex, batman, steel) and a Superfriends Supes (why they weren't actually on the pegs is a mystery to me ...)

Plan on going back first thing in the AM as my son is off from school until the 7th so I am outta work until then as well.

I'll post more when I score a find (and a buy!)

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:41 pm 
Hat Pooper

yeah, my target had 3 shelves for The Batman but they had nothing but 2 random The Batman exp figures, they had every DCUC figure, but I only got Red Tornado and Etrigan. DCSF had 1 Flash a few Superman's and a few Batman's. JLU had 3 pegs for the JLU 3 packs, but all they had were a bunch of Etrigan and Joker 3 packs . And for JLU singles, they had about 6 Superman's. Still doesn't seem like Mattel is getting the distribution right for JLU. Oh and they put no space for a 6 pack, wonder what that means..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next