Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:25 am 
Unbreakable

I've always wanted "Snarfquest" toys. Who do we talk to to get the ball rolling on that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:25 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

My picks. With pics.

Click on the thumbnails:

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image

Mike
(Anything created after 1985? Pfffft. Talk to the hand.) Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:49 am 
Bob Vila

I like your list, Mike. It would certainly take the line in a different direction, away from the Image characters (yay!) and to characters that have a higher name recognition but aren't necessarily "comic book heroes". I'd be curious to know what the liscencing fees would be like for someone like Zorro, and if Marvel Toys would think it worthwhile.

But where's Tarzan?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:09 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

>>But where's Tarzan?<<

Image Image

Image Image

Mike
(Image)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:07 am 
Resin

2 of Pat Mills' creations that I want SO bad.
Glad to hear a little Marshal Law love on this thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:43 pm 
Knows his stuff

When I met Matt Wagner at a convention back in January, I specifically asked about Grendel toys being part of this line. He said he was approached about Marvel Toys making Grendel Prime, but they found out all the properties are off-limits due to a Grendel movie ("Devil's Legacy," the Christine Spar story arc) being in preproduction at Warner Bros. :(

Aside from some kickass Grendel figures, I'd love to see:
Reuben Flagg from American Flagg!
The Rocketeer (with removable helmet)
The Shadow
Rex Libris (the best comic none of you have heard of -- a super-librarian who travels through time and space and has adventures with literary and historical figures while in search of overdue books; published by Slave Labor Graphics.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:22 am 
Bob Vila

Big Bad Voodoo Lou wrote:
When I met Matt Wagner at a convention back in January, I specifically asked about Grendel toys being part of this line. He said he was approached about Marvel Toys making Grendel Prime, but they found out all the properties are off-limits due to a Grendel movie ("Devil's Legacy," the Christine Spar story arc) being in preproduction at Warner Bros. :(

The Shadow
Rex Libris (the best comic none of you have heard of -- a super-librarian who travels through time and space and has adventures with literary and historical figures while in search of overdue books; published by Slave Labor Graphics.)

They're making the Christine Spar arc and not Hunter Rose?! :shock:

I've heard the name Rex Libris but didn't know what that's about, but I've gotta check it out. I work in a library myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:01 pm 
Knows his stuff

hellpop wrote:

The Shadow

I've heard the name Rex Libris but didn't know what that's about, but I've gotta check it out. I work in a library myself.

hellpop, are you Horatio Hellpop from the Toy Buzz, or a different poster??? How did I not know you work at a library? (If you're a different guy, that would explain how I didn't know.) As for Rex Libris, the first TPB is due out in June and you can preorder it for $10 and change on Amazon. There is also a 6.5" Rex Libris statue, very affordable around $30 -- I need to pick one up one of these days to go with my growing collection of librarian action figures.

Anyway, Matt Wagner explained that Christine Spar is a far more sympathetic character than Hunter, and no studio would feel comfortable starting a possible franchise based around such a cold-blooded villain. At least Christine is a mother, and dons the mantle of Grendel to save her child. Plus, there are flashbacks in her story that explain Hunter Rose, so there would be the sense of legacy and history anyway -- that's how he pitched it to me.

I can totally see Carrie-Anne Moss playing Christine Spar and Billy Zane of all people as Hunter Rose!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:55 am 
Bob Vila

hellpop wrote:

The Shadow

hellpop, are you Horatio Hellpop from the Toy Buzz, or a different poster??? How did I not know you work at a library? (If you're a different guy, that would explain how I didn't know.) As for Rex Libris, the first TPB is due out in June and you can preorder it for $10 and change on Amazon. There is also a 6.5" Rex Libris statue, very affordable around $30 -- I need to pick one up one of these days to go with my growing collection of librarian action figures.

Anyway, Matt Wagner explained that Christine Spar is a far more sympathetic character than Hunter, and no studio would feel comfortable starting a possible franchise based around such a cold-blooded villain. At least Christine is a mother, and dons the mantle of Grendel to save her child. Plus, there are flashbacks in her story that explain Hunter Rose, so there would be the sense of legacy and history anyway -- that's how he pitched it to me.

I can totally see Carrie-Anne Moss playing Christine Spar and Billy Zane of all people as Hunter Rose!

Nope, I'm a different guy.

I still think going with Christine Spar is a mistake, as Hunter Rose is a far more interesting character. Matt's probably right, though, that most studios would balk at having a villian in the lead role. But most studios are pretty stupid....

To get back to the toys, I love the Big Blast Grendel figure, so I'm not all that upset he's off limits (although he was in my want list that started off this thread). Perhaps when the movie comes out someone like Mezco can do a line of Grendel comics figures like the Hellboy ones....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:21 am 
Knows his stuff

hellpop wrote:
To get back to the toys, I love the Big Blast Grendel figure, so I'm not all that upset he's off limits (although he was in my want list that started off this thread). Perhaps when the movie comes out someone like Mezco can do a line of Grendel comics figures like the Hellboy ones....

THAT would be awesome. I don't know if all of them need or merit figures, but I'd love a good Hunter Rose and Grendel-Prime, at least. I have the Big Blast Hunter (as well as the Spirit and all three Madman variants), and while I got them because I love the characters, I've never been overly impressed by the figures themselves. Too large, sculpts aren't detailed enough, articulation isn't very useful... but I was sure glad to get them at the time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:29 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Two Words, HARVEY PEKAR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:57 pm 
PVC

My top 10 wants....no particular order:

1) Astro City. All.
2) Hellboy. All.
3) Breed. Jim Starlins foray into horror.
4) Valiant. All.
5) Powers. Not Walker and Pilgrim, but Triphammer, Retro Girl, etc.
6) Supreme.
7) Youngblood. All.
8 Kevin Matchstick. And the cast of Mage.
9) Weapon Zero from Top Cow.
10) Aria from Image.

And Tony Daniel's Tenth as a BAF.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:55 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

To go with Conan
Red Sonja
Thoh Amon
BAF Eliphant god

Complete Cyberforce

Psi Judge Anderson to go with Judge Dredd

TombRaider Lara Croft to go w/ Witchblade

Dynamo 5 boxed set

Youngblood series

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:56 pm 
my tummy itches

If 2000AD characters are available for this line, I would love characters from Grant Morrison's Zenith, or at least just Zenith. A variant Vortex would be cool, though.

Also, a BAF Concrete would force me to buy whatever figures are in the line to put Concrete together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:22 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Rocketeer
Savage Dragon( police uniform)
Agent V( V for Vendetta)
Johnny Alpha( 2000 AD)
Kevin Matchstick( Mage)
The Shadow
Lone Ranger
Zorro
Headless Horseman
Mandrake the Magician
Drinky the Crow and Uncle Gabby 2-pack( eh, I can try, right?)

The Maxx BAF

That's all I can think of for now.

Last edited by KingRandor82 on Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next