Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 392 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: DCAU Lives On?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:28 pm 
We're going streaking!

The problem with the idea of multipacks is they could just do what they did with the Girls Nite Out pack and make us buy three figures we already have to get two new ones. That's what did Mattel and JLU in in my opinion. If any multipacks of two to five figures are all new characters, I will not complain in the slightest.

DCAU Wish List: Blight, Inque, Stalker, Jonah Hex, Royal Flush Gang, Luminus, Jax-Ur, Mala, Granny Goodness, Stompa, Mad Harriet, Count Vertigo, Mr. Mxyzspltlk, Steppenwolf, Kanto, Static, Gear, Zeta, Ro, Felix Faust, Morgaine Le Fey, Ares, Circe, Hades.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:31 pm 
Collector Inspector

Yeah, and what happened to TNBA Riddler and Catwoman? Weren't they already previewed months ago? Are they still being released as singles? How about the Legends of the Dark Knight pack?

I also thought these were selling pretty well so I'm confused as to why they're going this multi-pack route. It certainly makes me think that they're scaling back in some way.

I am not a fan of multi-packs as it tends to mean fewer accessories for the individual figures and it forces you to pay for a whole bunch at once when you may not like the paint job on one or two of them.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:16 am 
PVC

TNBA Catwoman and Riddler are still being released as singles and are coming out next month.
Fone Bone, you are right. There's no doubt in my mind that multi-packs killed JLU. I gotta say though that I am impressed with the new jail multi-pack with Montoya. I don't like the price but am happy we are getting all new characters and aren't forced to rebuy any. I'd rather have the singles but if DC keeps releasing packs like that I'll be happy.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:10 pm 
Collector Inspector

Ya gotta wonder though - how many different light-up packs can they create to justify the price point?

I was really looking forward to their Justice League offerings being singles that I could pick and choose from. For Batman Beyond though, I definitely see packs working out nicely because some of the characters are a bit lackluster while others have awesome designs. They can balance both categories in a pack and I assume it would sell because practically none of the characters on that show were ever made in plastic. I'm not even a big BB fan but it will be really nice to see characters like Curare, Ghoul, Inque and Blight finally get figures...if DC Collectibles follows through.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:12 am 
Santos L. Halper

Got the TNBA Riddler and Catwoman this week. Very nice overall, and Isis is a cool accessory. She's even articulated. Now Ace can chase her around.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:28 pm 
PVC

Chilton wrote:
It was during the DCC Pixel Dan interview at NYTF (on Youtube). While describing the upcoming Batgirl figure he just threw out an innocuous comment like, "blah blah blah, our last single packed figure, blah blah...)
That's all I know and I share all of your questions about what it could mean.

I rewatched that video. I think he meant batgirl will be the last single carded figure for the year. I can't imagine that their strategy is to produce all potential figures in multi-packs. If so, I'll be broke. Lol.
I would love for D.C. Collectibles to produce Batman Beyond characters. Those designs were awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:24 am 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

As I understand it, that's exactly what it means. They are switching to a multi pack format, no more singles for this line, this year or for the foreseeable future. Things could always change, but this is the plan currently.

79Bats wrote:
Chilton wrote:
It was during the DCC Pixel Dan interview at NYTF (on Youtube). While describing the upcoming Batgirl figure he just threw out an innocuous comment like, "blah blah blah, our last single packed figure, blah blah...)
That's all I know and I share all of your questions about what it could mean.

I rewatched that video. I think he meant batgirl will be the last single carded figure for the year. I can't imagine that their strategy is to produce all potential figures in multi-packs. If so, I'll be broke. Lol.
I would love for D.C. Collectibles to produce Batman Beyond characters. Those designs were awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:17 pm 
PVC

Bryan Long wrote:
Got the TNBA Riddler and Catwoman this week. Very nice overall, and Isis is a cool accessory. She's even articulated. Now Ace can chase her around.

Yeah, I got mine a couple days ago. I never liked the TNBA design for Riddler but think they did a good job with the figure. Now just waiting for TNBA Penguin and Mad Hatter. Come on DC Collectibles! :D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:12 am 
Fugitive Dust

Picked up a few new characters from this collection. Including the Girls' Nite Out set. Overall really happy with TNBA Catwoman, Batman Beyond and the aforementioned gals. If they're going to go the multi-pack route exclusively, I have to think they'll put out a OG JL 7-pack at some point even if that's technically not BTAS or TNBA.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:45 pm 
We're going streaking!

Picked up The Ventriloquist and Scarface off Amazon.

DCAU Wish List: Blight, Inque, Stalker, Jonah Hex, Royal Flush Gang, Luminus, Jax-Ur, Mala, Granny Goodness, Stompa, Mad Harriet, Count Vertigo, Mr. Mxyzspltlk, Steppenwolf, Kanto, Static, Gear, Zeta, Ro, Felix Faust, Morgaine Le Fey, Ares, Circe, Hades.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:32 pm 
Knows his stuff

I picked up the Superman Lois pack and could not be happier.
The sculpts are perfection.
I'm so glad they made these two, and still hold out hope that we'll get more characters from STAS.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:03 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

I scored the Last Gordon off Amazon for $16.77 shipped ! I have not purchased a DCC BTAS figure in over a month the price was right could not say no.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:09 am 
PVC

Chilton wrote:
I picked up the Superman Lois pack and could not be happier.
The sculpts are perfection.
I'm so glad they made these two, and still hold out hope that we'll get more characters from STAS.

Glad to know the Superman pack is finally out! I'm going to pick it up as soon as I can. That is one I've really been looking forward to :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:04 pm 
Knows his stuff

Picked up Batgirl today. (BTAS)
Looks better in person than the photos online. It's hard to explain, but seeing it in-hand from different angles seems to make it resemble the 2D cartoon version better than photographs of it on a screen.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:43 pm 
Collector Inspector

I'm starting to question how well this line is actually doing if all they're announcing so far is a 100$ Jokermobile I can't even recognize (Joker's Millions?) and a Harley Expressions pack.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 392 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next