Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Ben 10 Alien Force Figure
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:18 pm 
Wonderdog

Does anyone have any info on upcoming figures? I was reading somewhere that they plan on making a Gwen in regular clothes, but the only one I have found was "Anodite Gwen" in her alien form.

Webslinger

Post subject: Re: Ben 10 Alien Force Figure
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:25 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

::sighs::
I suppose I'm the resident Ben 10 expert? That's quite sad considering how far I think the series has fallen... and other things I'd rather not mention (I used to run a site documenting Ben 10 merchandise). T_T

Anyway to hopefully answer your question, Gwen has already been made in her regular clothes ( As well as Grandpa Max) in the Alien Force line. Unfortunately these two figures are not shipping to the USA, and as far as I know are not scheduled for release here anytime soon. If you really want her, you may have to import.

Here in the states they treat Ben 10 like garbage, they threw the original series out for Alien Force (AF merch overseas is just starting to pick up on all platforms), and now they're throwing out AF for the new "Ultimate Alien" series, in which they've practically redesigned all of the Original Alien Force Aliens (Humungousaur, Spidermonkey, ect...)
If you really care about Ben 10, please move to the UK. If your already there, then congrats, I'm jealous. :wink:

If you have any more Ben 10 questions please don't hesitate to ask. However I'm somewhat falling out of the loop due to the fact that I can't stand the writing on Alien Force, nor the direction the show has taken. The old show was fun, whereas this new stuff I just find insulting to children's intelligence, thus I refuse to buy any more of the merch. :(

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:37 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

I follow this line and the cartoon series (once it hits the DVD format). And it's true AgentSpectre of what you said, the Ben 10 Alien Force series has taken another direction. The original kid Ben Tennyson, Gwen and Grandpa Max were much more fun and entertaining (especially when Ben and Gwen are on to each other :lol: ). Though I have not liked it the same way before, I am still following the series and the 4 inch toy line.

I already got Anodite Gwen, the new Upchuck, "ripped muscles" Humungosaur and translucent Chromastone...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:18 am 

They're out there guys!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:47 pm 
Wonderdog

Great pics!!! I picked up the Albedo and Forever Knight... I passed on the others due to me having a few of the new Clone Wars figures in hand hehe. I do plan on picking up the Glow in the dark Echo Echo though.

Webslinger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:49 pm 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I ran across most of these today. Albedo and Cloaked Big Chill (the only one I want) were missing though.

Urg.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:15 pm 

Saw this wave a few weeks back, but Alien X and Cloaked Chill were missing. Your missing defender Big Chill though - He's just a translucent version of the regular colors.

Been waiting for the cloaked Big Chill for so long now, and the New Spidermonkey Defender looks really great... but I honestly don't think I could stomach giving any more money to this series when it's degraded so badly and betrayed everything Ben 10 was.

I'm at a standstill on whether or not I want to sell all of my current Alien force boxed collection.
::sighs and goes back to her original Ben 10 Collection::

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:54 pm 

AgentSpectre wrote:
Saw this wave a few weeks back, but Alien X and Cloaked Chill were missing. Your missing defender Big Chill though - He's just a translucent version of the regular colors.

Been waiting for the cloaked Big Chill for so long now, and the New Spidermonkey Defender looks really great... but I honestly don't think I could stomach giving any more money to this series when it's degraded so badly and betrayed everything Ben 10 was.

I'm at a standstill on whether or not I want to sell all of my current Alien force boxed collection.
::sighs and goes back to her original Ben 10 Collection::

Hang in there bro. I can't complain much about this line and the cartoon series. I just loved it from start to present. Although Generation one is still the best. I just won 2 Grandpa Max's and 2 Gwen Tennyson's from an ebay UK seller plus a first issue GREY MATTER. So, I guess that's the COMPLETIST in me that hounded me to get them. I'm still missing the first issue Ghostfreak. If you have him and decided to let go, please feel free to get in touch with me.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:21 am 

So it finally arrived! My UK acquisitions.

