Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 5:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 988 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66  Next
 Post subject: Re: Young Justice TV Series Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:41 am 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

Neither Gargoyles nor Spiderflop are DC properties, and considering how many Direct to DVDs DC has already done, the possibility is higher that with the other 2. He doesn't have to be the one writing it either.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:21 am 
Factory Manager

LordMudd wrote:
Neither Gargoyles nor Spiderflop are DC properties, and considering how many Direct to DVDs DC has already done, the possibility is higher that with the other 2. He doesn't have to be the one writing it either.

CCC.

If JLU, which had a MUCH broader fanbase (it appealed to both kids and adults while YJ mainly appeals to adults) didn't get a DTV, Young Justice definitely won't. DTVs cost a lot of money and DC won't chase good money after bad from a canceled series. It's over. It's time to accept that.

ThunderCats Wishlist: Wilykit, WilyKat, Snarf, Ma-Mutt, Jaga, Vultureman, Grune, Rataro, Hatchiman, Snowman, Termigar, Hammerhand, Capt. Cracker, Capt. Shiner, Bengali, Lynxo, Pumyra, Mongor, Safari Joe, Driller, Ro-Bear Bill, Mandora, Mumm-Ra (Mummy).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:52 am 
Aspires to be #1

JLU sort of got one with Crisis on IE but not at all the one we were hoping for. That was clearly a JLU story though.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:18 am 

Fone Bone wrote:
LordMudd wrote:

CCC.

If JLU, which had a MUCH broader fanbase (it appealed to both kids and adults while YJ mainly appeals to adults) didn't get a DTV, Young Justice definitely won't. DTVs cost a lot of money and DC won't chase good money after bad from a canceled series. It's over. It's time to accept that.

In your opinion, but you do not speak for DC. I am not saying they will, I am saying they CAN. The opportunity is there, it just takes one person with the vision to reach out and grab it. DC has cranked out easily twice as many DTVs as Marvel, so the possibility of it being done is higher. After all, they know there is a YJ fan base that will buy it, as opposed to an Aquaman or JSA movie. As an executive given those 3 choices for the next movie project, not thinking as a fan, which would you pick?

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:22 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I'd pick Aquaman!

:mrgreen:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:47 pm 

and I would prefer JSA, as a fan, but of the 3 YJ has the most potential from an executive's point of view.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:56 pm 
Factory Manager

DC has made it's position on resurrecting dead properties perfectly clear by what happened with Crisis on Two Earths. Young Justice is dead. Wishful thinking is not reality.

ThunderCats Wishlist: Wilykit, WilyKat, Snarf, Ma-Mutt, Jaga, Vultureman, Grune, Rataro, Hatchiman, Snowman, Termigar, Hammerhand, Capt. Cracker, Capt. Shiner, Bengali, Lynxo, Pumyra, Mongor, Safari Joe, Driller, Ro-Bear Bill, Mandora, Mumm-Ra (Mummy).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:11 pm 

My heart wants to disagree with you, but my brain says you're right.

:cry:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:54 pm 
Factory Manager

Shellhead wrote:
My heart wants to disagree with you, but my brain says you're right.

:cry:

I'm wrong about a lot (no lie! :wink: ) but I don't think I am here. I think Crisis On Two Earths was a total slap in the face to JLU fans and that Greg Noveck is the biggest prick alive. Just because he's gone doesn't mean DC has changed it's policy though. If it had we'd have gotten a JLU DTV by now because of Bruce Timm's close relationship to WHV. Greg Weisman doesn't have the tenth of the influence at DC that Timm does, so if Timm can't resurrect the DCAU Weisman has no shot.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:57 pm 

One more day.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:58 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

Gee I wonder if they had a third season planned by chance ? I do love this series and hate that Teen Titans Go is coming it looks worse then I thought but little let down by the end. I mean I just know this series would have had an awesome third season

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:13 am 
Aspires to be #1

This whole thing wrapped up too quickly and then ended on a cliffhanger for a third season. GL TAS was the better show.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:53 am 
Loose, Missing Package

I'm using the spoiler text for those on the west coast and those that have to wait for tomorrow's repeat (or to sit down with the DVR)...

Spoiler: show
I'm impressed. I never thought that both series could manage to tie-up the main story in so few episodes... Granted, I'm sure there are plot holes that a truck could be driven through if one were to sit down and over-analyze them but I am happy with the way the stories tied-up even if both were left with an open ending.

Another season of this would have been wonderful, but the ending gives you an idea of what lies ahead without getting you involved in a new story that isn't going to be told. Kudos for that. Glad to see that Godfrey was included with the Apokoliptians, I don't ever think that he's been directly tied to them before in animation.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:08 am 

Solid ending.

But they really needed those 26 episodes this year.

Bummed to see this go, especially with TTG being so underwhelming in the preview.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:02 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Spoiler: show
I cannot believe they killed off Wally. My favorite character on my favorite cartoon and he dies on the last episode. I am not happy. :x

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 988 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66  Next