Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:58 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

I remember that crappy show! I tried to watch it, but it's like eating baker's chocolate...there's something dreadfully wrong.

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:52 am 
shirtless hugger

SDcomics wrote:
(But the rights to the Gold Key characters [Dr. Solar, Magnus and Turok] are probably completey tied-up. Like the Charlton characters, they may never see the light of day as toys)

I just saw this quoted in a later post. Shocker has actually said they do have the Magnus and Solar licenses to make figures of, it's on their list of licenses. I remembering Beckett saying that it was actually very easy to get these rights since they're separate from the Valiant license(which was being sat on by the owner).

And if it's the same kind of swiss cheese handshake deal the rest of Shocker's licenses seem to be, then maybe Toybiz will make them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:58 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

What has Shocker Toys done in the past? Are they any good? I woudn't want the Magnus/Solar figures to look like the crappy Astro City Samaritan we got a while ago.

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:20 pm 
active in the community

bluesparrow wrote:
SDcomics wrote:
(But the rights to the Gold Key characters [Dr. Solar, Magnus and Turok] are probably completey tied-up. Like the Charlton characters, they may never see the light of day as toys)

I just saw this quoted in a later post. Shocker has actually said they do have the Magnus and Solar licenses to make figures of, it's on their list of licenses. I remembering Beckett saying that it was actually very easy to get these rights since they're separate from the Valiant license(which was being sat on by the owner).

And if it's the same kind of swiss cheese handshake deal the rest of Shocker's licenses seem to be, then maybe Toybiz will make them.

Sorry BS but the contracts are inked in blood! No swiss here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:02 pm 
shirtless hugger

marillion wrote:
What has Shocker Toys done in the past? Are they any good? I woudn't want the Magnus/Solar figures to look like the crappy Astro City Samaritan we got a while ago.

They've made some block figures called Shockinis. I don't believe they've made any action figures before.

Shocker, are your deals with the creators exclusive or non-exclusive? Your friends at AF.com are getting themselves into trouble on your behalf, it might benefit everyone if you cleared that up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:44 pm 
Master of the Interwebs

marillion wrote:
What has Shocker Toys done in the past?

You can see some of the work they've done (and are doing) here:

http://shockertoys.com/products.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:15 pm 
Damage Control

I can't wait for Savage Dragon, and I may be picking up Super Patriot. I've never been a huge fan of Marvel Legends (just kinda sick of the characters I guess, I've recently been more of a DC guy), But I'll really look hard at these if Toybiz is indeed doing them. I really want an Invincible and Omni-man Figure (any Invincible figure for that matter).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:40 am 
active in the community

2 properties were email confirm and are no longer in our Indie Spotlight.
1 property was non-exclusive which was removed from series1. But when a licensor has more then one licensee its their duty to notify the other licensee that the property is being used in the same format by another company. Licensors who have a property available usually do not want to pleeple of their original licensor even though their property may be available for that same scale, it is like a rule of thumb in the licensing world. I have heard that plenty of times from Licensors concerning a property they rep. It is not proper to find out through 3rd parties that a property you are licensing is also beign done by another company at the same time you are doing yours.

Bottom line after this mishap we checked all our contracts and everything is tight and tied up with no lose ends. And as far as Madman is concerned he will be in a different format from us which we will reveil at Toy Fair 2007.

Also if you all want to discuss this further please start a topic in the general toy section as this is ToyBiz's forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:51 am 
Infinite Hero

Well, this is definitely beyond Image...

Check this out:

http://www.2000adonline.com/?zone=fan&p ... Replies=20

Judge Dredd, baby! Yes!!

Jeff

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/author/jeffcope/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:57 pm 
Bob Vila

Jeff Cope wrote:
Well, this is definitely beyond Image...

Check this out:

http://www.2000adonline.com/?zone=fan&p ... Replies=20

Judge Dredd, baby! Yes!!

Jeff

Well, that's a good choice (assuming that is a Toy Biz figure), although I probably won't buy one, as I'm still partial to the old one from the 2000 AD line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:39 am 
Infinite Hero

hellpop wrote:
Well, that's a good choice (assuming that is a Toy Biz figure), although I probably won't buy one, as I'm still partial to the old one from the 2000 AD line.

There's no assuming any more. The cat's outta the bag.

I love the old Re:action Dredd figure, too. It's proudly displayed amongst my Legends.

Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:44 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Did the ToyFare issue come out? What's the skinny on this line?

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:11 am 
Infinite Hero

marillion wrote:
Did the ToyFare issue come out?

'thought you didn't care about it? ;-)

ToyFare comes out tomorrow.

Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:57 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

marillion wrote:
...and I'll probably pick up a few figures from the line, myself. That PITT figure was supremely nice, and that's one of the comics I enjoyed (even tho it was Hulk ripoff). If the Savage Dragon is nice, I'll buy that. However, with no Spawn or WildCATS, I lose interest soon after that.

I believe that was my official stance on it, Jeffy. :P

Peace,

Chip ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:59 pm 
shirtless hugger

Apparantly the new ToyFare has pics of Die Hard from Youngblood, Ripclaw from Cyberforce, The Darkness, Judge Dredd, and Super Patriot(from Savage Dragon). Darkness is wave 2. Also in wave one but no proto pics is Savage Dragon and Madman. Pitt is a 10" tall build-a-figure.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next