Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Disturbing Trend on THE BATMAN figures
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:01 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Went to walmart today and found all their THE BATMAN figures on clearance for $3.
This would not be that surprising, but it was the newest wave with GL and Hawkman was what was on sale.
As far as I know, these have only been on the shelves for two days and they are already clearanced to go. Makes me wonder if walmart is going to keep carrying the line.
Got Hawkman today but only because he was so cheap. Haven't decided If Im gonna open him or not. Also couldn't tell if this was the same shipment I got my GL from or not monday. Wanna hope its not but It very well could have been since the GL was not there.

Also kinda makes me mad to because I bought GL at regular price monday, and if I had waited I could have gotten him half price. But more than likely they wouldn't have had him today if I hadn't of gotten him then

It just weird that they have the current wave already on moveout sale after only being released for 2 days.
Also target had the last wave with the silver Gearhead on sale for $5.

DrGreenEvil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:21 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

About "The Batman" line I have only one question:

where´s Harley and Black mask? :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:31 pm 
Kool Moe Dee

It's Mattel and their not changing product codes that causes this. Walmart wants to clear out the old stuff but the new stuff is marked the same so it gets marked down as well.

So you lucked into a $3 Hawkman.

VC9k

Post subject: Re: Disturbing Trend on THE BATMAN figures
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:58 am 
my tummy itches

Yeah, that threw me too. Still, I was happy to pick up my GL and Hawk for $3 each.

It may be that we are seeing a complete purge of all Mattel DC toys at Wallys beyond the JLU and DC 6 inchers (except Super Friends figs it seems). Which, as we all know, is the harbinger of death for many toy lines.

Should be interesting to see how they (Wallys) handle the Batman Dark Knight movie tie-in figures.

DrGreenEvil wrote:
Went to walmart today and found all their THE BATMAN figures on clearance for $3.
This would not be that surprising, but it was the newest wave with GL and Hawkman was what was on sale.
As far as I know, these have only been on the shelves for two days and they are already clearanced to go. Makes me wonder if walmart is going to keep carrying the line.
Got Hawkman today but only because he was so cheap. Haven't decided If Im gonna open him or not. Also couldn't tell if this was the same shipment I got my GL from or not monday. Wanna hope its not but It very well could have been since the GL was not there.

Also kinda makes me mad to because I bought GL at regular price monday, and if I had waited I could have gotten him half price. But more than likely they wouldn't have had him today if I hadn't of gotten him then

It just weird that they have the current wave already on moveout sale after only being released for 2 days.
Also target had the last wave with the silver Gearhead on sale for $5.

DrGreenEvil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:46 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

My Walmart(Miami) doesn't carry DC toys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:47 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

What I'm really hoping for is that Walmart treats the upcoming Batman movie exactly like they did with the last Spiderman movie.

That the action figure aisle will become 50% Batman and that they will sell large numbers of anything even remotely Batman related. Like they did with Spiderman 3.
And I kinda have a hard time believing that walmart is gonna stop selling THE BATMAN toys. The cartoon is still going, and my walmart seems to eventually sell out of everything Batman.
I'm kinda thinking vancleef9000 is right and that the waves just had the same codes and thats how they all got lumped together.

Why are walmarts so iffy with DC toys. My north WM sells THE BATMAN and Super Friends. But my south one sells nothing DC related. Its crazy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:34 pm 
Prototype

Batman305 wrote:

Neither of my local Wal-Marts have carried DC toys for a long time which is why I haven't checked out their toy section in a while.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:11 pm 
Factory Worker

riddler2403 wrote:
Batman305 wrote:

Neither of my local Wal-Marts have carried DC toys for a long time which is why I haven't checked out their toy section in a while.

same here, i'll check again since there's reports of hawkman and gl being there though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:15 pm 
Knows his stuff

Checked my WM tonight, the only DC toys they had was the kiddie stuff, Super Friends (?) I think? Nothing I'm interested in, at any rate. I should be able to check at least one more WM tomorrow, and hopefully a Target as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:30 am 
Knows his stuff

My local WM doesn't carry anything DC either...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:30 am 
Grickle Grass Grower

Well, even though BBTS is now processing my order for the DCUC series 1 I went out today looking for them and the "The Batman" Hawkman & aniother Green Lantern. I hit 2 targets and a TRU without any luck for the DCUC. Not even at my local TRU's distribution center yet. I also hit a Wal-Mart & 2 Walgreens looking for the GL and Hawkman figures and I just missed them at Wal-Mart as they had a whole case minus the 2. So I asked the employee who was in the dept. if there was more and he said no and showed me the empty case he had just broken apart. Turns out he had just put them out 5 minutes earlier. Anwway I did find the new Ultra 7" "The Batman" Figures (Minus Bane) at that store as well. So I picked up the best looking Batman's from that series- Battle Fist Batman (Basic) and Areoscope Batman. Here's a few Pics -

Battle Fist Batman

With the basic lines Robin -

with Teen Titans Robin -

Areoscope Batman-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:13 am 
active in the community

I knew you'd pick that basic Ultra Batman up! I saw it at WM the other day, the paint apps were wonky and his Bat logo was kinda off center as well as his belt. Is the belt movable to be recentered? How much are these figures at WM? And is the price the same at TRU? I ask because I have a TRU gift card that I have yet to use, and I figure I'd pick up this basic posable Ultra Batman when I see him at TRU. Can't wait for the Bane in this line!

Thanks for the pics PJ! You're always good for pics and I love how you got that background for them all. It's the PJ signature. :)

TheNewbie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:18 am 
Daniel Pickett

I saw a full case of these last night at a Walmart. Bane was not in the case.

In seeing PJ's pics I like how he looks with the standard Robin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:22 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

So I guess Bane's not out yet. That's good to know. Yes, I pretty much bought him, because I wanted to have a Bats that I could display the basic Robin with.

TheNewbie wrote:
I knew you'd pick that basic Ultra Batman up! I saw it at WM the other day, the paint apps were wonky and his Bat logo was kinda off center as well as his belt. Is the belt movable to be recentered? How much are these figures at WM? And is the price the same at TRU? I ask because I have a TRU gift card that I have yet to use, and I figure I'd pick up this basic posable Ultra Batman when I see him at TRU. Can't wait for the Bane in this line!

Thanks for the pics PJ! You're always good for pics and I love how you got that background for them all. It's the PJ signature. :)

TheNewbie

Thanks...Glad you like the pics. The belt is a clip on like the Bruce to Batman in both the "The Batman" and the DCSH lines.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:17 pm 
my tummy itches

When there has been talk of Mattel improving case packouts, did this include The Batman? I'm guessing they didn't mention that line as the packout is still not all that great. Only one of GL and Hawkman in the case seems lousy to me.