Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:39 am 
PVC

Steve, I'd sacrifice my, as of yet, non-existant children for Body Bags figures. Clown Face is #1 on my list of $#!+ I must see before I die.

Fingers crossed!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:55 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

>>Hope we get Hunter Rose Grendel <<

Mike
(That would be a lot of fun. I hope it happens!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:20 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

While I don't want to rain on Jeff's parade and broogle about this line, I will say that the sculpting is tremendous. That Darkness figure, and the PITT figure, are damn-near perfect sculpts. Good job by ToyBiz.

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:51 pm 
An Insider

I wonder if every action figure bubble will have a star burst sticker proclaiming “collectable 1st issue!”...at any rate they don’t need to print any more comics for these figures, all they have to do is visit the local dump...That's one way to cut cost! Ok, Ok all jokes aside, seeing them did up my interest level a bit...Seeing them almost makes me want to support this line (even if I don’t care all that much for the character selection) just because I want this to become a success so they make The Maxx action figures dammit!...I have to admit I’m surprised not to see any gigantic boobies in the mix, this is a 90's comic line of action figures isn’t it?

vader wrote:
I'm kinda looking forward to seeing these even if the characters are no longer as popular as they were back in the 90s. I remember these comic books somehow pioneered the glut of cover variants with "holo-foil" or "chromium" covers plus the "exclusive trading card insert" galore. Wonder if they'll employ the same gimmick with the upcoming figures :wink:

In the form of an exclusive figure as a joke! They should have holofoil packaging and make the figure chrome but vacuum seal it in a bag with a collectable card. Ha, the only way you can even see any of that is if you open the bag! Then you have to buy multiples...One to leave in the bag, one mint on card without the bag to enjoy the holofoil/chrome and a third to open up and "read" :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:27 pm 
Infinite Hero

marillion wrote:
While I don't want to rain on Jeff's parade and broogle about this line...

Hey, man, don't let me stop you. No amount of rain will diminish my enjoyment of this parade one bit...so rain away if you want!

;-)

Jeff

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/author/jeffcope/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:44 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Okay, anything by Rob Leifeld being termed "Legendary" is a crock of horse crap. Period.

There, I'm done. ;)

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:46 pm 
PVC

Cable and Deadpool are kinda legendary and they were Liefeld creations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:44 pm 
Damage Control

I'd really like the Pitt figure, but I'm not sure I'm up to getting all of the figures. Dragon is a no brainer for me, and maybe dread. The others really don't hold any interest for me. I was really hoping for Invincible figures. They look good though. I really hope Dragon has a good likeness compared to Larsens art. We shall see with this line. The are off to a very good start though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:22 am 
active in the community

marillion wrote:
Okay, anything by Rob Leifeld being termed "Legendary" is a crock of horse crap. Period.

You know, Waterworld is considered "legendary" by many movie fans.

I'd love to see them package these things with little background inserts like they did with the Face-Offs...but have the Liefeld ones come with blank ones.

Man...that didn't joke didn't work out quite like I'd hoped...maybe I shoulda just made fun of the feet.

I will say though...those look really nice. Regardless of anything else I might have to say...which I am keeping strictly to myself as of now...I'll be buying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:44 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Bone
Cerebus
Eastman and Laird's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
The Flaming Carrot
Love and Rockets
Maus
Milk & Cheese
Strangers in Paradise
Tank Girl
The Tick
Zot!

those are the most notable indy characters/books that I could remember... I can draft a list of at least 15-20 people who would by the Cerebus fig when he gets produced! And keep in mind, young female comic readers would love to see non-exaggerated female figures every once in a while!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:22 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

>>I can draft a list of at least 15-20 people who would by the Cerebus fig when he gets produced!<<

Add my name.

Mike
(I'd love a Cerebus figure ... and Lord Julius, too!) :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:12 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

I'd love to see them pull off Quantum & Woody. I'd also love to see a Battle of the Planets/Gatchaman set made too. Forget the Turtles... give me Adolescent Radioactive Black Belt Hamsters!!!!

I think this line will really give Jesse & Damon and the guys room to stretch. I think we'll see better work from this line than we ever saw from ML in terms of sculpt or quality. Guess we all know now what'll happen to the vapor product known as Indy Spotlight now don't we.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:24 am 
3 3/4"

oh man Ill be all over that Dredd and Savage Dragon....and plenty more too Id say.....I wonder would they be allowed do Chapel in this line?Id LOVE an ML style Chapel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:31 pm 
Infinite Hero

JOKERFC wrote:
.....I wonder would they be allowed do Chapel in this line?Id LOVE an ML style Chapel

Youngblood's Chapel? I would assume so if DieHard, Shaft and Badrock are part of the line...

Jeff

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/author/jeffcope/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:43 pm 
3 3/4"

Jeff Cope wrote:
JOKERFC wrote:
.....I wonder would they be allowed do Chapel in this line?Id LOVE an ML style Chapel

Youngblood's Chapel? I would assume so if DieHard, Shaft and Badrock are part of the line...

Jeff

yeah thats right-I keep forgetting as well as being a Spawn Bad Guy he was in Youngblood too-very nice to know-thanks man

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next