Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Official Bandai Teen Titans collection info thread!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:00 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Lucky man! Do indeed post pictures!

I have my rare Battle Slade figure that I lucked out with finding last summer on Ebay...and that's it. Totally want a Beast Boy/Raven from the last wave...along with a Bumble Bee and Speedy. Hopefully someday I'll come across them for a decent price. Ebay's definitely not friendly to collectors of this line :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:45 am 
active in the community

These were avaliable in Canada at Toys R Us real cheap at one point and I kick myself for not scooping them up. I had an issue with the anime style of the show at the time. That changed once I started watching.

The problem with this series is the scale. It's all over the place as is the scuplt quality. Some had bendable legs, some suffered from Toy Biz-itis - unbendable awkard poses. So it's a pick and chose. Still missing Bumble Bee and the White Raven. I refuse to pay the E-Bay prices for them.

I went with the five inch Master of Games, Slade and Cyborg. Still not exact but far better that them being the same height or shorter than Beast Boy.

My girls used Supergirl from the Justice League set with their Teen Titans. Her design seemed to depart from the standard generic female Justice League body style and leaned more towards the TT style. Same with Stargirl.

That said, has anyone seen a custom Wonder Girl?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:38 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

I haven't, but was thinking Bumble Bee would make a great base. Why - did you see one somewhere?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:17 am 
active in the community

DisneyBoy wrote:
I haven't, but was thinking Bumble Bee would make a great base. Why - did you see one somewhere?

No, and I find that strange. With all the hype about her NOT being in the series I would have thought we'd have seen one by now.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:14 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Hey folks - bumping this thread to see if anyone has or knows of a visual guide to the 5 inch Teen Titans figures. There are five in the line in this scale and they all have great articulation - Cyborg (who is six inch from the looks of things, and lights up), Beast Boy, Robin, Speedy and Aqualad (comes with a green dolphin).

I've never seen all five together in a photo, and would really like to. Many thanks to anyone who could take a snapshot of their collection or post a link!

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:26 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Oh man, TT was one of my favorite shows! I had a pretty good collection going, but had to pack it up once I moved into a new office. Desk space suddenly became a premium and shelves were difficult to obtain.

I'll have to unpack some boxes to take some better pictures, but I remembered these of my old cube space when I was looking at the show.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 1:54 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Hey - nice cubicle! I like the variety represented (Jack, JL, TT). Do you know if you have any of these 5 inch figures specifically...?

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 4:28 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I think i have an extra Aqualad and Speedy in the package somewhere, but it's all in storage. I've got all the Comic Book heroes Red series 1-4 and Blue series 1 and the SD 5" figures and all of the 10" figures. I also have a complete set of the maquettes.

edit: Nope! They were in a box in the back of the closet.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:35 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Woah, cool! Thanks for showing me those! Never gotten a good look at the Speedy and Aqualad before. Speedy seems to lack upper arm twist articulation, but it seems like his gloves turn. Wish I could find one of him for a decent price - Ebay's gotten silly these days!

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:20 pm 
active in the community

I didn't realize there were so many 5in figures. Never went for the 10in, not enough money or space.

Been picking up Ben 10 figures in clearance to flesh out bad guys for the Teen Titans. The scale and design mesh up pretty good.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:16 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

I finally own a BUMBLEBEE! I'll post a picture soon, but let me just say....WOW. She's SMALL! She looks great, mind you, but I wish I had a shrinking/enlarging ray so I could make her proportionally bigger.

Next to my JLU Supergirl, you can immediately see the difference in quality, sculpt-wise. Bandai may not have gotten scale right, but the character's proportions and details are spot-on. Kara's head is like an oversized balloon on a rather strangely shaped body.

Looking forward to adding a few more TT figures to my collection, at some point.

Hey, take a pic of your Ben10/TT collection at some point :) I'd be curious to see it. I can mentally picture how that Volcano villain from the show would fit into the Ben10 world, but not how Ben10 characters would fit in the other way around...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:27 pm 
active in the community

Awesome score on the Bumblebee! She's one of the ones I'm still looking for. Her and the white Raven even if the sculpt is off.

That's the problem I had with the Bandai figures. Their scale is all over the place. In fact, it seems like they wanted everything in one scale. So Cyborg is the same size as all the rest as is Cinderblock. AND their sculpting was all over the place. Ranging from decent articulation to no articulation to the final sculpts with almost too much articular for the flimsy material used.

I should unpack my TT figures but they are packed away and my Ben 10 is limited so far. I am working on expanding that. Love when they come on clearance for $2.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:56 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Do you mean these two?

I always assumed they were made with sturdy plastic since they look so well articulated...but if they're BumbleBee size and have all those joints...I can see why that might not be the case.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:45 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Thought y'all might wanna see my wing-less Bumblebee...

Sucks she wasn't also made in 5 inch scale, like the boys...but then, neither were Raven, Starfire or Terra.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:16 am 
Knows his stuff

Help with the 10 inch line please......

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next