Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:24 am 
Bob Vila

Finally got sick of looking for Captain Marvel (he's been at the top of my want list for ages) so I just bought' em on ebay for a decent price. I Know, I know, I'm just feeding into the speculators, but I was tired of driving to a srtore, getting my hopes up, and striking out. I can wait to find the rest at retail, and if I never do, no loss (though I do like Modok...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:48 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I picked up the regular Captain Marvel and Moon Knight figures yesterday at the Nanuet NY TRU. And the Face Off's Punisher/Jigsaw set today. They had all the regular versions for both lines on the pegs.

PJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:58 pm 
Mint on Card

Picked up the regular Spider-Woman at ToysRUs in Dublin, CA. today. They looked like they just stocked cause they had multiple wave 15 figures MINUS the variants..

I like this wave and all i'm missing is Beta Ray Bill and Thor Buster iron man who i held off on till tomorrow which i'll probably pick up to finish modok who looks great..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:27 am 
Bob Vila

Finally found a couple of these in TRU in Milford CT. They still had the Wasp, BRB, and Spider Woman, whom I picked up (they had multiples of the other two, so I'm less worried about them. Of course, I did that last time with Baron Zemo, then decided the rest of the wave was kinda lame and that Mojo wasn't worth the effort, so I'm stuck with him. And I see Zemos all the time, and still haven't bought Luke Cage, who kinda got lost in the shuffle. Oh well) Anyway, I am less than thrilled with SW. Her joints are either really loose or really tight, she has two joints (at the base of her neck and below the breast bone) that don't seem to move at all, and just look unsightly, and the yellow part on her torso doesn't match up from piece to piece.

I really think that Toy Biz has gotten really lazy with this line; it's like they decided the BAFs will sell the line, and they really don't have to put a lot of work into the actual toys. Not that there haven't been some great figures along the way, but each wave since Legendary Riders has included at least one out and out stinker. I hope that hasbro can eventually get this line back up to the standards established by the early waves, and quickly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:57 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

My local shop finally got 14 & 15 in, so I snagged a full set of each (sans variants). So far I've only opened a few but I dig 'em.

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:06 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I'm not a collector of this line, but I would like to get a couple of the figures. I just started to take an interest in it and was wondering how hard the variants are to find? I was wanting to get a Moonknight but I haven't even seen him in my stores yet. :( Should I just try and get him online if I want the variant? Thanks,

John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:45 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

The variants are pretty tough to get...one of my local buddies who spends entire days driving around looking for them at Walmart, Target, etc hasn't found any. Not a single one. That hasn't happened with any other waves, so take that as you will. It may vary in your location.

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:53 pm 
Bob Vila

John Jones wrote:
I'm not a collector of this line, but I would like to get a couple of the figures. I just started to take an interest in it and was wondering how hard the variants are to find? I was wanting to get a Moonknight but I haven't even seen him in my stores yet. :( Should I just try and get him online if I want the variant? Thanks,

John

The varients are one of the things that really suck in this line. Basically, you have to be the type to go to every store the morning they get boxes delivered, and/or hound the people that work in the stores for them. Basically, you have to be a scalper :evil: . Personally, I don't think the varients are worth what you pay for them (except in a case like Captain Marvel, in which it's a completely different character). i would say, from the photos, that the silver Moon Knight is not that different from the regular. Just my opinion.

Good luck getting into this line. Older figure are often ridiculously priced on the secondary market; I reccomend haunting ebay for loose figures to fill out your collection. Sometimes you can even find varients that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:57 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll get them to look in the back sometime at Target next time I'm there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:43 pm 
Mint on Card

hellpop wrote:
John Jones wrote:

John

The varients are one of the things that really suck in this line. Basically, you have to be the type to go to every store the morning they get boxes delivered, and/or hound the people that work in the stores for them. Basically, you have to be a scalper :evil: . Personally, I don't think the varients are worth what you pay for them (except in a case like Captain Marvel, in which it's a completely different character). i would say, from the photos, that the silver Moon Knight is not that different from the regular. Just my opinion.

Good luck getting into this line. Older figure are often ridiculously priced on the secondary market; I reccomend haunting ebay for loose figures to fill out your collection. Sometimes you can even find varients that way.

I agree with the Moon Knight and with the Captain Marvel I really want that variant cause he's a great looking figure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:12 pm 
Joint Unfreezer

Well here are the UPCs for the variants:

35112 71194 -- Spider-Woman
35112 71197 -- Captain Marvel
35112 71067 -- Moon Knight (sticker on the outside of the package on mine)
35112 71195 -- Wasp (Red)
35112 71077 -- Destroyer

Hopefully your local Toys R Us will be willing to look it up in their system to see if they have any hidden in the back :wink:

For those looking at Target, maybe someone can provide the DCPI -- Ham Salad's good at that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:52 am 
shirtless hugger

Tru.com came through for me with my variant preorders, I got Genis and Julia Carpenter, with one more on the way(I forget who, and they don't say in their shipping notice, either the moon knight or wasp).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:14 pm 
shirtless hugger

Everything has hit in my area in full force now, minus the variants. I've even got the 2nd wave of face offs and the House of M pack (which I may get). Shame I stopped collecting the line regularly, since these new figures look great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:27 pm 
Are all variants being found only at TRU? Seen them so far at WM and KB...no variants though.

kndy

Post subject: Great day for Variants
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:00 am 
ABS

Went to Wallyword and got Series 13 Onslaught Variants for:
Marvel Legends Action Figures Series 13 Villain Series: Unmasked Green Goblin Variant
Marvel Legends Action Figures Series 13 Villain Series: Crown Of Lies Loki Variant
Marvel Legends Action Figures Series 13 Villain Series: Melted Face Abomination Variant

Then I went to K-Bee and just because I was broke they had:
Series 15: Spider-Woman Variant (Jessica)
Series 15: Wasp Variant (Red Suit)
Series 15: Captain Marvel Variant
Series 15: Moon Knight Variant
Series 14: Classic Falcon Variant
Series 14: Unmasked Baron Zemo Variant

Man... When it rains it pours... I won't see that many variants in one day again in my life ....

Happy searching y'all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next