Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: DC Comics Icons!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:38 am 
Former King of Posts

The problem with a multipack is the price. The price of a single figure is hight enough at this point that it is hard for me to justify the purchase. Not going to buy a multi pack if it has characters I already own. Which I guess makes my comments on this irrelevant because I already own viable versions of both Ted and Booster.

The only JLI character I need is Rocket Red that is actually in scale with the rest of the figures. And I agree that Rocket Red should be a single so folks could buy more than 1.

In fact, Rocket Red was in my list of top 4 DCDirect / Mattel 6 inch figures needed years ago, along with Zauriel who is also still among the missing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:38 am 
An Insider

$75 for this? No. Simply no. Whatever Kool-Aid they've been drinking over at DCC needs to stop now. These insane price hikes will kill interest in all their lines.

C.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:15 am 
PVC

Casimir wrote:

$75 for this? No. Simply no. Whatever Kool-Aid they've been drinking over at DCC needs to stop now. These insane price hikes will kill interest in all their lines.

C.

$75 for that!? :shock: That is crazy! DC Collectibles has got a lot of nerve taking advantage of collectors like this! Especially with how the quality of their figures has been. This has gotten beyond ridiculous!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:09 am 
declined to be a vampire

Jim_Abell wrote:
I don't make the rounds of the comics/collectibles shops like I used to so I really don't know what is going on at retail but I have been getting out to a lot more conventions and with what I've seen there this doesn't surprise me that much... The dealers that carry DCC stuff usually have a *TON* of it and I never see anyone looking at it. Generally it's the stuff from the Arkham games, the new 52 figures, the animated stuff or Icons. Even the stuff they've got marked down to insane prices just sits so I can see where the retailers are going to be a bit gun shy on anything but the A-listers. The price hikes haven't helped anything either and there are so many collectors now who have that "going to wait 'til it hits clearance" mentality that a full price item is a tough sell anymore. The only "collector" lines I see going strong anymore are the Star Wars Black figures (and even that one tends to have a ton of peg warmers) and Marvel Legends (which blows my mind how Hasbro can keep pumping out the most obscure characters and they keep selling).

It would be interesting to see the #'s, but I think some of the Marvel Legends aren't being produced at near the quantity anymore. I could be wrong.

But pricing has always been an issue with the DC Collectibles stuff. I don't buy near what I used to, across any lines, but I am picky with what I choose now.

I love that Superman/Doomsday pack, but as it has already been said, 75 bucks for that is stupid.

On the flip side, DCC may have figured out where they make money, and it may not be where we think or want. They aren't going to make stuff knowing they lose money.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:36 pm 
Variant Head

Where is the Superman/Doomsday set listed for $75? I preordered it through BBTS back in February for $64.99. It's still available for that price on BBTS too.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:33 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

shabbyblue wrote:
Where is the Superman/Doomsday set listed for $75? I preordered it through BBTS back in February for $64.99. It's still available for that price on BBTS too.

That's DCC's MSRP on that one. Nice the BBTS has it cheaper.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:49 am 
5" Scale

I picked up Nightwing this morning
DC Icons Nightwing -
Spoiler: show

Various Hands and Accessories-

With Various Batman Comparisons -
with DC Icons Justice League Rebirth Batman -
With DC Icons Last Rights Batman -This one hurts.
Mattel Multiverse Rebirth Batman -

With Various Nightwing Figures -
With DCC Hush Nightwing -
With DCUC Nightwing -
With Mattel Arkham City Nightwing -
With Mattel 6" Batman line Nightwing -

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:50 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Oh... does that mean that Supergirl and the Super Sons are out now?...

(which reminds me that I still need to pick up Static and Atomica...)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:13 pm 
5" Scale

Jim_Abell wrote:
Oh... does that mean that Supergirl and the Super Sons are out now?...

(which reminds me that I still need to pick up Static and Atomica...)

Yes, I saw both Supergirl and the Super Sons as well. I had the Super Sons perordered, but cancelled it because I only wanted Robin so I decided $60 was too much for a set that I only wanted one figure from.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6