Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
 Post subject: Re: Fantastic Four
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:51 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Yeah, that was cool.

But, man, the way that thing was raining down flaming shrapnel they should've used that to ignite the Logo on the ground...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:02 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Saw just tons and tons of the DVD for this at work today so I knew it had to be coming in the next couple of weeks... Checked Amazon and the 15th is the release date.

I watched this some time ago, but PD and his podcast partner have a pretty funny tear-down of the movie... Grab a soda, it's a bit of a long one...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:37 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Fantastic Four Receives Five Razzie Awards Nominations

SuperHeroHype

Jan 13, 2016

The Golden Raspberry Award Foundation this morning announced the Razzie Awards nominations and it’s not looking good for Josh Trank’s Fantastic Four. The film, which earned $168 million worldwide on a budget of $120 million, was nominated for Worst Picture, Worst Remake/Rip-Off/Sequel, Worst Screen Combo (for all four “Fantastics”), Worst Director, and Worst Screenplay. Yikes. You can check out the full list of nominees at ComingSoon.net.

The Josh Trank directed film stars Whiplash‘s Miles Teller as Reed Richards (Mr. Fantastic), “House of Cards” star Kate Mara as Sue Storm (The Invisible Woman), Fruitvale Station and Chronicle‘s Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Storm (The Human Torch) and The Adventures of Tintin‘s Jamie Bell as Ben Grimm (The Thing) alongside Reg E. Cathey (“The Wire”) as Dr. Franklin Storm, and Tim Blake Nelson (O Brother, Where Art Thou?) as Harvey Elder, aka The Mole Man.

An origin story said to be inspired largely by the “Ultimate Fantastic Four” comics, Fantastic Four offers a contemporary re-imagining of Marvel’s original and longest-running superhero team. The story centers on four young outsiders who teleport to an alternate and dangerous universe, which alters their physical form in shocking ways. Their lives irrevocably upended, the team must learn to harness their daunting new abilities and work together to save Earth from a former friend turned enemy.

Fantastic Four features a screenplay by Simon Kinberg (X-Men: Days of Future Past), who is also a producer on the film.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:11 am 
picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

This has gotta be good news for those of us who want to see the rights revert back to Marvel, right? I mean, Fox obviously doesn't know what the fox they're doin with the FF.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:51 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

shishalzafrazz wrote:
This has gotta be good news for those of us who want to see the rights revert back to Marvel, right? I mean, Fox obviously doesn't know what the fox they're doin with the FF.

I'm going to speculate. I believe that yes, despite the acrimony and bitterness between the two companies, Fox and Marvel will work out a deal for the Fantastic Four and the Fantastic Four family of characters.

I can't see Fox rebooting this franchise for the third time.

It may be that Marvel Studios produces the Fantastic Four and the X-Men for Fox in exchange for a bigger piece of the merchandise pie.

Anything's possible. We may see Hugh Jackman's Wolverine share screentime with Robert Downey's Iron Man yet.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:53 pm 
picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

That would kick so much of ass.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:26 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Fantastic Four Receives Three Razzie Awards

SuperHeroHype

Feb 27, 2016

The Golden Raspberry Award Foundation tonight announced the Razzie Awards winners and Josh Trank’s Fantastic Four received three. The film, which earned $168 million worldwide on a budget of $120 million, “won” for Worst Picture (sharing the award with Fifty Shades of Grey), Worst Remake/Rip-Off/Sequel, and Worst Director. You can check out the full list of winners at ComingSoon.net.

Fantastic Four features a screenplay by Simon Kinberg (X-Men: Days of Future Past), who is also a producer on the film.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15