Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:52 pm 
Kool Moe Dee

Considering about 95% of playsets and vehicles end up going on clearance I'd be surprised to see any of that stuff for JLU.

I've already seen the Superfriends Batmobile reduced and that just came out.

VC9k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:28 pm 
Collector Inspector

Dingleberry wrote:
cowmuf wrote:
Green Lantern's round construct he created to transport team members through space.

I always thought a "deluxe" GL pack that included a mess of translucent green constructs like the hand that comes with the recent GL single would be great - a shield, a platform, weapons, snap-on armor, handcuffs, a big half bubble (so completists would have to buy two to make the full bubble), etc. They could then repack them yellow with Sinestro, pink with Star Sapphire, black with Shade, swirly colors for magic users, etc. I'd buy a ton of those.

That's actually a great idea! Also I would think Viglante's bike would be a no brainer. They made one for Batman, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, & The Flash? Never understood the Flash bike. He needs a Flash van!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:38 pm 
requestor of thick tufts of chest hair

In addition to those mentioned:

Batcave
GCPD Building w/Batsignal
Daily Planet
Fortress of solitude
Oa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:07 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

Personally if this is still to remain the budget line-- sorry for all you that want this stuff- I hope they dont waste shelf space and R&D money on any playsets.

Everyone always says they are awesome and that they need to be done--- but I never see anyone buy anything-- Zizzle's Black Pearl-- everyone always uses that as an example as how playsets for a toyline should be done-- yet Ive never seen anyone buy one-- and when they go on clearance they just sit till the very end--- That is the main reason you never see many playsets they just dont sell... I mean look at the recent batcave set-which is huge-- they had it marked down to 12.00 at KB Toys and they still took 6 months to get rid of the 10 they had by me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:53 pm 
Brand Manager

stewbacca wrote:
Personally if this is still to remain the budget line-- sorry for all you that want this stuff- I hope they dont waste shelf space and R&D money on any playsets.

Everyone always says they are awesome and that they need to be done--- but I never see anyone buy anything-- Zizzle's Black Pearl-- everyone always uses that as an example as how playsets for a toyline should be done-- yet Ive never seen anyone buy one-- and when they go on clearance they just sit till the very end--- That is the main reason you never see many playsets they just dont sell... I mean look at the recent batcave set-which is huge-- they had it marked down to 12.00 at KB Toys and they still took 6 months to get rid of the 10 they had by me.

Unfortunatelly you have a point. I've bought the Batcave and Watchtower, but I know they stay in the shelves for a looonng time. Here in Brazil the Javelins sold very well anyway.

The truth is, if Mattel release the new Javelin I would buy some of them in a heartbeat :wink: