It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: NYTF Exclusive Lego Iron Man and Captain America
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:52 pm 
PVC

Have you guys seen these yet?

http://images.wikia.com/legosuperheroes ... ricaNY.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/legosuperheroes ... IronNY.jpg

I'd love to have the Iron Man in particular as I can't stand the giant helmet regular version. Unfortunatly the cheapest I have found these is for $400 together. An auction just ended yesterday on ebay for $605.

Oh well.

Post subject: Re: NYTF Exclusive Lego Iron Man and Captain America
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:42 am 
Daniel Pickett

We got a set of them at Toy Fair. They were supposed to give a set to each person that attended their press event because we all had numbered credentials with a little lego plate to attach them to, but at the last minute they changed it to one per outlet.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:46 am 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

You are quite lucky to have received a set of these. The ebay prices are absolutely ridiculous for the pair. I've contacted Lego regarding these two mini figures, and they pretty much told me that there are no plans to ever make them available anywhere else. What was given out at Toy Fair is it. And that both Iron Man and Captain America are in the retail sets :( As if they're the same thing!

Very shortsighted if you ask me. Limited mini figures? Fine. Hard-to-find minis? Fine. But these two are so awesome, how could Lego not think that the demand would be there for them? The Iron Man is perfect, as his head piece has the helmet painted on. The Cap is cool, as it's the Bucky version of the character.

It's probably the single worst decision since Playmate's Star Trek Tapestry Picard. And that's saying something.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:07 am 
PVC

The cynical side of me has to wonder if the last minute change to one pack per outlet was just some employees deciding to get jiggy with the swag. A small cardboard box with like $20,000 dollars worth of minifigures in it has got to be tempting, right?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:52 am 
Tis' but a pup

I think we'll see the Bucky Cap in a set. I doubt they ever release the IM or movie GL though.