Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fantastic Four Reboot
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:12 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Miles Teller Comments on The Fantastic Four

SuperHeroHype

Jan 23, 2014

One of the names that has consistently been linked to Fox's upcoming reboot of The Fantastic Four is The Spectacular Now's Miles Teller, who is reportedly up for the role of Reed Richards aka Mr. Fantastic. Teller himself has confirmed that he's been in talks for the film, but after a recent report mentioned actors would be testing for the role by the end of the month, it seems things have been kicked into high gear.

Collider recently caught up with Teller to talk about his place in the reboot and whether he was ready to beef up for the role, saying:

"I think, you know, if that were to happen, I think the characters would be taken in a different direction than the kind of blue suits and stuff from the franchise that had previously been done, which you’d have to if you’re gonna reboot something, you really got to kind of put your own spin on it. But with that being said, all I need is like, a couple weeks to just get my body back in shape. So the answer to that is yes, I could get back in shape."

Not only is Teller's answer further confirmation of his potential involvement in the film, it also seemingly reveals a new development about the film, that being a potential lack of their classic blue uniforms.

Screenwriter Simon Kinberg has reportedly completed his re-write ​of the film's screenplay with more talent said to be testing for roles in the film by the end of the month. Filming on the reboot is expected to begin in Baton Rouge this March. Josh Trank will direct the big screen adaptation, which is currently set for release on June 19, 2015​.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:05 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Josh Gad Up for Ben Grimm/The Thing in The Fantastic Four?

SuperHeroHype

Jan 28, 2014

Even though production on Fox's upcoming reboot of The Fantastic Four is expected to begin this March, there hasn't been any official casting announcements. We've heard several rumors about actors in talks for roles, and even heard from a few that want to get cast in the film, but there's been no official word about who will play any of the iconic characters.

Another rumor has popped up about the film now though, as Movies.com reports that Fox has their eye on Frozen and "The Book of Mormon" star Josh Gad for the role of Ben Grimm, AKA The Thing. This remains unconfirmed for the time being, of course, and director Josh Trank has even taken to Twitter to say the report isn't true, though Trank has also previously denied the casting of Miles Teller as Mister Fantastic, which now seems like a done deal. Check back here for further details on the film's casting, which should be coming together soon.

Screenwriter Simon Kinberg has reportedly completed his re-write ​of the film's screenplay while talent is said to still be testing for roles in the film. Filming on the reboot is expected to begin in Baton Rouge this year with a planned release of June 19, 2015​.

UPDATE: Josh Gad says on Twitter that there is no truth to this: "Everyone please calm down. There is no truth to rumor of me playing Grimm."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:44 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Kate Mara, Emmy Rossum and More Screen Test for Fantastic Four

SuperHeroHype

Feb 05, 2014

A report from last month indicated that Twentieth Century Fox was ready to kick the casting process for their upcoming film The Fantastic Four into high gear and now it seems they've tested a number of actors just this week. The Hollywood Reporter has learned that Kate Mara ("House of Cards") and Emmy Rossum ("Shameless") have both tested for the part of Sue Storm and that Miles Teller, who has been in the running for some time, tested for the role of Reed Richards. The site also notes that British actor Christian Cooke tested for the role of Ben Grimm aka The Thing and that once again Michael B. Jordan is the only one in contention for the role of Johnny Storm.

The most interesting development about the film is what THR says they've learned about antagonist Doctor Doom, who they say is expected to be the villain once again in the film. Fox is reportedly likely to cast a big name actor in the role, but in a surprising development, they are considering the possibility of switching the character's gender. Keep in mind that casting for the film is still ongoing and it's no guarantee that these actors will book the roles. Check back here for further updates on the film as we learn them.

Filming on The Fantastic Four is expected to begin in Baton Rouge this March. Josh Trank will direct the big screen adaptation, which is currently set for release on June 19, 2015​.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:44 pm 
An Insider

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:34 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Agreed. Why do they feel the need to even consider crap like this? Ugh.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:17 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Jamie Bell, Michael B. Jordan, Kate Mara and Miles Teller are The Fantastic Four!

