Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fantastic Four Reboot
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:04 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Miles Teller in the Running for Reed Richards in Fantastic Four?

by SuperHeroHype

August 02, 2013

The Wrap is reporting that The Spectacular Now star Miles Teller is the front runner for the role of Reed Richards aka Mr. Fantastic in Josh Trank's upcoming reboot of Fantastic Four. This is not official by any means, but Teller has reportedly met with Trank about the role and is said to be his top choice.

Production is expected to begin on the film this September in Lousiana even though a cast has yet to be announced. Chronicle star Michael B. Jordan has long been rumored to appear as Johnny Storm with another rumor citing "Girls" star Allison Williams as potentially Sue Storm. Check back here for more information on the cast as it's announced.

Details are currently few on the project all around outside of Trank directing from script by Seth Grahame-Smith, Michael Green and Jeremy Slater, but Fox creative consultant Mark Millar says the film will contain "stuff you haven't seen in a superhero movie before."

Fantastic Four is targeting a March 6, 2015 release. Would you want to see Teller in the role? Sound off below.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:59 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

I get that they're going younger, but this guy looks like a complete pothead. If you're going to have someone playing one of the smartest men in the Marvel Universe, he shouldn't look like he's totally stoned. Every pic that comes up on Google looks like that. Not seeing it.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:04 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Will Fantastic Four Share a Universe with X-Men?

by SuperHeroHype

August 19, 2013

Update: Mark Millar has taken to Twitter to clarify his comments on the matter. "They exist in same universe but movies stand alone," he wrote. "There is NO crossover planned." The original article follows:

Ever since he was brought on as a "creative consultant" for Fox, comic writer Mark Millar has spoken about wanting to make their Marvel films feel "cohesive" and that audiences will believe they're all happening in the same universe. All that talk aside, it's never been mentioned that characters from X-Men might appear in the Fantastic Four reboot, and vice versa, until now.

Speaking with SFX, Millar suggested that the two franchises could overlap at some points.

“Without question I think you have to see some of these guys showing up in each other’s movies. I think the most exciting thing in superhero movies, until The Avengers came along, was when Nick Fury showed up in Iron Man. Even though it was a guy with an eye patch it was really cool – and I expect we will see more of that.”

Fox's next Marvel film is the colossal X-Men: Days of Future Past, which hits theaters on May 23, 2014, followed by Josh Trank's reboot of Fantastic Four, which is currently set for a March 6, 2015 release.

Do you want to see the Fantastic Four and X-Men crossover? Sound off below!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:57 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Simon Kinberg to Rewrite Fantastic Four

by SuperHeroHype

October 01, 2013

Josh Trank's Fantastic Four was rumored to begin production last month, but it's now looking like it may take a bit longer before Marvel's first family steps before the cameras. The Hollywood Reporter today brings word that X-Men: First Class and X-Men: Days of Future Past scribe Simon Kinberg has boarded the project as both a screenwriter and producer.

Seth Grahame-Smith, Michael Green T.S. Nowlin and Jeremy Slater previously worked on Fantastic Four and, while no casting is yet official, the release date is still set for March 6, 2015.

It was previously suggested that 20th Century Fox will set Fantastic Four in the same cinematic universe as their X-Men franchise, although no direct big screen crossover is currently being planned.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:36 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Terry Crews Wants to Play The Thing in Fantastic Four

by SuperHeroHype

October 04, 2013

After his roles in The Expendables films and Herbert Love in season 4 of "Arrested Development," Terry Crews has become a beloved icon to many movie and TV fans, but when will he take on a role in a superhero film? Very soon if he has anything to say about it. In an interview with Newsarama, Crews mentions two comic book characters that he would like to play.

“One character I always thought I could play is the Thing from Fantastic Four,” Crews said. “Another character I’ve always loved as a fan is Colossus. If there was a way to make that happen that worked, I would love to be Colossus.”

However Crews knows that he can't just step into the role without some approval.

“You can’t make yourself President; the people make you the President. If people want me to be a part of this superhero genre, it’ll happen. People get what they want."

But what if Crews doesn't get a role? He says he'll make one up himself.

"I feel like we need to make new superheroes, African-American superheroes, that people would accept. Whatever I do, it has to be right – for me, for the character, and for the fans.”

