Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Should this forum get folded into ALL ABOUT THE TOYS?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:03 pm 
Kool Moe Dee

This forum made sense when there were Toy Biz Marvel Legends coming out, now not so much.

VC9k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:06 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

But isn't this where people would go to talk about Legendary Comic Book Heroes?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:41 pm 
Collector Inspector

Well, according to the marvel toys homepage they have 3 licences - LCBH, TNA wrestling, and curious george.
Already have a thread for wrestling. And pretty sure none of us are gonna talk about Curious George.
So it might be worth it to fold it into the All about toys board. OR perhaps make it a sub board of All about or even Hasbro since these are definatley being made with Marvel Legends in mind.
But at the same time, this line has gathered enough attention to cause enough talk to fill a whole board.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:39 pm 
proverbial old fart

For the time being I would prefer that this be a stand alone forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:00 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

I'm going to elaborate a little on why I think this part of the board should stay open. I collect Zizzle's POTC, Bandai's Ben10 and I'm starting PopCo's Harry Potter. Right now, over in "All About The Toys" there are two threads, one for Potter one for POTC, and both cover the Zizzle and PopCo products in combination with NECA's product and it gets a bit confusing. It's also not always easy to find the threads you're looking for over there because it's such a catch-all -- I can only imagine it getting worse if Marvel Toys' threads were moved over there, too.

A question for the Powers-That-Be, under the "All About The Toys" section, can sub-forums be created for companies like Bandai, Zizzle, NECA, Corgi/Master Replicas/PopCo, etc? We use something similar on the KSWCC boards for local findings, we have a general section then sub-sections for each of our three main regional groups.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:02 pm 
Fugitive Dust

You might as well ask the same thing about Has-Brothers, since it currently has only one fewer post than this forum.

From a technical standpoint, is there really any compelling reason to move the forum? Will it save on bandwidth?

I think an independent forum is important for helping develop the brand. And since LCBH is on thin ice as it is, due to the relative obscurity of the characters, I think we should give it all the help we can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:17 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Not to mention that if it weren't for Marvel Toys, we'd still only have about 8 POA and the only decent sculpted "action figures" would be mcf that don't move. I think for this alone, Jesse and the guys deserve their own forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:57 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

If anything, the Wrestling forum should go away.

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:41 am 
We're going streaking!

Not... yet. Let's see how LCBH does and overall, how Marvel Toys does. If all the only product they will be putting out is LCBH (I assume TNA would go under wrestling and does anyone here collect Curious George?), I think it should be strongly considered combining this forum into the All About Toys forum. Because right now, you have a whole forum for one toy line. At least before, even when LOTR ended, Toy Biz had Marvel Legends, Spider-Man, XMC, FFC and many other related lines over a stretch of time. Now it is just... LCBH. Is one toy line enough to justify having a full forum to itself?