Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lego Super Heroes!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:41 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

Funhouse escape set-- now available on Lego.com

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:30 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

So far, I've got:

Lex vs. Superman/Wonder Woman
The Batcave
Batman vs. Catwoman

I'm probably in for the Funhouse once I see it on the shelves. Not really a big fan of Lego vehicles (more of a playset guy), so I'm passing on the Batwing and Batmobile.

And, of course, the Bionicles.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:54 am 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

I can't wait to rebuild my old Batcave set and set it up next to the new Batcave set. Now that's a Batcave!

Yeah, I'm only buying the Batcave, the Funhouse, and the Lex/Supes/WW sets so far. The other sets are pretty much rereleases. Can't wait for Toy Fair to see if we're getting anything else from the DCU in Lego form.

And I'm totally skipping the Bionicles too.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:17 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Walmart has these in stock with the new resets.

Looks like every retailer is on board with ample stock and shelf space. Hopefully that means we'll be seeing new merchandise and some sort of cross promotion when the game gets released this summer ...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:43 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Saw the funhouse set at TRU -- however couldnt make myself pay the 15% premium (or more)-- to get it there-- hopefully more stores will get this set...Its still early on-- and rarely is there a lego set you cant ever find..

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:38 pm 

stewbacca wrote:
Saw the funhouse set at TRU -- however couldnt make myself pay the 15% premium (or more)-- to get it there-- hopefully more stores will get this set...Its still early on-- and rarely is there a lego set you cant ever find..

What is the actual retail price for this set? I believed it to be $39.99. TRU's website had it for $44.99. $45 is the most I'd be willing to pay, minus shipping if need be.

I think the Funhouse Escape set is semi-exclusive to TRU. It's shared between TRU and the Lego Retail Store. I think.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:44 am 

$39.99 is the price listed on Lego.com (where it is currently in stock).

TRU ALWAYS ups the price on anything they sell in comparison to all other retailers.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:02 am 

edited due to being in the wrong thread.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:59 am 
Daniel Pickett

Ended up a a swap meet on Saturday and while looking at all the junk, came across one of the original BATMAN Lego sets the one with Mr. Freeze and Batman. I had never picked up any of those sets, but it was $6. So I grabbed it!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:30 pm 
Damage Control

JuliusMarx wrote:
Ended up a a swap meet on Saturday and while looking at all the junk, came across one of the original BATMAN Lego sets the one with Mr. Freeze and Batman. I had never picked up any of those sets, but it was $6. So I grabbed it!

That's awesome. I really hope they redo Mr. Freeze this year.

Hey Dan, has your daughter seen the Friends lego sets? My daughter went absolutely nuts for them. It think those sets comprise her birthday and Christmas lists for the next 2 years :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:11 pm 
Damage Control

Hey all, a question about the new Two face set for those who have put it together. Did you guys have a ton of extra pieces in your batmobile pieces (more than the usual extras)? I had a ton of unique pieces as well as duplicates. I also had to orange ramp pieces. Any idea what these are for? I didn't see them in the instructions. Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:28 am 

JuliusMarx wrote:

Hwha...? Wow, lucky find, Julius!

Ah, Lego Friends. That is my daughter's new favorite.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:15 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Anyone have the Joker Funhouse set or the Harry Potter Hogwart's Express (the train) set still in their local store? I missed both of those for the g/f and would like to acquire them.

Peace,

Chip

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:50 pm 

marillion wrote:
Anyone have the Joker Funhouse set or the Harry Potter Hogwart's Express (the train) set still in their local store? I missed both of those for the g/f and would like to acquire them.

Peace,

Chip

My wife tried to snag the Funhouse at the Lego Store in King of Prussia, PA. They told her that it sold out two months prior, without any restocks. What the hell? I thought it was supposed to be available there? There and TRU.

Oh, sorry for the mini rant, marillion. Sad to say, I haven't seen the Hogwarts Express in quite some time. And thus far, I have come up empty at TRU for the Funhouse.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:20 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I've seen the funhouse at my TRU, but I refuse to pay the markup for it. Legos are expensive enough as it is. Hopefully they'll have it at my Lego store where it should be a little cheaper.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next