Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: What minifigs do you want?...
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:32 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Was just wondering what sorts of figures you guys would like to see in the blind-bags.

I'm guessing we'll see a Pugsly-esque boy to go with the spooky girl, a player 2 to go with player 1 and a prince to go with the princess. The cards with the jester make me want a set of "face card" minifigs. The minifig trophies/awards that the earlier sets had, I'd like to see those made in bright primary colors and included with an "action figure collector". There have been at least guitarists (and a saxophone and bagpipe), where's the keyboards and drums? Maybe a country musician instead of just rock ones or a blues guitarist.

What about a set with more pieces included or bigfigs?

Post subject: Re: What minifigs do you want?...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:55 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I'd like to see more figs that use non-standard parts.

Mermaids, Genies, Minotaurs, Aliens, etc.

Give me a wave of Mythological and I'd be happy.

I love your idea for an "Action Figure Collector". You could start that one yourself if you ever got any of the Lego Board games, they had a whole slew of those Micro-scaled figures.

I'd love to see something along the lines of "Breakfast Club" made in Lego fashion as well. Followed up a few waves later with maybe a "Saved by the Bell" inspired figures.

More Circus performers might be nice as well.

Another Lucha (or even "american" ) wrestler would be nice so the first can have someone proper to fight.

... and honestly, I would LOVE to get an entire wave of "Classic" figure re-releases. Give me a nice Spaceman, the original "Boy" and "Girl" smily heads, some "farmer" overalls, a vintage police, fireman, construction worker, etc. and I'd be a very nostalgically happy man.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:14 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Ben, they're not blind bags (and no spaceman), but these sets might make your day...

LEGO Education Community Minifigures Set 4598355 (256 Pieces)

LEGO Education Fairytale and Historic Minifigures Set 4598356 (227 Pieces, 22 Different Figures)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:40 am 

Yeah, I've got those. I like 'em. But I'd like more.... :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:34 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I'd like a fleshtone wave. Something that could be used with the sublines like superheroes, pirates of the caribbean, Indiana jones, Star Wars, hobbit, prince of Persia, Harry potter, etc. The couple of henchmen, guards and the single upcoming citizen in peril from the grodd set are really the only minifigs that aren't capes in the entire history of lego batman/dc/marvel.

As far as individual characters goes, I'd like to see a housewife, like slippers, robe, hair in curlers, a hobo, a raja or something, a Greek philosopher, a renaissance painter, a guy in a bear suit, a crocodile wrangler, and an outdoorsman. I want some camo legs.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:37 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Oh, and a snake charmer and an idiotic sports fan with body paint and a silly hat and a foam lego hand.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:27 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

A slight detour to the question (but I'll bring it back around at the end), in the history of Lego figs are Abraham Lincoln, William Shakespeare and Steven Spielberg the only real people (outside of the NBA players, of course)?

...and bringing it back around I would think we'll see Michelangelo (and his statue) if the movie gets another blind bag series.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:42 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

That would be dope. I'd like to see another movie wave. I didn't know about Steven Spielberg, but I have a custom Stan lee figure from popunkmunkey in his apron from the lego marvel movie. It's weird to see Steven Spielberg's name alongside Shakespeare and Lincoln.

Oh, also, why isn't there a farmer yet?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:15 am 
Loose, Missing Package

shishalzafrazz wrote:
That would be dope. I'd like to see another movie wave. I didn't know about Steven Spielberg, but I have a custom Stan lee figure from popunkmunkey in his apron from the lego marvel movie. It's weird to see Steven Spielberg's name alongside Shakespeare and Lincoln.

There was a movie themed kid-director line several years back that Spielberg kind-of sponsored (for lack of a better term right now) and I'm pretty sure that there was a minifig of him in the largest set. If I remember right those were the first sets to include the classic movie monster archetypes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:25 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Interesting. I'm also surprised there's not a sushi chef guy yet.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:44 am 
4" scale

I'd like to see more figures representing different countries (Thai dancer, Dutch milkmaid, Canadian mountie, etc)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:28 am 

Yeah, a "world tour" minifig set would be awesome

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:29 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Seconded. The world of lego is small, after all.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:42 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Seems like a big bad wolf figure is obvious, since there's a red riding hood fig. Fairy tales & fables are a theme they haven't touched on much. How much are they allowed to use specific characters in public domain? Rrh wasn't called that, I don't think. Could they make a Pinocchio? And speaking of puppets, I think a ventriloquist and dummy would be cool. Maybe a guy in a tux with his mouth upticked and a torso with a wooden head as his accessory? I also think a ghostbusters wave would be awesome. If they can do it with the Simpsons, which has just one set, I'd say you could do it for ghostbusters. Especially if you tapped gb2 also.

1 gozer
2 Dana
3 Louis
4 slimer
5 library ghost
6 Vigo
7 subway ghost
8, 9, 10 lab coat peter ray & Egon
11 plain clothes Winston
12 Janine
13 Walter peck
14 janosh
15 Dana as Zulu
16 Louis as vinz Clortho

Boom. Ghostbusters wave. If the subway ghost is too much tooling, you could replace that and janosh with the scoleri bros., although for the ghosts you could just deco the torso and head and use a translucent genie bottom to give them the floating effect. Honestly, I'd love to see a rooftop battle scene. That way they could add the terror dogs. I know it won't happen, but that would be rad.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:09 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I bet I could customize a gozer. Flattop, angry female face, blue mermaid torso from potc whitecap bay set and then just flesh colored legs. I bet there's not a flesh colored hip piece, though.