Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lego Super Heroes!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:16 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

My son and Nephew (9 and 11 respectively) LOVE the bionicle style figures.

They can't get enough of them.

My son already asked me why we haven't bought the DC ones yet.

I agree, they don't have much appeal to adult collectors, but the kids do seem to like them.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:16 am 
picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

My wife didn't give me a crazy look after I told her I wanted to get the batcate for 69.99. Haven't picked it up yet but plan it. It's different from the 1st release and i'll use it as a bit of an expansion to the original batcave. Robin is different too in the all red uniform.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:10 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

I need advice.

I want to collect the DC mini-figs (and Marvel, and I'm tempted to collect some Star Wars), but I don't care about all the other pieces. What is the best and cheapest way to get them? Should I just buy the box sets and sell off everything else? Should I just troll ebay for the mini-figs? Which method will save me the most money? What say you lego masters? Should I just walk backwards slowly and then turn and run in the opposite direction?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:26 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

Got my Power Armor Lex VS Superman and Wonder Woman Lego set! I let my daughter build the WW and Supes minifigs. She refused to build Lex, 'cause he is bad :D

At some point, I have to save up for the Batcave set and the Funhouse set. The other sets I can live without...for now. After that, I hope other DCU characters and sets will be along soon. But from the looks of the upcoming Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes game descriptions, we won't see anyone outside of Gotham City except for Lex, Supes, and WW.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:53 pm 
ABS

Missed out on most of the original Batman sets, so I am thankful for this second chance.

Bought the Catwoman bike, the Lexbot and the Batcave.

Great figures, and sets, with a lot of playability and display options.

Hope the license stays long enough that we get some serious third and fourth stringers and some amazing sets!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:21 pm 
Former King of Posts

Green Lantern. Sorry I hadn't seen this thread, but I got a GL Lego fig as a giveaway at NYCC in October. Its clearly Hal.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:30 pm 
Damage Control

xrmc20 wrote:
I need advice.

I want to collect the DC mini-figs (and Marvel, and I'm tempted to collect some Star Wars), but I don't care about all the other pieces. What is the best and cheapest way to get them? Should I just buy the box sets and sell off everything else? Should I just troll ebay for the mini-figs? Which method will save me the most money? What say you lego masters? Should I just walk backwards slowly and then turn and run in the opposite direction?

They can be pretty spendy on their own. The site I buy loose lego stuff from is usually a pretty good deal, but even WW runs $9.00 loose. Superman, Two face and Joker were $14 bucks each. If you aren't into the legos themselves, I would back away slowly. I'm not sure how much you'd get for the sets minus the figures. Unless you parted out individual bricks, and that would be a pain in the rear.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:15 pm 
ABS

superfriend wrote:
Green Lantern. Sorry I hadn't seen this thread, but I got a GL Lego fig as a giveaway at NYCC in October. Its clearly Hal.

Movie GL, actually.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:19 pm 

xrmc20 wrote:
I need advice.

You have to weigh the cost of a set VS the number of unique/new/personally wanted minifigs in a set. Also, you never know until it's too late which sets Lego decides to slow or stop production on.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:17 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
I want all of the sets out right now, but I have no moneez at the moment. Truthfully building Lego sets is so fun, yet extremely relaxing, if I am stressed, building sets (especially bigger ones) Centers my Chi. I used to do that using the Indiana Jones sets that were out a few years ago (man I wish Lego still had the rights to do more of those,) or maybe a new Adventurers themed set, anyways back on topic. Does anyone else think the minifig Superman's hair and head look weird (he has a huge Forehead IMO) Also I want a Justice League set, Hawkgirl, GL, Flash, MM, Aquaman... ;)

D.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:56 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

Veil1 wrote:
xrmc20 wrote:
I need advice.I want to collect the DC mini-figs (and Marvel, and I'm tempted to collect some Star Wars), but I don't care about all the other pieces. What is the best and cheapest way to get them? Should I just buy the box sets and sell off everything else? Should I just troll ebay for the mini-figs? Which method will save me the most money? What say you lego masters? Should I just walk backwards slowly and then turn and run in the opposite direction?

They can be pretty spendy on their own. The site I buy loose lego stuff from is usually a pretty good deal, but even WW runs $9.00 loose. Superman, Two face and Joker were $14 bucks each. If you aren't into the legos themselves, I would back away slowly. I'm not sure how much you'd get for the sets minus the figures. Unless you parted out individual bricks, and that would be a pain in the rear.

Also there is just some weirdness- it used to be that the expensive minifigures were the ones in the large expensive sets-- and then recently some of the smaller set figures jumped up in price--Ive sold a couple on ebay for almost what the whole set went for-- really your best option is just research-- recently a lot of last years lego sets are going for less than 50% of their store price-- and then others go double-- its just difficult to say anymore which is the best strategy-- as I have employed both--making money back sometimes- losing it at others..Its really turned into a crapshoot...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:33 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

Thanks for the feedback guys. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:23 pm 

Thanks to the craptastic efforts of a certain shipping company, my Funhouse Escape Lego set is being sent back to TRU. Seems it was damaged in transit. What the hell? Made it as close as one state away before it was damaged.

I just hope that my order remains when all is said and done, and that it's replacement will be shipped out in due course.

How does one damage a Lego set anyway? The only thing I can think of is a catastrophic box destruction incident where all the bricks scattered to the four winds. It's not as if I need the box intact. As long as all the pieces are there and I have the instructions, I would be good to go. Oh well.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:42 am 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

Picked up the Funhouse set today. What a great deal at $44.99 for five figures.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:47 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

We got the Batcave for the kiddo for his birthday next month! If anyone wants, I'll post pictures when we have it assembled!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next