Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 464 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: DCAU Lives On?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:39 am 
Mint on Card

shabbyblue wrote:
It kind of annoys me that we have to contact the point of purchase to get them. What if some people didn't know that and never see the articles on AFI or elsewhere that explain it? If places like BBTS are supposedly receiving replacement decals, they should just check their order history and proactively mail them out to everyone who ordered a batcave set from them instead of waiting for us to contact them.

I agree with this, I ordered mine through Forbidden Planet here in the UK, I had to send my first one back due to a few faults with it. When I was speaking with them about the replacement I asked them about the replacement stickers and they too knew nothing about it. I’m hoping that they as sellers get contacted by DCC and are made aware and that they go through their orders and contact all customers who ordered it from them, and send out the new stickers.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:24 am 
Peg Hanger

DCC really should have just let us order these directly through their customer service group. The fewer people involved in distributing the replacement decals, the better. Sending them out to who knows how many retailers and relying on THEM to get the decals to the customers is just a bad idea. Obviously something isn't getting communicated since at least two major e-tailers so far don't know anything about it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:43 pm 
Peg Hanger

And now a second email from BBTS that indicates they (and probably every other retailer) are still out of the loop:

"I apologize for the complication with your Batcave and thank you for sharing this information with us. Our Product Department is currently working with our supplier to resolve this issue and we would be happy to share with you any information or replacement sticker sheets that we receive. Hopefully the replacement sticker sheets will be sent out to us quickly, but in the meantime, if you need additional assistance please do not hesitate to contact us."

Perhaps DCC should not have announced how to get replacement decals before actually informing the retailers themselves. And of course sending those retailers the replacement decals! :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:02 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

I contacted DCBS the company I ordered my Batcave from a few weeks ago. They replied on the 11th that they would be sending them out soon. So I can at least say that they knew about this upfront unlike BBTS apparently.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:27 pm 
Ferret Farmer

My LCS told me that any retailer that ordered Batcaves received an equal number of improved sticker sheets, without the LCS having to ask. It was automatic. I understand that might be difficult for some customers to track down (especially with on-line orders), but really, how else could DCC possibly distribute the stickers and not get taken advantage of?

In other news, January will be another month with no DC Collectibles solicitations in Previews. Another bad sign for the company.

C.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:02 pm 
Peg Hanger

I emailed BBTS customer service last night asking about a status update on the label replacements and here's their newest response:

"Thank you for checking in. Unfortunately, we have not received any confirmatory information thus-far. We are currently working on it diligently, as there are several like yourself that are anxiously awaiting the replacements to become available. As soon as any information is received, we will surely let you know right away. Unfortunately, when we have encountered circumstances such as this in the past, it can sometimes take several weeks to months to receive replacements. Fingers crossed that they arrive shortly, and thank you again for your patience."

Sigh...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:07 pm 
Ferret Farmer

That's strange. My understanding was if a retailer ordered X number of Batcaves, DCC automatically sent that retailer X number of replacement clings/stickers/labels. The retailer didn't even need to ask.

I suspect this has less to do with BBTS obtaining the stickers, and more to do with how can BBTS get them out to customers without a monetary loss.

C.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:40 pm 
Peg Hanger

Again I ask... why can't we just contact DCC's customer service directly to order replacement labels instead of going through this middleman nonsense with clueless retailers? BBTS's statement that it could take weeks or MONTHS to get these labels to us is ridiculous. I should be able to request it from DCC right now and get them in the mail by NEXT WEEK, but apparently that's not an option.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:21 pm 
Mint on Card

I'm in the UK and ordered my Bat Cave set from Forbidden Planet. I emailed them the other day and asked about the replacement stickers, (even included links to the reviews/news items from toy sites that posted about them).
I got a reply today saying that they were aware of the replacements, have them in hand and had put mine in the post to me today. So they are out there for traders/dealers to pass on, don't know why BBTS aren't up to speed with getting theirs to pass on to customers.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:21 pm 
Ferret Farmer

Riddle me this: When is a cancellation not a cancellation? I don't have the answer, just a mystery.

I was reviewing Diamond's monthly c̶h̶o̶p̶p̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶b̶l̶o̶c̶k̶ list of cancellations, when I came upon this listed under "DC Comics":

NOV169022 JUSTICE LEAGUE ANIMATED GREEN LANTERN AF 4
NOV169023 JUSTICE LEAGUE ANIMATED HAWKGIRL AF 4
NOV169025 JUSTICE LEAGUE ANIMATED SUPERMAN AF 4

Um.... I don't recall any animated Justice Leagues figures being announced back in November of 2016. Is this an accidental leak? Wishful thinking? What is this? Did I forget something?

Full list here: https://previewsworld.com/support/previews_docs/orderforms/JAN18_Cancel.txt

C.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:45 am 
Peg Hanger

You sure those weren't statues of some kind, or from a different line than the Bruce Timm figures?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:03 pm 
Ferret Farmer

The only thing that was previously offered that these listings might be describing are the mini versions of the maquettes, but those would have been over ten years ago. Plus, the "AF" in the listing almost always means "Action Figure."

How did this info get erroneously placed on a cancellation list? I don't know. BUT, for this information to exist at all in this format tells me animated Justice League figures have been considered. One assumes to make it as far as list data that sculpts may have been generated.

Add this to all the other odd behavior from DC Collectibles lately, and something smells fishy.

C.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:46 pm 
Fugitive Dust

So, I had no idea the Superman/Lois 2-pack was released. Not much fanfare, even from the retailers.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:57 pm 
Factory Manager

Picked up TNBA Harley Quinn. One of the last cheap figures released that I can actually afford. I'll have to save up for the biggies.

ThunderCats Wishlist: Wilykit, WilyKat, Snarf, Ma-Mutt, Jaga, Vultureman, Grune, Rataro, Hatchiman, Snowman, Termigar, Hammerhand, Capt. Cracker, Capt. Shiner, Bengali, Lynxo, Pumyra, Mongor, Safari Joe, Driller, Ro-Bear Bill, Mandora, Mumm-Ra (Mummy).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:03 pm 
Factory Manager

For what it's worth, the Jokermobile is back up for preorder from Big Bad Toystore.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/V ... ails/56282

ThunderCats Wishlist: Wilykit, WilyKat, Snarf, Ma-Mutt, Jaga, Vultureman, Grune, Rataro, Hatchiman, Snowman, Termigar, Hammerhand, Capt. Cracker, Capt. Shiner, Bengali, Lynxo, Pumyra, Mongor, Safari Joe, Driller, Ro-Bear Bill, Mandora, Mumm-Ra (Mummy).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 464 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next