Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: X-Men movie figures all in scale?
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 8:28 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

I've been recently checking out the various X-Men Movie Trilogy figures that were released over the course of the last decade or so, and have been interested in picking a few up. The X3 Juggernaut and Beast figures looked especially cool....

But I can't tell if they're all in scale with one another. If I buy a Prof X in wheelchair figure from the X1 releases, will it look normal next to Juggie?

Basically, I'm looking for some advice from those who are familiar with all these various figures. Which have the best sculpts and which work together as a coherent line?

Thanks in advance for the help. I've been collecting DCAU toys pretty exclusively, so I really know nothing about all the various lines. Is there a resource I could check out?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:48 am 
Santos L. Halper

Besides collecting JLU, I collect the 6" scale Marvel movie figures too. Yeah, the X1 & X2 line are in scale with one the movie Marvel Legends figures that came out for X3. I've put movie Spiderman, with all the movie X-men, movie Iron Man, movie Hulk, movie Fantastic Four (first series) and all the Marvel Legends movie figures, and they're all pretty much in scale with each other.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:54 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Really? So the X1 version of Cyclops is in scale with the recent Wolverine: Origins, more articulated version? Seems the new Cy is taller, at least based on how it looks online in that two-pack with Colossus. They both seem to be the same height as the X2 Nightcrawler...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:47 pm 
Santos L. Halper

I thought the new Wolverine Origins figs were 3" scale? Not in scale with the older stuff - 6 inches.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:44 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

There is a Wal-Mart exclusive 2 pack with Cyclops and Colossus (both in X3 style) that appear to be in 6 inch scale. The Origins line seems to have both 3 and 6 inchers....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:33 am 
Santos L. Halper

That Wal-Mart pack is a re-issue of the older stuff, so yeah, they'll be in scale, although I hear the quality of the new packs don't compare to the original figs that were issued. But then again, the newer Wal-mart packs might be a little lighter on the wallet then the older stuff.

I have yet to see any 6" figs for the new Wolvie movie. All I've seen is the 3" stuff. Perhaps someone else that seen any 6" stuff could chime in here?

Post subject: Re: X-Men movie figures all in scale?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:56 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

i still wish they made a lady deathstrike

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:27 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

All the X-Men movie figures are in perfect scale with Marvel Legends and are in perfect scale with each other, I.E Juggernaut and Colossus are alot taller than the other guys. (but not TOO tall)

I used to own every single X-Men movie figure going from all 3 films. I unfortunately had to sell most of the set because i needed money at the time, but couldnt bring myself to sell the X3 Juggernaut and Beast (funny that you mentioned how cool those look because I thought the same)

I kept them because they are fantastic figures and I would definitely pic them up if I were you. Even now I have them on display in my room amongst other figures such as ML Daredevil (Movie) Ghost Rider Movie Figures, Dark Knight Movie Masters, Green Lantern Movie Masters etc and they are all in perfect scale.

The only figure from the X-Men movies that would not fit that 6 Inch scale is the X-Men Origins Wolverine Hugh Jackman figure from Marvel Select. Hes too big to fit in with the 6 Inch guys, but looks too small to fit in with all the other Diamond Select figures which is very dissapointing. I have him displayed anyway but he doesnt fit in with the marvel select iron man etc. Thats a real shame.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:16 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Honestly I prefer the old X-Force series from the 1990s. Maybe its because I was a kid at the time. I do agree that the newer issues are much cooler, there's just something about the nostalgic action figures which can't be replaced.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:25 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

The larger characters (like juggernaut) tend to be less bulky but taller in these lines.