Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: If MEGA BLOKS could have any license, what would you want?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:59 am 
If you could have a MEGA BLOKs version or even LEGO version of any license, what would you want to see? I picked up some HALO sets and Im very impressed. Its not the same quality as lego but you can use Lego with them and they are more affordable. So what would you want to see, no rules, just pick a line and tell us what you would want to see. For me, #1-----BATTLESTAR GALACTICA/TV VERSION with VIPERs mark II and VII, STEALTH VIPER, RAPTORs, Cylon fighters and also a mini-ships of the fleet ---GALACTICA, COLONIAL ONE, Colonial Movers, Prison Ship, Rising Star, Ring Ship, etc ALSO 1.A-CLASSIC BSG-VIPER, CYLON ship, Big boxy shuttle with ramp for landram--classic BSG ultimate, tv bsg GALACTICA ultimate, tv bsg PEGASUS, tv bsg VALKYRIE-with limited edition stealth viper #2-STARGATE SG-1/ATLANTIS--stargate earth fighter, stargate, puddle jumper. #3--GI JOE--at this scale, you could do anything. SKY STRIKER, SKY HAWK, USS FLAGG.---break it up so you can buy individual sections to make the FLAGG Island structure, Terrordrome, keep thinking. #4 BUCK ROGERS---the thunderfighter, pirate starfighter/draconian. ED land rover. MEGA BLOKS is restrained by the STAR WARS License and there are plenty of other licenses to use. PLANET OF THE APES, 20,000 LEAGUES UTS, THE LAST STARFIGHTER.

Post subject: Re: If MEGA BLOKS could have any license, what would you wan
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:09 am 
Unbreakable

Dungeons and Dragons.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:45 pm 
You mean like LOTR with orcs and incredible creatures of Fantasy? I would buy that. Someone on Hisstank.com just made a great dio, I really loved it when the minimates came out, I prefer the 3 inch scale, but 2 inch works well too. The LEGO Vikings and other medieval lines mesh well together, esp at the small scale they are in to begin with. Mega Bloks offers better articulation and sculpts on the smaller figures, but the catch is, you cant really change them around too much.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:24 am 
Unbreakable

Kinda like Lord of the Rings but I want it based specifically on the ideas and themes of the Dungeons and Dragons role-playing game.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:20 am 
Anything in particular, I never played that much DnD.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:46 am 
Daniel Pickett

Yeah. I'd totally be on board with some BSG construction kits.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:08 pm 
I know MB is no where near the quality or price of Lego, but at least they have balls to try something and really put forth a decent effort. Im really impressed with the small to medium to large sets as well as army builders. I dont know how far they will go with HALO sets but I wouldnt mind seeing mini ships like what Lego did. Keeping the sets affordable is kinda key nowadays and the figures are way better than Lego figures.

I can definately see MB doing BSG if they could get the license and most of the HALO pieces would definately fit in well. I keep hoping they will do a MK II and VII and have cool pilot pieces. In the interim Im doing okay with Minimates, but the stubby look is definately not cool.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:42 am 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Lego Justice League animated like what this customizer did: Image
http://www.baronsat.net/Pages18/Page-Javelin-7.htm
as for Mega Bloks I just want them to go back to making these: http://www.amazon.com/Mega-Bloks-Dragon ... B000067PFQ with all the detail they put into them before, but make the plastic and connecting quality like their Halo line, ( I loved that Draogns line the first 2 waves only they could make such a cool video game or DTV using those charactes IMO)

D.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:01 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Megablocks have stepped up their game a lot in the past five years or so. Some of their Halo sets have really tempted me (mainly for use in my custom Lego creations).

I would love a Marvel Universe license, if only because Lego would shy away from some of the more violent corners of it.

Trade Rating +55 and counting