Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 5:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Teen Titans Go!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:05 am 
Factory Manager

Teen Titans Go! "Beast Girl"
Spoiler: show
Meh. They never really explained where the Opposite Titans came from, so I'm annoyed. If Beast Girl DID come through a mirror, how did the other Opposite Titans? I don't ask for much from this show, but we should at least have gotten that.

The wieirda, weirde, weirdi, weirdu, and weirdsometimesy thing was funny.

My favorite moment was Beast Boy gratefully thanking Robin after he tells him he doesn't contribute much. Which pretty much says everything about the character right there.

Underwhelming. **1/2.

ThunderCats Wishlist: Wilykit, WilyKat, Snarf, Ma-Mutt, Jaga, Vultureman, Grune, Rataro, Hatchiman, Snowman, Termigar, Hammerhand, Capt. Cracker, Capt. Shiner, Bengali, Lynxo, Pumyra, Mongor, Safari Joe, Driller, Ro-Bear Bill, Mandora, Mumm-Ra (Mummy).

Post subject: Re: Teen Titans Go!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:08 pm 
Factory Manager

Teen Titans Go! "Flashback, Parts 1 and 2"
Spoiler: show
Kid Flash is SUCH a stinker on this show. It is so weird that all of the major villains on this show are heroes, and all of the supposed villains are actually innocent victims. But Kid Flash comes across as especially loathsome. I hate him so much. Rosenbaum made him genuine and lovable. Friedle makes him the kind of guy who makes it so that you actually relish the shattered leg. And you really should not ever be doing that. But Friedle makes me WANT to do that.

I loved Raven "attacking the dummy". Seriously, Robin was begging for that.

I love the sickened and mistrustful look the cat gives Starfire after she takes it out of her mouth. Points for retconning the stupid language kiss meet-cute too. Did I mention I hate that part of the Teen Titans mythology? It needs to be retconned gone and stay retconned gone.

Was that the first instance of "The Old Shablammo"? I think it might have been.

Kid Flash better be doin' the peepee dance, and he'll be doing it for another minute! I love Beast Boy.

I love the idea that Robin is only an intense mess because the other Titans MADE him an intense mess. It's believable too.

What a fun episode. Not exactly as epic a debut as "Go!" was for the original series, but Go! didn't have Starfire eating cats, so pobody's nerfect. ****1/2.

ThunderCats Wishlist: Wilykit, WilyKat, Snarf, Ma-Mutt, Jaga, Vultureman, Grune, Rataro, Hatchiman, Snowman, Termigar, Hammerhand, Capt. Cracker, Capt. Shiner, Bengali, Lynxo, Pumyra, Mongor, Safari Joe, Driller, Ro-Bear Bill, Mandora, Mumm-Ra (Mummy).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8