There's been almost no news regarding the upcoming reboot of Fantastic Four lately, save for X-Men: Days of Future Past screenwriter Simon Kinberg coming on to rework the screenplay, but with a March 6, 2015 release date already set, casting should be coming together soon. We reccomend Fox at least meet with Mr. Crews about the part.

What role do you want to see Terry Crews take on? Sound off below!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:59 am 
Mint on Card

Crews would be good for Bishop or Luke Cage, but while sometimes its fine and works to cast an actor of a different colour as the character they play, I don't think anyone would agree he'd be right for those two roles.

Personally I hope when they do the Thing this time round, they go the motion capture route they used on Hulk in Avengers. The Thing isn't that much taller than a regular person, he's just really wide and solid, which they'll be able to achieve in CG. You can't make those proportions work on an actor in a body suit.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:50 am 
Excelsior!

I could definitely see Crews as The Thing but not Collossus. In fact now that he says it he would be my first choice for The Thing.

I still think Donald Glover should have been the new Spider-Man. :)

DCAU Wish List: Blight, Inque, Stalker, Jonah Hex, Royal Flush Gang, Luminus, Jax-Ur, Mala, Granny Goodness, Stompa, Mad Harriet, Count Vertigo, Mr. Mxyzspltlk, Steppenwolf, Kanto, Static, Gear, Zeta, Ro, Felix Faust, Morgaine Le Fey, Ares, Circe, Hades.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:48 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Fox Set to Begin Testing Actors for Fantastic Four Reboot

by SuperHeroHype

October 09, 2013

Variety is reporting that, following a script polish by Simon Kinberg, Fox is gearing up to start testing actors for their reboot of Fantastic Four. Among the names said to be in the running for Reed Richards aka Mr. Fantastic are "Game of Thrones'" Kit Harington, Jack O’Connell and the previously-rumored Miles Teller. The actresses said to be up for Sue Storm/The Invisible Woman include Saoirse Ronan, Kate Mara and Margot Robbie.

As previously reported, the only name being tossed around for the Johnny Storm/Human Torch role is Chronicle's Michael B. Jordan. No names have been mentioned for the Ben Grimm/The Thing role, but Terry Crews really wants it.

Josh Trank will direct the big screen adaptation, which is currently set for release on March 6, 2015.

Check back here for confirmations on casting as soon as we learn them and sound off with your thoughts below!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:38 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

None of those scream a Sue Storm to me- or even whisper for that matter..

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:57 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Miles Teller Confirms Fantastic Four Talks

by SuperHeroHype

October 29, 2013

One of the names that has consistently been mentioned alongside Josh Trank's upcoming Fantastic Four reboot is Miles Teller, who is rumored to be in the running for the Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic role. The rumor began back in August, and was quickly shot down by the director, but earlier this month when actors began testing for the film, Teller's name came up once again. Now, Teller has confirmed that he has been in talks for the role, but another film might prevent his involvement.

"Uh, you know, I don't know," Teller told Fandango when asked about Fantastic Four. "If that happens, if everything works out, then I will be pretty pumped. But then I'll also be working for... it's like seven months out of your year. Which is not a bad problem."

Teller confirmed he is attached to reprise his role from the upcoming film Divergent in its sequel, titled Insurgent, which he said will begin filming in April of 2014 - this would likely interfere with Fantastic Four should he be cast in the role.

Fantastic Four is set for release in theaters March 6, 2015.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:53 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Fantastic Four, The Secret Service and Assassin's Creed Get New Release Dates

by SuperHeroHype

November 12, 2013

As if your summer 2015 calendar wasn't already packed, pencil in a few more, as 20th Century Fox has just announced some changes to their releases.

The first is director Matthew Vaughn's adaptation of the Mark Millar/Dave Gibbons comic series The Secret Service, previously set for a November 14, 2014 release, which has been pushed back to March 6, 2015. No other film is scheduled for that date yet.

The film is now set for release on the original date for the upcoming Fantastic Four reboot, directed by Chronicle helmer Josh Trank, which will now open on June 19, 2015. It shares the new date with the Pixar film Inside Out.

