Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 555 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37
 Post subject: Re: DCAU Lives On?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:55 am 
ABS

Really hoping these come down in price eventually. Already got Supes with the Lois 2-pack, and tbh Aquaman was never a key member of the DCAU League, so his inclusion feels driven by movie marketing more than anything else. As a huge JLU fan, the rest are must-haves for me, but I don’t want to pay full price for them if they’re gonna have sloppy face paint apps. I might be spoiled by Hasbro’s face printing tech now...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:53 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Pop Zeus wrote:
... and tbh Aquaman was never a key member of the DCAU League, so his inclusion feels driven by movie marketing more than anything else. ...

To be fair, Aquaman was included with the other seven in a lot of the original JL merchandise, especially Mattel's. He was the only other hero included in the original figure line in both 4.5" and 12" scales. I think Dr. Fate and Metamorpho were the only other heroes seen in the first two seasons and neither of them are exactly household names...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:39 am 
ABS

Jim_Abell wrote:
To be fair, Aquaman was included with the other seven in a lot of the original JL merchandise, especially Mattel's. He was the only other hero included in the original figure line in both 4.5" and 12" scales. I think Dr. Fate and Metamorpho were the only other heroes seen in the first two seasons and neither of them are exactly household names...

Good point. My memories of collecting JL and JLU figures and seeing a lot of Aquaman in the early days of the line would agree with you. But now that you mention him, Dr Fate seemed to have a bigger presence of the show. So many of the characters on the show who left an impression didn't end up as the ones that were made into figure form.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:11 am 
Grickle Grass Grower

Finally got my final two figures, Superman and Flash. They never shipped with the original order, and I had an email saying they would ship on Nov. 30. I ultimately had to contact DC Universe's customer support. I never got an explanation of the delay, but they finally showed up.

Overall, they're not too bad. Superman looks really good. Flash's joints are a bit loose, and he's also got the super-tiny fists that I've complained about before. I'm still thinking about getting some hands from the other animated figures and swapping them out on some of these.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:21 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Can't believe no one has mentioned the Batcycle set that was solicited...

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ails/77215

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:57 am 
Hambone Hilly

Jim_Abell wrote:
Can't believe no one has mentioned the Batcycle set that was solicited...

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ails/77215

Probably because DCC released the photos of this several months ago. It's good that we finally have a genuine solicitation, but it doesn't reveal anything new.

C.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:22 pm 
Mint on Card

Do people think this is the last wave, or will we get TNBA Penguin, Mad Hatter, Clayface and a few others?

DC love a re-issue, do you think there’s a chance of singles or two packs of the GCPD set?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:59 pm 
Hambone Hilly

elvis8batman wrote:
Do people think this is the last wave, or will we get TNBA Penguin, Mad Hatter, Clayface and a few others?

DC love a re-issue, do you think there’s a chance of singles or two packs of the GCPD set?

0% chance of a singles re-release of the GCPD pack.

DCC could surprise us, but my money says they are finished. (Please, surprise us!) The last round shown (BTAS Two-Face, etc.) had been finished for the better part of a year before they bothered to show it to the public. Usually there are clues or industry chatter if there's more to come. I have not heard anything. (Which means absolutely zilch.)

C.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:11 am 
A Real American Hero

Casimir wrote:
On what basis do you say this?

Disney Afternoon Wishlist: Huey, Dewey, Louie, Webby, Gosalyn, Honker, Negaduck, Megavolt, Bushroot, Quackerjack, Liquidator, Kit, Rebecca, Molly, Wildcat, Don Karnage, Shere Khan, Monterey Jack, Fat Cat, Cubbi, Tummi, Zummi, Grammi, Zummi, Sunni, Gusto.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:36 am 
Hambone Hilly

Fone Bone wrote:
Casimir wrote:
On what basis do you say this?

20 years of buying DC Direct/DC Collectibles on a monthly basis.

Also, DCC is moving away from figures and concentrating on statues, and has been for two years now. The company has shown little interest in moving backwards.

C.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:44 am 
Peg Hanger

Yeah it's probably over after this. I just wish we could have gotten some of the main villains from S:TAS too (Lex, Brainiac, Metallo, Parasite, and DARKSEID) to compliment that lone S:TAS 2-pack they gave us. I would have been thrilled to see a huge and diverse S:TAS line done in the same volume as how many characters they did for the Batman line. Sigh...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:54 pm 
A Real American Hero

Casimir wrote:

Also, DCC is moving away from figures and concentrating on statues, and has been for two years now. The company has shown little interest in moving backwards.

C.
Could they potentially do a repack with less expensive packaging and therefore more affordable? I just want a reissue, and preferably one I can afford.

0% chance seems like a very foolish number to me. Who knows what happens if we make a proper stink? Nobody thought we'd get the last JLU wave either. And this is just a repackage we're asking for, not new figures.

Disney Afternoon Wishlist: Huey, Dewey, Louie, Webby, Gosalyn, Honker, Negaduck, Megavolt, Bushroot, Quackerjack, Liquidator, Kit, Rebecca, Molly, Wildcat, Don Karnage, Shere Khan, Monterey Jack, Fat Cat, Cubbi, Tummi, Zummi, Grammi, Zummi, Sunni, Gusto.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:55 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

Fone Bone wrote:
Casimir wrote:

C.
Could they potentially do a repack with less expensive packaging and therefore more affordable? I just want a reissue, and preferably one I can afford.

0% chance seems like a very foolish number to me. Who knows what happens if we make a proper stink? Nobody thought we'd get the last JLU wave either. And this is just a repackage we're asking for, not new figures.

Those last JLU figures were coming no matter what, at least that is my very strong belief. Once Toyguru came on her hat in hand asking what the most we would pay for them they were already slated to go on Mattycollector. I personally doubt it was just a mild coincidence that final wave had mostly highly requested figures

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:40 am 
Fugitive Dust

Casimir wrote:
elvis8batman wrote:

DCC could surprise us, but my money says they are finished. (Please, surprise us!) The last round shown (BTAS Two-Face, etc.) had been finished for the better part of a year before they bothered to show it to the public. Usually there are clues or industry chatter if there's more to come. I have not heard anything. (Which means absolutely zilch.)

C.

I don't like hearing it and I'm really hoping that's not true but I really do think that you are right. I think DCC wanted to give us the last few key villains to finish up the B:TAS line of the series and it certainly looks like they are done. I thought there were rumors way back that a couple more TNBA villains were in production (I remember somebody at least mentioning Penguin) but that was a long time ago.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:34 am 
Santos L. Halper

It's so weird to me that most people will be never have BTAS Freeze, Ivy or Ra's in his green suit.

So disappointing. A dozen more single figure releases and BTAS and TNBA would have been wrapped up.

BTAS: Maxie Zeus, Red Claw, Baby Doll, Rupert Thorne, Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, green suit Ra's, Bruce Wayne, Andrea Beaumont, Selina Kyle

TNBA: Penguin, Mad Hatter, Calendar Girl

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 555 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37