Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 608 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41
 Post subject: Re: Man of Steel
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:17 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Zack Snyder Comments on Man of Steel's Mass Destruction Scenes

by SuperHeroHype

August 29, 2013

Following the film's release in June, Zack Snyder's Man of Steel received some criticism from fans who felt that the action-packed finale went too far in depicting the mass destruction caused by Michael Shannon's General Zod and his World Engine. In a new interview with The Japan Times, Snyder addresses the decision, explaining how he feels the scale gives the story a myth-like quality.

“I wanted the movie to have a mythological feeling," he says. "In ancient mythology, mass deaths are used to symbolize disasters. In other countries like Greece and Japan, myths were recounted through the generations, partly to answer unanswerable questions about death and violence. In America, we don’t have that legacy of ancient mythology. Superman is probably the closest we get. It’s a way of recounting the myth.”

Although Snyder doesn't address it directly, it's also a good bet that the fallout from Superman's battle with Zod will have some ramifications in the still-untitled Batman/Superman film set to hit theaters on July 17, 2015. Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Diane Lane and Laurence Fishburne will be joined by Ben Affleck in the role of Batman/Bruce Wayne with Snyder returning as director.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:10 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Watch the Superman 75th Anniversary Animated Short

by SuperHeroHype

October 15, 2013

After months of waiting, Zack Snyder's Superman short, encompassing the entire 75 year history of the character, finally debuted this past weekend at New York Comic Con and it's now made its way online for you to enjoy. Here's what DC had to say about the short:

From the creative minds of Zack Snyder ([b]Man of Steel) and Bruce Timm (Superman: The Animated Series) and produced by Warner Bros. Animation, this short follows Superman through the years, from his first appearance on the cover of Action Comics #1 to Henry Cavill in this year's Man of Steel...all in two minutes![/b]

Check out the short below and don't forget it will air on Cartoon Network on Wednesday, October 16 at 6:58 p.m. ET and will be available on the DVD and Blu-ray for Man of Steel this November.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:27 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Learn About Krypton with a Man of Steel Infographic

by SuperHeroHype

November 05, 2013

With Man of Steel hitting Blu-ray next week, Warner Bros has debuted a new infographic about Superman's homeworld of Krypton.

Click on the thumbnail for a bigger pic!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:15 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

I finally just sat through the last half of this movie this weekend on HBO-- and Green Lantern was 10x better than this pile of a movie..

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:18 pm 
Aspires to be #1

stewbacca wrote:
I finally just sat through the last half of this movie this weekend on HBO-- and Green Lantern was 10x better than this pile of a movie..

Which Green Lantern did you watch haha?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:48 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

stewbacca wrote:

Whaaaaaat??? :shock: :o :shock: I don't even know what to say to that...

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:16 pm 
Excelsior!

alcinde4 wrote:
I can see it. Don't agree with it, but Green Lantern was definitely more fun and not so full of itself. I should be able to sit back and enjoy watching demigods in plastic underoos smacking around bad guys. But DC seems to think I should feel bad about it for some reason.

Man of Steel was a good film. But it was not a FUN film.

DCAU Wish List: Blight, Inque, Stalker, Jonah Hex, Royal Flush Gang, Luminus, Jax-Ur, Mala, Granny Goodness, Stompa, Mad Harriet, Count Vertigo, Mr. Mxyzspltlk, Steppenwolf, Kanto, Static, Gear, Zeta, Ro, Felix Faust, Morgaine Le Fey, Ares, Circe, Hades.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:54 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

alcinde4 wrote:
stewbacca wrote:

Well remember- I'm apparently only one of like three people in the world that liked the third X-Men Movie...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 608 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41