A couple of Gwens' and Grandpa Max's. I was missing Gray Matter from the 1st series which the seller have too. So, I bought it... Very happy!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:32 pm 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I realize its the wrong forum and all but did anyone catch the season finale this past Friday night.

Ben is trying to explain Sumo SLammers to Kevin and goes into a little self-depricating rant about the show's re-imagining not being true to the original and inferior and thankfully it is over in 2 episodes when it gets relaunched again in a format more closely resembling what made it great in the first place.

Truly great writing and a good sense of humor there.

On topic now, I finally have a cloaked Big Chill. By far my favorite figure/character since the series began way back when ...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:10 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Found my Cloaked Big Chill at Wal-Mart and I'm hours away from an eBay auction win for the UK only Gwen & Grandpa Max figures. Then I have to find some way to cram them into this setup:

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:27 am 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

I am really interested to start collecting this line after watching the show before Clone Wars on Friday. Is there a good checklist out there of the figures and how many different lines are there? Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 7:17 am 
Former King of Posts

AgentSpectre wrote:
::sighs::
I suppose I'm the resident Ben 10 expert? That's quite sad considering how far I think the series has fallen... and other things I'd rather not mention (I used to run a site documenting Ben 10 merchandise).

Agent Spectre, You INDEED ARE the expert on this liine as far as I am concerned. Not just the toys, but the series as well. Your site was awesome, and I used to visit it often.

I too feel that Alien Force was a huge departure from the original. For some reason, while I watched most of the series, I never found the new aliens as interesting as the original series ones and thus never bought any. I do know there are folks who were inspired by the plumbers badge and customized Ben 10 figures into member of the Green Lantern Corps for their Justice League Unlimited collections. Now you could expand that to use them for any of the colored lantern corps.

I've only caught one episode of Ultimate Alien so far, so the jury is still out on it.

As for new toys, there are pictures fo the Ben 10 display in the Bandii section of the Toy Fair 2010 gallery in the gallery section of AFi.
http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/gall ... i-America/

Also, some of the older Matrix watches have started showing up at Big Lots.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 5:54 am 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

The first five Ultimate Aliens figures are available for pre-order at ToyWiz. I picked up Ben 10, Echo Echo, and Humungousaur at Target. They're really neat.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 11:44 am 

superfriend wrote:
Agent Spectre, You INDEED ARE the expert on this liine as far as I am concerned. Not just the toys, but the series as well. Your site was awesome, and I used to visit it often.

Many, many thanks. Gosh you have no idea how much that means. Especially after having those three years of my life and all my work, time and dedication taken out from under my feet quite unfairly.

Unfortunately because of that and my falling out with the series, I'm not quite up to date on the new stuff, because well quite honestly I don't care, and I will not be supporting AF or UA. UA just seems to be the same crap from AF Season 3 while continuing to destroy the old characters and use really misplaced "humor" IMHO. MOA hasn't been actively involved with Ben 10 since the first two seasons (which were the best), and McDuffie et al just doesn't give a crap about the series they were given to do (which is a shame because this same group obviously churns out excellent stuff when they DO care - AF and the like has made me loose most of my respect for them) I still support the original show fully though, and still maintain a really nice collection of all sort of odd n ends. Currently my obsessive focus has been on The Secret Saturdays (which is a show that can not be topped in my heart), but since CN treated it like crap and it's dying... I'm sitting here waiting patiently for my Generator Rex toyline. :P

For all of you who DO care though... about the whole Gwen thing... She WILL be showing up in the USA, however she's packed in a vehicle set, and I'm pretty certain it's a different figure. I've seen conflicting images from Bandai, but I have seen images of a figure of her in her UA clothes (could easily be a repaint, but unless my eyes were deceiving me her hair was up too)

I just find it funny Bandai's dropped most of the Ben 10 line except the 4",6" and Creation figures. Yeah it's an obvious move giving they are the strongest sellers, but I just find it slightly amusing that it's come to this.