Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:09 am 
shirtless hugger

Ghost6 wrote:
Someone at DC was clearly off his rocker to assume anyone wanted that lame-o Weaponer of Qward figure! What a piece of junk! Who ever even requested him???

I am also on board with as many New God characters as possible! Would love to see DCUC eclipse Super Powers...let's see Granny, Barda, Kanto, Metron etc!!! Love them all.

I just want to see Desaad, Kalibak, Steppenwolf, Parademons, and Mantis. If memory serves, those are the Super Powers characters Mattel has yet to cover. From the 4th world, I mean. There's still the other SP characters like Cyborg, Martian Manhunter, and Tyr that need to be in the DCUC line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:41 am 
Knows his stuff

Casimir wrote:
SDcomics wrote:
>>I wonder how wide the demand is for such things. I know some folks do this with big diaramas of Snow troopers or some such things, but I think most collectors only go for 'one of each'.<<

It's interesting. I talked to DC Direct about this at SDCC this year. They said that their OMACs and Weaponers of Qward figures didn't sell any better than anything else they've done.

Mike
(I wonder how Hasbro's doing with the HML wave 3 Hydra agent.)

At $15 a pop, who can an afford an army of OMACS or Qwards?

C.

thats a good point. its much easier to get figures at 10 bucks each than 15. especially when the one for 10 has better articulation, and accessories (though i gotta admit, OMACs extra hands kicked ass)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:50 am 
An Insider

I've seen the quardians for around $7.00 a piece at KayBee toys recently. Cas, that's in the Dallas area by the way. I know the outlet store in Terrel had one for sure and you might want to check Grapevine mills as well. Good luck.

-R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:24 am 
Damage Control

I"m not an "army" builder per say, but I do like a few multiples of non descript/ faceless goons here and there. I've got 4 Hydra goons and that's it. I'd get at least 4 Parademons (6 if you coun't two more for my son). I've got a budget to stick to, but do like a few multiples here and there when funds allow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:13 pm 
active in the community

Casimir wrote:
SDcomics wrote:
>>I wonder how wide the demand is for such things. I know some folks do this with big diaramas of Snow troopers or some such things, but I think most collectors only go for 'one of each'.<<

It's interesting. I talked to DC Direct about this at SDCC this year. They said that their OMACs and Weaponers of Qward figures didn't sell any better than anything else they've done.

Mike

C.

well I have 50 OMACS and when they first came out I only paid 10.00 ea. from CSC, he gave me a slight deal, lol and for a start, I would intially get 25 Parademons, I love army builders if they make tactical sense and the OMACS did, I will buy more eventually

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:58 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Ghost6 wrote:
Someone at DC was clearly off his rocker to assume anyone wanted that lame-o Weaponer of Qward figure! What a piece of junk! Who ever even requested him???

Actually, I thought that figure was pretty cool. The Weaponers played a big role in the Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Quote:
I am also on board with as many New God characters as possible! Would love to see DCUC eclipse Super Powers...let's see Granny, Barda, Kanto, Metron etc!!! Love them all.

Even ... The Forever People?

Mike
(Because 70's hippie characters RULE!) :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:10 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I'm all for Parademons, I wouldn't buy more than 3 though. If they did variants (Have one with screaming face, one with pike instead of gun, etc) that would be the motivation for me to buy multiples. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:33 pm 
5" Scale

darkknight41 wrote:
Casimir wrote:
SDcomics wrote:

Mike

C.

well I have 50 OMACS and when they first came out I only paid 10.00 ea. from CSC, he gave me a slight deal, lol and for a start, I would intially get 25 Parademons, I love army builders if they make tactical sense and the OMACS did, I will buy more eventually

I would love to see the pics of that!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:35 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I just remembered something though, what about Parademon from Secret Six?? :P Sure, he got fried and died but that would be a cool stand-alone figure and do Darkseid minion parademons as a 50/50 case variant! :wink:

Or even better put him in an entire 6 pack with the Secret Six which would be awesome but'll prolly never happen. :oops: