Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lego Super Heroes!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:45 pm 
Wonderdog

I've never seen Lego sets fly off the shelves like these have. My TRU stores had the Batman, Joker and GL Bionicles, as well as the Luthor, Catwoman, etc. sets -- full shelves of all of them on Dec. 23rd. All completely gone now. If I hadn't spotted them when I did, I would never have known that they had come to town at all. The Bionicle figures are a little odd, but God forbid I should ever pass on anything GL-related! :oops: And the set with Luthor just rocks. Can't wait for the rest of these to show up.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:06 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Tom2814 wrote:
I've never seen Lego sets fly off the shelves like these have. My TRU stores had the Batman, Joker and GL Bionicles, as well as the Luthor, Catwoman, etc. sets -- full shelves of all of them on Dec. 23rd. All completely gone now. If I hadn't spotted them when I did, I would never have known that they had come to town at all. The Bionicle figures are a little odd, but God forbid I should ever pass on anything GL-related! :oops: And the set with Luthor just rocks. Can't wait for the rest of these to show up.

My TRU got them around the 13th or 15th, (I can't remember for sure.) But it was the same Scenario, they were all gone within like 2 days or less, and TRU hasn't gotten anymore in.

D.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:23 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

FYI everyone ...

Target has added the Lego Super Hero sets in to its mix with the current post-holiday resets.

Even better, they are heavily discounted over TRU.
Bought the Batcave last night at $69.99 v. the $89.99 TRU has it listed at. Catwoman was a $9.99 set and all of the other tags (but sadly no product) was significantly less than TRU (and even Lego's own shop) pricing.

Spent most of last night building the Batcave with my son before bed. Its got some nice features, a good mix of characters, and some good options for variant display modes.

Plus the Minifigures all sport 2 faces on each head brick (one closed mouth, one open mouthed) for some variation there as well.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:22 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

Well the catwoman is 11.99 at all my Targets so you are getting lucky there.. Looks like they are slowly showing up- at they are at 2 of the targets Ive been in -- but the rest havent reset yet..

I saw the batcave-as well- (with one of those stupid giant sensor tags that take the register people 10 minutes to get off)( got something new for the pet peeve thread 8) )....- but I think Ill just get the minis off ebay for the 2 villians- since the rest are available in the other sets...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:43 pm 
Daniel Pickett

Nice! I've been waiting to see if these will show up at Targets and have been looking around for them but none of the stores I was hitting had reset yet. Looks like I might have to have a look after work today.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:12 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

Okay, for those in the know...

Just how different are the new Harley and Bane minifigs when compared to the previous Batman Lego releases? And...

The new Joker minifig comes in two different sets. Is he the same in both?

I can't tell, as I don't own them and I cannot find clear definitive pics anywhere.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:49 pm 
Damage Control

Howard the Duck wrote:

Just how different are the new Harley and Bane minifigs when compared to the previous Batman Lego releases? And...

I can't tell, as I don't own them and I cannot find clear definitive pics anywhere.

Check this site http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Heroes

Clicking on the individual figures will give you pics of both the new and old versions.
I also think that Joker is the same in both of the new sets... That is why I got just the funhouse one. More minifigures in that one, and I believe the exact same price as the batplane/helicopter one. I've been picking these up at the Lego store near me.... I'm going to be able to get the catwoman set almost for free with my rewards points.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:01 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

While there's a certain charm to the mini-figs, I can't help but wonder how the heroes might translate into the new LEGO Friends style. I wonder how long it will be before they apply licensed properties to that styling...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:05 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Howard the Duck wrote:

Someone posted side by side comparisons here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/eric_mania ... otostream/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:59 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I finally got the Lex/Supes/Wondy set at Target last night!

Very pleased with it and the robot suit was suprisingly well done.

I saw the Catwoman, Batwing, and Two-face sets as well, but I passed for now. I'm not huge into the various Bat characters. The Batcave might be worth it though.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:25 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Howard the Duck wrote:

I had posted this earlier-- but bear in mind this is just comparing the pictures in the guide with the figures I already own.

Plus I did some comparison-- Robin of course is all new (Tim Drake)-- Riddler is new with the Bowler, Poision Ivy has new hair and new green highlights, two face is all new colors (was black and white before) , Bane has a new paint job on the face, catwoman has new detailed deco-- like zippers and the blue eyes, harley has new deco (collar before was rounded (and I think she had white gloves), Joker has redone deco (undershirt and flower) and I think new hair, Batman looks the same however-- it looks like they used a different head (as his mouth may be longer)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:30 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Jim_Abell wrote:
While there's a certain charm to the mini-figs, I can't help but wonder how the heroes might translate into the new LEGO Friends style. I wonder how long it will be before they apply licensed properties to that styling...

I hope never-- there was no reason even to go to that new figure style-- plus if they did they would then have to upscale all the vehicles in the like--- Its fine to have a "girls" line-- but there was no reason to change up the figures-- especially with the recent increased level of detail, hair and accessories...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:19 pm 
Daniel Pickett

Swung by my Target last night and they had done the reset. They had the Catwoman set and the bionicle things. I grabbed the Catwoman set. It was $11.99

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:30 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

Thanks for the info on minifig comparisons, guys! Checking out the one link, I realized that I have none of the 2008 Batman sets! But I think I was only going for new characters and not neat vehicles at the time. Oh well. The Tumbler would be really cool to own.

Good score, Julius! I'm waiting on the local Target to fill in the shelf blanks on the new sets. The Lex/Supes/Wonder Woman set will be mine :)

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:03 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

I just dont get why they keep pushing that Bionicle or Larger Mini Fig scale to their licensed properties-- they just dont sell..

It failed with Toy Story, It Failed with Cars, It failed with Ben 10... Pretty sure it will fail with DC heroes to-- since all the other sets keep disappearing within 2 days on the shelves-- why those just sit there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next