Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 608 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 41  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:49 pm 
An Insider

I would have loved to see what he has up his sleve. That sucks that DC axed it. :roll: they better come up with something good. part of me thinks they should just make Birthright into a film...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:35 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

i really wanted to see bizarro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:07 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Frank Langella on the Return of Perry White

Source: superherohype.com

November 8, 2007

In the last few years, actor Frank Langella has been everywhere, in movies and on stage, but he hasn't done that many interviews for some reason. ComingSoon.net had a chance to sit down with him to talk about Andrew Wagner's indie drama Starting Out in the Evening, in which Langella stars as an aging writer, but with another "Superman" movie rumored to be happening and Justice League on the fast track, we had to know if we might see him reprising the role of Perry White, the editor in chief at Clark Kent's day job The Daily Planet. Fortunately, Warner Bros. was smart enough to get Langella on contract. "Yeah, I've got two more to do," he told us, though he doesn't know when the next movie might be, "Oh, I don't know. I think both with the strike and with the fact that they haven't come up with a really great story yet, I don't know when the next Superman is going to be. My guess is that it probably won't be until next year."

Starting Out in the Evening opens in New York and L.A. on November 23.

Mike
(Image)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:05 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Brandon Routh Still the Man of Steel?

January 5, 2008

According to this report at Ain't It Cool News, Brandon Routh will still play the Man of Steel in the stand-alone "Superman" franchise. It is still unknown whether Bryan Singer will return to direct the Superman Returns sequel.

This possibly debunks yesterday's rumor that Warner Bros. was going to cast the actor who will play Superman in Justice League in a separate movie down the line.

Mike
(Image)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:04 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Nothing Happening for Superman Sequel?

Source: Variety

January 12, 2008

Variety's Anne Thompson has written a bit more on the Superman Returns sequel:

No screenwriters are on board. "Returns" writers Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris opted out of penning "Superman: Man of Steel," and the strike arrived just as other scribes were to pitch ideas. Internally, Warners has moved the release date from 2009 to 2010.

After "Superman Returns" delivered a disappointing box office take of $386 million worldwide, Warner Bros. and Singer debated how to proceed with the next "Superman" pic. The studio even considered rebooting the franchise with someone else.

But eventually WB execs Alan Horn and Jeff Robinov agreed to proceed with Singer at the helm of a $170 million "Man of Steel" packed with more action, a super-powered villain and less romantic melodrama. Before Singer started production on UA's "Valkyrie," WB and co-financier Legendary Pictures closed a deal for him to produce and direct "Superman: Man of Steel."

According to a spokesman for the director's reps at William Morris," 'Superman' is moving forward with Bryan Singer attached." But inside the studio, "Superman" is not on any fast track, and word is that Singer may wind up not directing it.

The article also again mentions that Justice League might not be going ahead until after the strike.

Mike
(Image)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:09 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Bryan Singer Talks Superman Sequel

March 11, 2008

Empire Online talked to director Bryan Singer, who says that he has started working on Superman: Man of Steel.

"I'm just getting back with writers after the strike. We're just in the development phase. I'm starting to develop a sequel...with the intention of directing it," he told the magazine.

About the negative reaction to the first film's focus on the drama instead of the action, Singer added, "The first one was a romantic film and a nostalgic film... And now that the characters are established, there's really an opportunity to up the threat levels."

You can read more of the interview here.

Mike
(Image)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:06 am 
serves the Otter

...interesting. The writers strike may have worked to Singer's advantage with this one. I still have faith in what he was trying to do, although I'm not the biggest fan of Superman Returns. Hopefully something good will come of this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:11 am 
Mint on Card

I liked Superman Returns, and while I can cope with some of the beats it missed in the story, the thing that really got me annoyed was the damn filter/green hue that was put on the film. I know Singer wanted to give the film a nostalgic feel, but the filter he used ended up making most scenes look drab and and gloomy instead of warm and soft, like I think he was going for.

That filter made most of the scenes muddy, making anything blue look too green and anything red too brown. This was really bad when it came to shots of Supes in his suit. In set photos of the suit you can see the nice dark red and strong blue that the suit actually is in real life, but on film the blue looks turquoise/blue and the dark red turns to brown.

Supes outfit should be lit really bold and jump out at you from the scene, not drab like it came across in SR. Also, why was the fortress so bossywog dark? The set looked great, but put some damn lights in there to show the place is made of ice and crystals.

Basically, I'm happpy that there will be a follow up to SR, I just want it to look better visually than SR did, more like the way Superman the movie was.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:51 am 
Loose, Missing Package

I just watched Superman III for the first time since it's release and Superman IV for the first time ever and I don't think it's possible for Singer to make a film as bad as either of those -- please, Singer, don't prove me wrong!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:11 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Saw this:
http://action-figure.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=22963
Now I myself am guilty of being a complainer from time to time, but this is ridiculous, are people ever gonna be happy? I personally loved Superman Returns, the acting and the story were great, I think this is one of the most beautiful movies (visually) I have ever seen, maybe I am biased, but I do think this is one of the best superhero movies along with Batman Begins,
and I hope Bryan Singer does a sequel soon,
So WB and DC don't listen to these bums, DON'T RE-DO THE SUPERMAN FRANCHISE AGAIN! just continue from Superman Returns,
I now take you back to your regularly scheduled discussion...
;)

D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:21 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Routh's Superman Contract Has Expired

Source:superherohype.com

July 5, 2009

Superman Returns star Brandon Routh recently told Omelete (via ThinkMcFlyThink.com) that his contract to star in a sequel has expired, but that if they were to call again, he would go back to the character without thinking twice. Other than that, Routh said he does not know anything about the status of the possible project.

You can read the translated article with some more quotes about Superman Returns here.

Mike
(Image)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:39 am 
Mint on Card

SDcomics wrote:
Routh's Superman Contract Has Expired

Source:superherohype.com

July 5, 2009

Superman Returns star Brandon Routh recently told Omelete (via ThinkMcFlyThink.com) that his contract to star in a sequel has expired, but that if they were to call again, he would go back to the character without thinking twice. Other than that, Routh said he does not know anything about the status of the possible project.

You can read the translated article with some more quotes about Superman Returns here.

Mike
(Image)

Yeah I read this over at the Superman homepage and its a real shame that they never got their act together on a sequel. Don't get me wrong, Returns had a lot of flaws, but Routh was a real find and I would have loved to see him be given another shot to at the character.

I don't see why they wouldn't get him back though if they do go ahead with another movie, even if its not a follow on from that story. After all the Bond movies are supposedly all part of one series and they have swapped actors out with no problems, so having Routh BE Superman, even if the films don't follow on shouldn't be that much of an issue.

But I was thinking also, if WB don't make any attempts to bring Supes back to the big screen in the next ten years (so by 2019), I wouldn't be surprised if they then waited till 2038 to get a film in theaters, I know that length of time sounds crazy but there were 19 years between Superman 4 and Returns, and it would be 100 years since his debut in comics and would make for a great anniversary for the character and help in the buzz for the movie.

That being said, I would much rather a new film come out in the next couple of years!

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:29 am 
The Last Word

Here's hoping they'll go with a reboot now. It's hard to believe Warner Bros. is just sitting on this character.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:54 am 
Aspires to be #1

It better be a reboot. I'm not really a fan of a movie being a sequel to 2 movies that was made before I was born.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:07 am 
Mint on Card

If they do go with a reboot, would you still want Routh in the role or would you want to see them find a new Superman (and not Tom Welling, Smallville is its own animal and should stay as such! :wink: ) ????

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 608 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 41  Next