SuperHeroHype

Feb 19, 2014

Twentieth Century Fox has cast Marvel's First Family! Jamie Bell, Michael B. Jordan, Kate Mara and Miles Teller are Josh Trank's The Fantastic Four. The Wrap broke the news, confirming months of rumors surrounding the involvement of Jordan, Mara and Teller and were the first to name Jamie Bell as the studio's choice for Ben Grimm, aka The Thing. Bell seems to be the only one without an official offer on the table, but it is very much expected that he will be confirmed by the studio shortly.

Teller will play Reed Richards (Mr. Fantastic), Mara, Sue Storm (The Invisible Woman), Jordan, Johnny Storm (The Human Torch) and Bell (likely through motion-capture), Ben Grimm (The Thing). Previous reports have suggested that Trank's iteration of the story also involves Dr. Victor Von Doom, so expect more casting on The Fantastic Four very soon.

Filming on The Fantastic Four is expected to begin in Baton Rouge this March. Josh Trank will direct the big screen adaptation, which is currently set for release on June 19, 2015​.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:51 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

See, they're already off on the wrong foot. I don't generally have problems with them changing the race or sex of characters if it works. But the Fantastic Four is first and foremost a family. Hell, they're called Marvel's First Family! So what, now Johnny and Sue are half-siblings? Sister and brother from a different mother? It stinks, and it's already making me skeptical. If they wanted a change great no issue. But change them both. *sigh*

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:58 am 
Aspires to be #1

Not to mention, that they all seem too young for the roles. No thanks to this movie I think.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:02 pm 
3 3/4"

texgnome1 wrote:
See, they're already off on the wrong foot. I don't generally have problems with them changing the race or sex of characters if it works. But the Fantastic Four is first and foremost a family. Hell, they're called Marvel's First Family! So what, now Johnny and Sue are half-siblings? Sister and brother from a different mother? It stinks, and it's already making me skeptical. If they wanted a change great no issue. But change them both. *sigh*

So... a family has to be blood relatives or all of the same race? Adoption? Mixed race marriages and children? I think your definition of family is too narrow.

You're right that the family aspect of the FF is core to what they are. Staying true to that is what's paramount. The details are less relevant and can conform to the times. They can meet all of those requirements with the actors they chose.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:06 pm 
Aspires to be #1

UncleMarsellus wrote:
texgnome1 wrote:

So... a family has to be blood relatives or all of the same race? Adoption? Mixed race marriages and children? I think your definition of family is too narrow.

You're right that the family aspect of the FF is core to what they are. Staying true to that is what's paramount. The details are less relevant and can conform to the times. They can meet all of those requirements with the actors they chose.

Conforming to the times is not something I'm a fan of. Don't we get enough of divorce and step siblings and the like without having to shoehorn it into a story for the sake of diversity and pc? What's wrong with an actual wholesome family?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:15 pm 
3 3/4"

j1h15233 wrote:
Conforming to the times is not something I'm a fan of. Don't we get enough of divorce and step siblings and the like without having to shoehorn it into a story for the sake of diversity and pc? What's wrong with an actual wholesome family?

What are you implying? A mixed family isn't wholesome?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:25 pm 
Aspires to be #1

UncleMarsellus wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:

What are you implying? A mixed family isn't wholesome?

Not a family with divorced parents and step siblings, no. It has nothing to do with race. Be a teacher for 1 week and you'll feel the same about divorce. Believe me.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:33 pm 
Tis' but a pup

NYCC Mr. Freeze can you show me a picture of that figure im a sucker for mr.freeze toys

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:35 pm 
Aspires to be #1

lord schwarzenegger wrote:
NYCC Mr. Freeze can you show me a picture of that figure im a sucker for mr.freeze toys

Dude, Jim already warned you once

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:36 pm 
3 3/4"

j1h15233 wrote:

Not a family with divorced parents and step siblings, no. It has nothing to do with race. Be a teacher for 1 week and you'll feel the same about divorce. Believe me.

I was an elementary school teacher for 3 years. Two of which in a low income, transient area.

I respectfully disagree. Love and stability are what's important and than can exist in a variety of circumstances and familial combinations.

I don't understand how you're making a correlation between the casting decisions for an FF movie and the implication of instability at home for that presumed fictional family. How do you know Sue and Johnny's family wasn't stable and loving?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next