Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Power Rangers Samurai figures are out!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:08 pm 
Resin

THIS was a surprise to me, one day after finding the Mighty Morphin White Ranger at Ross!

I was sincerely stunned to see these this afternoon at Walmart. Given the runaround earlier this year with Disney pretty well giving up on the Rangers and Saban buying back the rights, and then announcing that they would be bring a new series over, I still didn't expect to see the next series of toys THIS quickly. Given the prep time for action figures (and Japan doesn't do action figures for Rangers the same way America does), the turnaround time for these things must have been insane.

The packages clearly say "Saban Brands" on them, and the figures have "(C) SGC P.R." sculpted (!) into their backs, which I assume stands for Saban -- something or other, and the PR is probably Power Rangers.

I found the Blue, Red, and Green Rangers in the basic format, which is called "Mega Ranger". There were some larger figures as well, but these have the best detail and articulation.

Detail is definitely above average for Rangers. Paint work is superb. Articulation is excellent, but I noticed that all three of them have REALLY loose leg joints. If it had just been one, I would've figured a single glitch, but really, all three of them were to one degree or another. They have slight balance problems as a result.

They're about the same height as this past year's Mighty Morphin remakes, but seem to be slightly better proportioned. Not as overly muscled. I did not see Yellow and Pink -- yet -- or some seriously freaky looking bad guy pictured on the back.

Post subject: Re: Power Rangers Samurai figures are out!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:42 pm 
Collector Inspector

Saw these at walmart tonight.
There is a 5pack of the team like what walmart got during last years MMPR wave. That so far is the only thing I really want out of this.
I might get the new megazord just because you can mix and match the zords of that one with the MMPR megazord. Its pretty neat actually.

Looking forward to the new season.
Really looking forward to the older episodes showings that are coming to nicktoons.
DrGreenEvil

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:29 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Just googled some show images.

I gotta say, the Pink Ranger looks a bit ... pudgy... in the press shots. The Yellow Ranger is rather fetching though.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:14 pm 
Collector Inspector

With Mattel either dropping lines I collected or making lines I would be interested in to expensive for my tastes, I had to find something to fill that void...
Power Rangers Samurai was it...

When I found Rita Repulsa, I also got Samurai Red and Green. I was going to stop there, but then I found Pink and Yellow at Ross cheap, so I gave in and got those. But then since I had 2/3rds of the team, I really gave in and got Blue and Gold. Later got Master Xandred.
If i just had not seen the girls at Ross!!... That would have been it.

Probably will end up getting Mega Mode and Super Samurai Mode Red sometime. I want a black box for my action figures.
Keep thinking about getting the megazord and few other zords, but I know how much of spiral downwards that would be. Maybe get some of the bikes if they go on sale.

REALLY looking forward to whatever 20th anniversary stuff Bandai releases. Even if it is just re-releases of the stuff from the 15th anniversary, I will be happy with that.