Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Lego Ideas/CuuSoo
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:40 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I know there are other threads for specific sets and "calls to action" for voting, but I thought it might be helpful to have one central thread for general announcements and developments in this new line.

So, here's the official word from Lego itself as to the next Ideas release and upcoming "in review" projects:

Thoughts?

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Post subject: Re: Lego Ideas/CuuSoo
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:16 am 
Loose, Missing Package

That new batch under consideration... the bird project and the Apple store do nothing for me, but the others...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:25 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

I guess people (or the same people) keep pushing for Back to the Future sets-- I really don't get that fandom.. To each their own..

Also people keep pushing that Dr. Who stuff-- doesn't another company already own the license for building sets and figures for that property-- It seems like those would never get done..

BBT might be interesting-- but I don't see a set coming that small a scale with 7 minifigures..

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:29 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

The bird is cool but I'm just not seeing it. If the Apple Store weren't modular I don't think it would have gotten approval at all. I'd probably get it, but I won't be sad if it doesn't get approved.

The BTTF train is okay and would be a neat follow up to the Delorean. And who doesn't love trains? Honestly, I'm not a huge BTTF fan but the fact it's a train is where I'm even remotely interested.

The Big Bang Theory would have to be one of the coolest sets they've done. I hope beyond hope they make it. But I agree - I don't see a set that size getting seven figures, and it'd be a shame if we didn't get all the cast. I can sadly see them doing it with just four - the guys.

Honestly I don't see how they don't make SOME type of Doctor Who set at this point. Fastest ever to 10000? TWICE? Huge fan base? Seems like a no-brainer to me.

And Stewbacca, the other company lost the license. That's why they lifted the embargo. The minute they did, WHAM. Not one but TWO sets hit 10000.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:33 am 

the "ban" on Dr Who was lifted this year which is why we are going to be seeing so many requests for product.

The building sets previously released were from Character Builders who also had Scooby Doo until recently and almost none of their product makes it out of Europe unless you shop at an import store (at least locally that is the case).

I agree that the Bird and BTTF sets just don't seem interesting to me. Neither does the BBT set, but I'm only a passing fan of the show at best.

I wouldn't mind the modular Apple Store, if only to beef up the modular city sets even though the style doesn't even remotely go with any of those sets.

All in all, I feel like this is the weakest set of offerings to date. Some of the sets previously under consideration (Macross, Zelda, etc.) are of much more interest to me.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:58 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Doctor Strange and the Sanctum Sanctorum

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:58 am 

That is super impressive. But again, I fear it is just too big of a set to be produced under this banner.

SUPER impressive though.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:23 am 

Yeah it's like the X-Mansion. That thing was FANTASTIC, but I just don't see how it will ever get made. Although if Lego were smart, they'd break that thing up into pieces that could be assembled later.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:42 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

On the main page it says that lego ideas 007 is an exo suit, and the description says it comes with "TWO VERY special MINIFIGURES". Am I missing something? Should I know who these minifigs are? Also, does every cuusso/ideas set come in a fancy box with a fancy booklet? I only have ecto1 so I have no other frame of reference.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:18 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

shishalzafrazz wrote:
On the main page it says that lego ideas 007 is an exo suit, and the description says it comes with "TWO VERY special MINIFIGURES". Am I missing something? Should I know who these minifigs are? Also, does every cuusso/ideas set come in a fancy box with a fancy booklet? I only have ecto1 so I have no other frame of reference.

They're classic Lego Space minifigures done in green for the very first time. One is female and one is male. They have the newer style space helmets...the ones with a more pronounced chinstrap.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:13 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

Cool, thanks! I was gonna say they look a lot like the level 1 master builder academy figs.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:28 am 

The Goonies pirate ship hit 10000 over the weekend. ;)