And as if things couldn't get any more mirrored, Fox also announced that their adaptation of the video game Assassin's Creed, starring Michael Fassbender, has been pushed from June 19, 2015 to an August 7, 2015 debut.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:35 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

The Fantastic Four Production Scouting Locations in Baton Rouge

by SuperHeroHype

November 15, 2013

While it was previously revealed that 20th Century Fox will film the The Fantastic Four reboot in Louisiana, we now have a more specific city that the studio is looking at.

Reddit user 'Xzsekots' received a notice that his/her apartment located in Baton Rouge may be used for the filming, which the notice says will start in March 2014.

The cast for the film has not been announced yet, but Josh Trank (Chronicle) will direct and the studio just set a June 19, 2015 release.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:57 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Fox Hires Simon Kinberg to Create 'Marvel Style' Universe for X-Men, Fantastic Four

by SuperHeroHype

December 06, 2013

Following the announcement yesterday that 20th Century Fox will be following up next summer's X-Men: Days of Future Past with a sequel called X-Men: Apocalypse in 2016, The Hollywood Reporter has learned that screenwriter Simon Kinberg has inked a three-year deal with the studio to help them create a "Marvel style" universe for both their "X-Men" and "Fantastic Four" films.

"I have a lot of ideas on how to build those brands and do what everybody is thinking of these days: Be like Marvel," Kinberg said. "I want to be able to build stories over multiple movies."

Kinberg wrote the screenplay and produced the upcoming "Days of Future Past," and is also heavily involved in getting Josh Trank's The Fantastic Four off the ground as both a writer and producer. In addition to making a cohesive universe for their Marvel-based films, Kinberg will be working on original properties and lesser known adaptations for the studio.

This news calls into question the role for Mark Millar at the studio, since he was hired back in September of 2012 as a "Creative Consultant" on all of their Marvel comics properties. It remains to be seen if Millar is no longer functioning in that role at the studio, but check back here for more details as we learn them.

Update: Mark Millar has clarified on Twitter that he's still working for Fox, saying: "Don't worry. Simon RE-UPPED his deal. We've all been working together for the past 15 months"

20th Century Fox's next Marvel based film is X-Men: Days of Future Past, which hits theaters on May 23, 2014, followed by The Fantastic Four on June 19, 2015. The studio also has another solo "Wolverine" film in development with both James Mangold and Hugh Jackman set to return as well as an adaptation of "X-Force" from Kick-Ass 2's Jeff Wadlow.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:24 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Jurassic World, Terminator and Fantastic Four Start Dates and Locations

by SuperHeroHype

January 12, 2014

Get ready Louisiana residents, Hollywood is bringing some big productions to the state in the upcoming months. While not 100% confirmed, Production Weekly has tweeted start dates and locations for The Fantastic Four, Terminator and Jurassic World.

According to them, The Fantastic Four will kick things off in Baton Rouge on March 31. To be directed by Josh Trank (Chronicle), the 20th Century Fox release has been scheduled to hit theaters on June 19, 2015, but no cast members have been announced.

Next up, Terminator (AKA "Terminator Genesis") is expected to start filming on April 21 in New Orleans. Thor: The Dark World helmer Alan Taylor is directing for a July 1, 2015 release. Arnold Schwarzenegger, Emilia Clarke and Jason Clarke are starring.

And last, but certainly not least, Jurassic World plans to start shooting in Louisiana on June 2. No specific city was mentioned for the film, but Colin Trevorrow will be directing Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Ty Simpkins, Jake Johnson, Nick Robinson and Irrfan Khan. The movie hits theaters on June 12, 2015.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:19 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

The Fantastic Four Screenplay Completed, More Actors Testing This Month

SuperHeroHype

Jan 21, 2014

Variety reports that screenwriter Simon Kinberg has completed his re-write of Fox's The Fantastic Four reboot and that they're looking to finalize the film's cast shortly. The site notes that actors will continue testing for roles in the film later this month, including Miles Teller, Kit Harington and Richard Madden for Reed Richards aka Mr. Fantastic, and Kate Mara and Saoirse Ronan for Sue Storm aka The Invisible Woman.

As previously mentioned, the only name reported for the Johnny Storm/Human Torch role is Chronicle‘s Michael B. Jordan. No names have been mentioned for the Ben Grimm/The Thing role, though Terry Crews says he wants it.

Filming on the reboot is expected to begin in Baton Rouge this March. Josh Trank will direct the big screen adaptation, which is currently set for release on June 19, 2015​.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next