Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:19 pm 
PVC

Marvel REALLY should consider releasing some make animated styled action figures for "The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes!". They can’t just give us an awesome show like this and no action figures. Marvel has a chance to compete with DC’s Justice League Unilmited line and I strongly believe this is an opportunity they should take advantage of.

Size DOES matter! If Hasbro would make animated figures in a 4.75 scale (JLU size) that would be good! As a said before, with "The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" Marvel and Hasbro has a chance to really compete with the JLU action figures and I can't see then gaining ground on JLU with some small 3 inch over-priced figures like their Marvel Universe line (which is NOT gaining on DC Universe).
It would be GREAT if Hasbro made the animated style “Avengers” figures in 6 inch scale like they did with the “Spectacular Spider-Man” line.

Another issue is DO NOT leave out female characters. That’s one of the pitfalls the recent animated Marvel lines as well as Bandai's Teen Titans 6inch line. It was a sausage fest of action figures. That's just foolish!

Post subject: Re: The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:19 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

I couldn't agree more, especially when I look at the stuff Enzo & Bottleimp have done. It would be so easy to do, and they could take a page from Mattel and use interchangeable parts.

Come on Hasbro, AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:48 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Pass. I'll stick to MU. And maybe Legends if they bring it back right next year. Those Spectacular SM figures were awful, as were those Iron Man Armored Adventures toys. :roll:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:15 am 
5" Scale

I'd be game, especially if they did vehicles. I'm not usually a vehicle guy per say, but I've seen some pretty cool things on the show as of late. Still a little behind, just wrapped up the Mockinbird episode. With a 18 month old though, I have to try and fit it around the Sprout channel.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:55 am 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

I'd be all for it if they were somewhat compatible with JLU:) I have no interest in the MU line as it is.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:46 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

MU sucks, this would suck. Hasbro just needs to start pumping out 6 inch waves like Toybiz did. Marvel figures suck atm, DCUC has taken over the entire marvel figure scene over the last year in my opinion. Most of the Hasbro ML are shingbling anyways.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:34 pm 
5th Horseman

Hotsauce, Bitter somewhat.

As for seeing an Avengers line yeah I think it would be cool, but don't do it like JLU (They aren't what everyone are praising them to be), do it more in line with the new Young Justice figures, I think it would work better, but with similair artic to the Clone Wars figures (They have decent artic), or even better just add the characters to the MU Line.