Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Stickers?
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:01 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

SO, who here uses the stickers sheets on their legos when building a bigger box set like the batcave?

I think about using them, but then I think that when I take the model apart and use the bricks for another build they will have that sticker on them that won't be appropriate for the build.

Not sure which to go with them.

Also, do they leave any residue behind after they peel off given time? Do they peel off over time?

thoughts?

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Post subject: Re: Stickers?
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:28 am 
Tis' but a pup

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
SO, who here uses the stickers sheets on their legos when building a bigger box set like the batcave?

I think about using them, but then I think that when I take the model apart and use the bricks for another build they will have that sticker on them that won't be appropriate for the build.

Not sure which to go with them.

Also, do they leave any residue behind after they peel off given time? Do they peel off over time?

thoughts?

every hero set ive got i have put the stickers on them because i know i want to keep those sets together as collectibles. but any city sets ive left the stickers off of because i know those will come apart one day when me and my sons lego city project gets started. i guess it depends on what you bout the set for. if you bought the batcave knowing who might take it apart one day, then i don't think you should put the stickers on. also i havent tried taking any off so i wouldnt know if it left any marks after. but im pretty sure if you apply a sticker then take it off some time later and decide to put it back on, it will probably peel off quicker then the first time you applied it. hope this helps man

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:34 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

The stickers are generally a pain to get off and usually won't stick back on easily (i.e. they aren't reusable).

I rarely do custom builds of sets with lots of stickers, as I buy lots of basic sets for that purpose. When I built the Batcave, it's gonna stay the Batcave.

Then again, I don't have kiddos messing with my sets.

Of course, with some stickers, you just turn the piece around so the sticker is hidden on the inside of whatever it is you're building.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:52 pm 
PVC

To my mind applying stickers or not is a judgement call. If I definitly like the build I apply the stickers. They tend to add a lot to the build. If I knw I'm not satisfied with the original build (I buy a lot of sets when on heavy discount) then I save them for something better.

As far as re-applying stickers, I recently bought a lot where all the stickers where clearly applied by the child playing with the toys, and was suprised to find that mostly I could remove the stickers and they still stuck just fine.