Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Ben 10 Omniverse
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:27 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

stewbacca wrote:
Bryan Long wrote:
All of the Ben 10 merchandise in the Target closest to me has been marked "clearance." And it was everything with a Ben 10 logo -- figures, masks, vehicles, etc. Does this mean this line is ending or that Target is dropping it? A lot of this stuff, like the character masks, has only been there for about a month.

Happened at mine as well-- I hope not- since that would only leave me KMart and TRU as options..

Curious. Does that mean it's the end of the line? Or just being dumped off of Target?

Hope not. The kids love it. Especially being a 4th series, they know everything about the characters and have all different toys for the various series. Maybe not as vast, but it's like JLU for my little guys.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:32 am 
Collector Inspector

Quote:
Curious. Does that mean it's the end of the line? Or just being dumped off of Target?

That's what I'd like to know. It's not carried at Wal-mart around here, so that means it's just TRU. That doesn't seem enough to carry a line, particularly a Bandai line.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:55 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Well I dont want another JLU/B&TB situation so I am tempted to jump on this auction-- even though the feedback is pretty bad..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-PCS-Ben-10-to ... 3487wt_905

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:17 am 
Collector Inspector

I just jumped on the auction. We'll see how it goes, but I don't mind gambling $14. TRU has Ben 10 on sale now as well.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:07 am 
Collector Inspector

Got the figures in yesterday. They are rather beat up -- it's actually like they are used, like a kid played with them. That's part of the description, so I'm not going to get worked up about it, particularly at the price. I hope to get a chance to post some pictures in the next few days.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:56 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Please do Bryan... I sure hope they just put the Ben 10 timeline back to where it should have been. That way, I could see Ben 10K!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:42 am 
Collector Inspector

So has anyone heard if Bandai has cancelled the toy line? I'm finding the newest stuff in clearance outlets like Ross, so I assume that means it's over.

I picked up the space station (all four parts) at fire sale prices -- the main section was marked down at a Ross store to $3.99 (red tag). The other three were $5.99. Just as an aside, I'm very glad I didn't pay retail for these -- they're startlingly small outside the box, and pretty confusing to set up and connect.

I also got found the 10-inch and the smaller rotocast figures at Ross.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:42 pm 
Resin

I would not be happy if Ben 10 has been scrapped, but I'm not seeing it much of anywhere. Target's recent reset has no space for it, Walmart hasn't had it in months, and TRU has a sale going on for what little older merchandise they have.

A friend of mine who follows the toy business world has said that Ben 10 is considered a hot license, but fat lot of good that does if the stuff never gets to the stores.

I've seen multiples of this eBay auction that offers seven figures that haven't really seen the light of day at retail, so something's up. And a friend of mine in Europe was able to snag me Crashhopper.

Still, the state of the action figure world in general is pretty depressing these days. I sincerely hope we haven't seen the last of Ben 10. :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:04 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

I am on board with this as well-- I had hope for the new minifig line -- and the rest of the new ones we saw at toy fair. - I have been tempted to pick things up for the auctions on ebay-- but I have hope.. Id love to get Crashhopper over here in something other than translucent.

There is a large Ben 10 European Market-- Italy even has a huge Double Dare style game themed on Ben 10 (that was one of the programs I could actually follow when I was on vacation over there)

Lots of figures have been only available overseas (until the majority show up in multipacks- at TRU and discount stores)_- Gwen, Max, Zombozo, Aggregor, Manny-- all started out as single cards over there-- we still havent officially gotten Helen, or The Asian Exclusive- Galvan Battle Armor (from the CG Movie) in the US in any form (as much as I am aware)

So as long as at least it stays in production-- at least the figures are being made somewhere..

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:08 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

This line has been frustrating as hell-- as apparently many figures were produced and released overseas.. -- Ive picked up about 13 figures that were never released over here and there are still a few out there.

And as mentioned in the above-- I broke down on the auction as well-- however-- after getting the new figures (carded)-- those other figures don't feel like they were worth the junk plastic they were made with..

There was a Bullfrog auction from one of the Chinese sellers- haven't seen a carded version. And on the back of the card is a New Sculpt Big Chill- but haven't seen that one either

and right now there is a new Max figure..

So far there were other releases --and all of these were carded

Crashopper
NRG (out of suit)-- Regular and a Omni Plasm Translucent Version
Toe Pick--- Regular and a Omni Plasm Translucent Version (with Eyes)
Diamondhead -new sculpt
Humungasaur- New Sculpt
Pax (the hippy wildvine guy)
Zombozo (new Sculpt)
Water Hazard (new sculpt)
Upchuck- New Sculpt
Malware
Shadow Colors Khyber
Astrodactyl
Heatblast- new sculpt
Snare-Oh (previously called Ben Mummy)- new sculpt

There are a couple of other Omni Plasm versions of the first waves as well.

Kickin Hawk
Jury Rigg
Gravittak
Feedback
Spider Monkey
Crashhopper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:48 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

Found a carded Big Chill on the 'bay-- looks like he and Uncle Max were released in Australia..

God this line is more frustrating than JLU..