Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: State of LCBH?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:15 pm 
serves the Otter

So how is this line doing?

I think I'm going to buy the Pitt wave. It doesn't seem to be moving much around here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:00 pm 
proverbial old fart

Although the line has been out for a while in the Tulsa WMs, it was just placed in my local store in conjunction with the planogram reset after the holidays. The only character sold off the pegs was the Savage Dragon and both the 2 packs have not moved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:59 pm 
We're going streaking!

e-tailers seem to be blowing these out (has any variants ever sold so low and were so easy to find?); CSC has a case of Series 2 for $60 and BBTS has the two LCBH series 1 variants for $3.99 each.

On the other hand, local Wal*Marts have pegs for LCBH after their reset. Unfortunately they are stocked with Series 1, not sparse (around here) Series 2. They did stock plenty of the two-packs, which overall have moved fairly well.

On the downside again, while some TRUs received LCBH, none of my five TRUs (between two cities) ever received them.

Personally, I think the line is dead. Again personally, while I liked Series 1 & 2, Series 3 was probably a pass for me, minus Conan; even the BAF held no appeal to me. I felt like many collectors felt the same way.

Toy Fair is right around the corner and should tell all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:52 pm 
serves the Otter

I think they should focus a bit more on lines. I thought it was stupid I have to buy Dredd and Death in seperate series. They seemed to be catching on with MonkeyMan and O'Brien being together, never saw pics of Wave 3.

Post subject: Re: State of LCBH?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:48 pm 
Fugitive Dust

Maniac Joker wrote:
So how is this line doing?

I think I'm going to buy the Pitt wave. It doesn't seem to be moving much around here.

Big Bad Toy Store is having a nice clearance price on the MonkeyMan wave:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:08 am 
my tummy itches

"Talk" is that the line is dead. But I feel we might as well just wait until Toy Fair to be sure. I really would have liked to see series 3 and 4 be made. Series 3 Baf was a pretty awesome Ice Giant and both of those series were rumored to have characters from Grendel in them (according to an online retailer before they were told to pull the lists). I've waited a long time for a 6" Grendel Prime and if we're this close and it doesn't happen, I'll be extremely disappointed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:33 am 
proverbial old fart

I wonder if ToyBiz cut a deal with WM to carry this line in order to get the Ironman and Hulk toys?

Just a thought...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:50 am 
5" Scale

man for $49.99 for 8 figures, i dont care if the line is dead, thats a great deal!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:57 am 
my tummy itches

Glenn2000 wrote:
I wonder if ToyBiz cut a deal with WM to carry this line in order to get the Ironman and Hulk toys?

Just a thought...

Don't know what you mean by this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:38 pm 
serves the Otter

Well I blew a bunch on money on this line last nght to get the BAF. Grr, now I feel bad about it.

I guess we'll see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:48 pm 
PVC

Why is no news automatically bad news? There was no news on JLU for a long time and that's gonna' be OK. Now if Toy Fair comes and goes and there's no new info, then lets talk about the line being over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:04 pm 
proverbial old fart

TSR wrote:
Glenn2000 wrote:

Just a thought...

Okay, here is a clear explanation:

Marvel owns ToyBiz.

Although Marvel has licensed their figures to Hasbro, we don't know the details of that license.

I wonder if Marvel, through ToyBiz, has informed both Hasbro and Wal-Mart that if the latter company wants to carry the Ironman movie tie-in toys, they have to buy the LCBH line from ToyBiz...

It's probably not the case, but it seems so crazy an idea that it just might be real...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:42 pm 
Knows his stuff

TSR wrote:
"Talk" is that the line is dead. But I feel we might as well just wait until Toy Fair to be sure. I really would have liked to see series 3 and 4 be made. Series 3 Baf was a pretty awesome Ice Giant and both of those series were rumored to have characters from Grendel in them (according to an online retailer before they were told to pull the lists). I've waited a long time for a 6" Grendel Prime and if we're this close and it doesn't happen, I'll be extremely disappointed.

Sorry to disappoint you, but Matt Wagner himself assured me last year that it isn't going to happen. A Grendel movie ("Devil's Legacy," the Christine Spar storyline) was in preproduction at Warner Bros., and that put a kibosh on any Grendel figures coming out of LCBH/Marvel Toys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:25 am 
Cold-cast

Glenn2000 wrote:
TSR wrote:
Glenn2000 wrote:

Just a thought...

Okay, here is a clear explanation:

Marvel owns ToyBiz.

Although Marvel has licensed their figures to Hasbro, we don't know the details of that license.

I wonder if Marvel, through ToyBiz, has informed both Hasbro and Wal-Mart that if the latter company wants to carry the Ironman movie tie-in toys, they have to buy the LCBH line from ToyBiz...

It's probably not the case, but it seems so crazy an idea that it just might be real...

Interesting idea, but there are one or two holes in your theory. First, Marvel would have no control over Hasbro's distribution of the Iron Man line. Second, no toy company is going to withhold a line from any retail chain.....especially the 800 pound gorilla I like to call Walmart.

That brings me to the third point. Being the king of the mountain as far as retailers go, Walmart has more than enough clout to effect policy at any of the toy companies that sell through them. Not the other way around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:25 am 
We're going streaking!

Gardner Grayle wrote:
Why is no news automatically bad news? There was no news on JLU for a long time and that's gonna' be OK. Now if Toy Fair comes and goes and there's no new info, then lets talk about the line being over.

JLU still never effectively disappeared from the pegs. TRU and Target kept them in circulation, even if it was just the Trinity Sets and singles no collector wanted.

LCBH Series 2 has barely seen distribution and no one seems to be carrying them except, oddly enough, Wal*Mart (and that's mostly 2-packs and Series 1), and from the sounds of it, Series 3 is about 3 months late now. and Series 3 was never fully announced, IIRC; the series was only partially shown and never officially announced.