Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: MEGA BLOKS HALO/HALO WARS....
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:44 am 
I walked into Target the other day and saw the ship that I never thought would get made unless you had mad skillz in brickbuilding...the UNSC PELICAN...from HALO. In all its coolness, its scale is pretty great from what I could see on youtube.com They even have the SHORTSWORD-a delta-ish wing shaped bomber. While its nowhere near as cool as the SW legos, I think these are in a class by themselves. Gods help us all if they do a BSG line--classic or new---I dont even want to ponder the pounding my wallet would take. Anyways, the line is looking better and better and If anyone has picked this up or can post pics, it would be appreciated. Im torn but I know I want the Pelican more. Im from down South and we have a thing about all things iconic to the South, at least I do. Plus I grew up on Marine bases all over. I can barely download the youtube reviews but they definately look pretty cool.

Post subject: Re: MEGA BLOKS HALO/HALO WARS....
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:47 am 
Okay, broke down and bought the Shortsword, delta shaped B-2 looking bomber aircraft. It's actually kind of cool. Its as big as the picture on the box. The directions are okay, at times its a bit confusing when i did the first wing. All in all, Mega Bloks has improved but some of the pieces still pop and you really have to press into them. The stickers are pretty cool. For 40$ i think you get a decent sized solid HALO vehicle. i has expecting it to be smaller, but its about 12 inchs long and a wider wing span. The landing gear just pop off they dont fold. i would think a ladder would have made this perfect,but all in all Im pretty happy with it. Its gunmetal grey with some marbeling but overall, its pretty cool. There are extra yellow blocks that could be used as support equipment. Im very determined to get the USNC Pelican, Im sure its worth it. The shortsword has a vacu-formed cockpit that looks just like the game art. There is a LongSword bomber that looks just as wicked--dont know if that will be made, but Im looking forward to the PELICAN...when I can find it.