Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:07 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I've said it on another forum, but I'll say it here as well. I really want some Invincible figures.

I'd love to see

Invincible
Omni-man
The Immortal
Allen the Alien
Atom-Eve
Monster Girl(BAF) and pretty much all the global guardians:D

and also some of the guys from CAPES, especially Knockout and Kid Thor.

-K

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:14 am 
Not that they would... but couldn't they do figures of Brandy and Frank from Liberty Meadows? Each figure could come with one of the animal characters. Heck, they could do variants of Brandy, like evil Brandy and "Lara Croft" style Brandy)!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:57 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Okay, kickass idea there. Sign me up for Libery Meadows figures.

Hell, what about PvP? Didn't Image publish them for a while?

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:21 pm 
Bob Vila

JuliusMarx wrote:
I'd love to see the Rocketeer (as others have mentioned). But I'd also love some of the old First Comics characters (Grim Jack, Badger, Jon Sable). I'd like figures of the Valiant guys (X-O Manowar, Shadow Man) and the Gold Key/Valiant guys like Solar and Magnus.

First Comics is also at the head of my list, because a Nexus figure would make me skip through a dewy meadow like a little girl.

But I also really want American Flagg! and Whisper.

Again, I rrrrreeeeeeaaaaalllllllyyyy hope that they will include some great indie characters from the past, and not just stick us with lame Image and Top Cow characters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:20 pm 
PVC

So Julius, without compromising any sources, what are the odds of Valiant characters, or at least Turok, Solar, and Magnus showing up in this line. It seems a little heavy with Image and former Image characters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:05 pm 
Crime Against Nature

Ummm...we've only seen ONE WAVE.

Let's see what Toy Fair brings before jumping to any conclusions.

Besides, if anything gets missed I'm sure Shocker will cover the gaps.

J.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:12 pm 
An Insider

How about Ms.Victory from the Femforce.

AC Comics' FEMFORCE started in 1985 and is still being published.
It's one of the longest running Independent Comics in America.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:39 pm 
PVC

That's a nice thought Otter, but I have serious doubts about Shocker's ability to deliver anything to retail. EVER.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:45 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

How about Spawn characters in this line, since there hasn't been any Spawn "action figures" made since the late 90's it would be great to see some on the pegs again. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:28 pm 
shirtless hugger

This line will almost have to be primarily Image or Image style characters to start, just due to the fact that most independent comics featuring superheroes that are owned by individuals instead of by publishers are from Image. Valiant, Milestone, Defiant, Dark Horse Comics will no doubt require more upfront money and negotiation than say, Dale Keown. When a creator owns a character they might just agree to a figure deal just to get the figure made. Corporations, even small ones, can't be that free.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:00 am 
3 3/4"

Gardner Grayle wrote:
That's a nice thought Otter, but I have serious doubts about Shocker's ability to deliver anything to retail. EVER.

I agree 1 million%.and we arent alone either man.

Im hoping for heaps of Youngblood characters

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:09 am 
Bob Vila

bluesparrow wrote:
This line will almost have to be primarily Image or Image style characters to start, just due to the fact that most independent comics featuring superheroes that are owned by individuals instead of by publishers are from Image. Valiant, Milestone, Defiant, Dark Horse Comics will no doubt require more upfront money and negotiation than say, Dale Keown. When a creator owns a character they might just agree to a figure deal just to get the figure made. Corporations, even small ones, can't be that free.

Well, yes and no. A lot of properties Dark Horse has published (for example, Concrete and Grendel) are owned by the creators. It's true that there has been some tangling up of character ownership since a lot of companies went out of business. Todd McFarlane bought the rights to the Eclipse characters at auction, for example, which is why he thinks he owns Miracleman. He does own the likes of Airboy. Anyway, I don't think that went into their thinking much. Plus, Judge Dredd is not owned by an individual but a company.

I'm convinced that the reason that Toy Biz (sorry, I can't call them Marvel Toys yet) went with Image characters first is that they think they are more recognizable. I disagree. But I am still looking forward to this line, even if I won't be buying the whole thing (no, build- a- Pitt isn't much of an incentive).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:57 pm 
shirtless hugger

When I said Dark Horse Comics, I was referring to their superhero imprint of that name with X, Ghost, and Barb Wire. The creator owned stuff is of course separate. But my point was that most well known creator owned stuff at most companies besides Image is non-superhero and thus a harder sell for initial waves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:23 pm 
I would kill for Grendel Prime with all weapons.

Marshal Law is also a must have, preferably with a trenchcoat variant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:11 pm 
PVC

I started a thread on another site that this is a line I would create if I were a bored billionaire with a toy company. Anything not owned or controlled by Marvel or DC would be in one unified line. Including cartoon, pulp, and comic strip characters. So this is pretty much my dream line.

Having said that, I think it's time to be realistic about what we're gonna' get. Looking at the Shocker site, I recognize about half of those characters and I'm a 44 YO lifelong comic fan. This line is doomed if Katchoo and Scud are in the first wave. I mean, if you really have the rights to some of the stuff you say you have, start out with a strong first wave like Shadowhawk, Magnus, Dick Tracy, and the Phantom. The first wave is real weak. I don't see a second.

Mavel Toys has a much better chance with more recognizable, more contemporary characters. But if the average parent goes into the average Wal-Mart to pick up a toy for the average kid, and the Marvel Legends is side by side with these indie figures, the average parent is much more likely to pick up Batman, Hulk, or Wolverine than Madman or Superpatriot. This line will have a tough time at retail. The figures will have to be well done and visually dynamic. Liberty Meadows, Bone, Cerebus, Maus, and Milk and Cheese ain't gonna' make it. Jesse will keep this line within the realm of superheroes. I also see him pushing into specialty stores and comic shops. Toy Biz/Marvel Legends is kinda' hit and miss at local comic shops in my area.

I would honestly love to see Jesse do Valiant (VH1 or VH2), Comics Greatest World, Defiant, Broadway, and just about any other recognizable superhero figure. This has the making of an amazing line, if the public bite on it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next