Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: So talk to me about some of the Marvel Showdown figures...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:54 am 
Unbreakable

How are the Cyclops and Elektra figures? Do their arms fall off easy like Cap and Ghost Rider or are they pretty solid figures? I'm really wanting a Jim Lee era Cyke to go with the Wolverine Origins figs and an Elektra to beat the snot out of Bullseye. But I don't want to fish around ebay for them if they are going to be terrible like some of the earlier Showdown figs.

Any info on the Venom fig would be cool too. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:54 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

The Venom fig is pretty solid. In general, the SS figs seem to be a little bigger than the FF figs, but not so much so that you can't display them together.

It is a little weird to have Invisible Woman taller than her brother, though.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:01 pm 
Bob Vila

Cyclops is a decent figure; I doubt you'd be disappointed. Elektra is one of the worst figures in the line, IMHO, and not worth getting. Venom is one of the better figures in the line, and I would definitely recommend him, even though I'm sure that Hasbro will make him sooner rather then later.

I would also strongly recommend the Showdown Juggernaut figure, who is basically just a smaller version of the Tb ML figure. He's gorgeous, and I don't think that Hasbro will ever top him. Thor and Colossus are other great ones. As for who to avoid, besides Cap and Elektra, the only one that pops to mind immediately is Magneto.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:59 pm 
3 3/4"

I actually like the Magneto but that is beside the point.

Invisible woman is horrid, easy pass.

Venom is awesome, one of the best.

Also agreed on Thor, Jughead and colossus.

The Silver surfer is far better than the Hasbro one, as is torch (which ain't saying much at all). I also think Green Goblin is better as well. Head sculpts on Spidey and a few others are better but the bodies are better from hasbro. Its a case by case on who is better or worse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:13 pm 
Bob Vila

My Magneto has a pretty horrible paint job, which is a big source of my dislike.

Oh, I meant to say that if you're looking for Jim Lee-era X-Men, Beast is also in that style (and pretty nice). And if you're looking for these, you may still be able to find some at Big Lots. I was in one a month or so ago and they had the Mr. Fantastic/ Mole Man set on clearance (which means it's in deep discount!). I know they had at one time some of the later figures like Thor, Cyclops, and Venom. Incidently, Mole Man is a pretty cool figure as well. It's too bad KB is gone, because they had a good amount of these guys left right up to the end. I got my Juggernaut at a KB.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:32 pm 
MINT!

The Magneto and Colossus two pack is the best of the bunch. I don't like the FF that much but I did pick up the The Thing/Spider-Man pack and the Thing is pretty good too.

The best part about SHS was that they tried to do some sort of scale.